Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ReSession)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-12-2012, 8:56 AM Reply   
I found a few old threads about adding a mirror to the Illusion X tower, and have found 2 and just wondering if anyone has installed one recently and what they think?

I hate not having a mirror (not required in Vermont) but don't want to install the one my V226 came with on top of the windshield since they get in the way and have to be removed when covering.

The Sampson Illusion X & Xs Mirror swings left/right and I like how it also has the quick-release. I spoke to the guys there and they can powdercoat the arm in black, to match the tower for $315

I also came across the Mirror Arm for Malibu Towers on Nice-Racks.com, and I like how it folds up and out of the way, but no cost is shown/possibly discontinued?

Anyone have any experience and/or preference?

Thanks!

Last edited by ReSession; 02-12-2012 at 8:57 AM. Reason: broken link
Old     (hdchapman)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-12-2012, 8:59 AM Reply   
I have the Samson mirror and like it. Good field of view and the quick release is nice for taking it off if you are towing long distances.
Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-12-2012, 5:44 PM Reply   
I have the Samson, love it. 3pc mirror, fantstic field of view. Well built,can be removed simply,adjusted easily. Have been on a boat with the Nice Rack system, good arm ect.. but mirror pales in comparrison to the Samson. After using both,definetly Samson, IMHO.
Old     (Riteride)      Join Date: Sep 2010       02-13-2012, 10:10 AM Reply   
Here is another option by Menace Watersports..
Attached Images

Last edited by Riteride; 02-13-2012 at 10:13 AM.
Old     (augie_09)      Join Date: Mar 2011       02-13-2012, 11:14 AM Reply   
I have the sampson also, no complaints. every now and then I would notice the arm moving to the side because the handle had loosened, but after adding loctite, not an issue.
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-13-2012, 12:01 PM Reply   
Love the sampson mirror
Attached Images

Old     (ReSession)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-13-2012, 12:54 PM Reply   
Thanks for the feedback guys, just put my order in @ Samson!
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-13-2012, 3:03 PM Reply   
does the menace mirror get in the way when you stand. i have always had window mirrors and would love one that is on the tower.
Old     (Riteride)      Join Date: Sep 2010       02-13-2012, 3:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
does the menace mirror get in the way when you stand. i have always had window mirrors and would love one that is on the tower.
You can stand and not hit your head on it if that is what you are asking.. Also you are able to set the clamp farther over and set the placement of the arm to where you want it to be. You are also able to rotate the mirror to set it in the position you want.. It is easly folded or removable with one hand screw.

Last edited by Riteride; 02-13-2012 at 3:18 PM.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-13-2012, 3:18 PM Reply   
i wonder if they have one for the centurion 244 gladiator tower. i will check it out. i have never had a tube style tower on any boat i have owned and want it off the windshield
Old     (Riteride)      Join Date: Sep 2010       02-14-2012, 8:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
i wonder if they have one for the centurion 244 gladiator tower. i will check it out. i have never had a tube style tower on any boat i have owned and want it off the windshield
I know my production team has been working on one that will come around from the side.. Let me talk to them and see where we are at on it..
Old     (ReSession)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-20-2012, 5:49 PM Reply   
Got my new Samson Illusion X mirror today, the black will match my tower nice!
Attached Images

Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-20-2012, 9:53 PM Reply   
Nice, I love the powder coat job. I may have mine done as well, the folks who owned the boat previuos did not do alot of maintenance and has some pitting, yours looks great.You will love it, great system.

Last edited by silverlude; 02-20-2012 at 9:54 PM. Reason: brain damage
Old     (knoteka)      Join Date: Jan 2012       01-04-2013, 9:27 AM Reply   
Does anyboday know if these tower mirror system for the illusion tower cause a problem for the bimini since it seems that this mirror rack raps aroung the tower, which makes me think my bimini wouldn't proper fit anymore ?????
Old     (jmvotto)      Join Date: Apr 2008       01-04-2013, 9:54 AM Reply   
It does not affect my bimini , but i have a moomba 2012 xlv with the v2( same as the ilussion X)
it works great.
Old     (augie_09)      Join Date: Mar 2011       01-04-2013, 12:54 PM Reply   
it sits under the bimini fine. There's a slight buldge in the top of the bimini. I remember long ago someone posting about concerns the bimini would wear through in that spot after prolonged usage. I've had mine 2 years, malibu vride, with no problems besides the mirror slipping a little. locking washers and loctyte fixed that.