Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (kapieyow)      Join Date: Jan 2013       01-14-2013, 6:48 PM Reply   
Ok I know both of these are ancient and aren't really wakeboard boats, but looking for something cheap and I found these in my area. On paper the boats are pretty similar, the wakesetter is DD. Main role of the boat is to teach my kids to ski and wakeboard and haul around a couple extra people. My wife and I will do some low key wakeboarding and kneeboarding also. May slalom every once in a while, but would definitely be casual.

Aiming for a DD because I can run a boom for the kids more easily and they aren't as far back on the boat, and of course they seem to be a bit cheaper. Willing to take the hit on space and wake.

Both have towers and ballast (which I think is stock). I believe the ballast is pretty puny in the malibu. It has a wedge also. Only significant difference optionwise is the Nautique has stock cruise control which i think is just rpm based and the 'bu doesn't have any. I have done a little bit of research and the nautique guys seem to say the pro air nautique (TWC) hull was a bit of a flop. Worst of both worlds so to speak. Wakesetter is the sv23 wake hull and from what I have read it seems decent for the era. Both have 500 ish hours. Nautique has a gt40 and the malibu has 325 hp monsoon indmar*

Any insight or direct experience with these boats would be great.