Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (FrugalBoater)      Join Date: Sep 2019 Location: Krapkowice Send a message via ICQ to FrugalBoater       10-03-2019, 3:34 PM Reply   
I currently have a 2006 Four Winns Funship 224 with a wake tower. We use this boat to cruise some but primarily tube, ski, and wakeboard.

Dad (42) Wakeboards
Mom (40) Skis
Daughter (14) Wakeboards, Skis, and tubes
Son (11) Wakeboards and tubes
Daughter (5) tubes and skis

The boat does the trick covering all of these above activities. The issue is that my awesome brother in-law just traded his 2006 Sea Ray Sundeck for a 2014 Mojo Moomba. He took us all out for a day of surfing and my whole family had a blast doing it. So.......Now I am in the market, or at least starting to research, an updated boat for our family.

I am trying to spend right around 45k, give or take, after selling/trading my boat and a pair of Seadoos. Because of this, I started targeting Axis, Moomba, and came across Supreme and like what I read about those. Also have looked at a few older Malibu and MasterCrafts, but thinking the newer boats will be better at surfing.

I have also read some things about the hull design of some boats making a rougher ride through chop or at cruising speeds. Trying to find something that also has a clean wake at low speeds for the kids wake boarding. The boy is dying to start landing tricks, but my current wake doesn’t clean up until around 19. And last but not least, need something to add surfing to the bag......

I am open to buy a surf ready boat but also open to buy a WakeBoat, and add equipment. I do want surf tabs that are not manual, but I know you can add those on some boats as well. I will buy and keep this boat for a while (that is the plan), so buying and flipping often is not my style.

I really appreciate any and all advice I can get on this board. So what direction should I go?