Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (derek_h)      Join Date: Oct 2004       05-11-2017, 1:29 PM Reply   
Been looking for a new boat cover. My original boat cover allows to much water in my boat and I store it out side most of the summer. Doing some research I narrowed down too either an evolution or outer armor covers. They both seem like a tight fit with no poles which I am looking for. Unfortunately after talking to the gentleman at evolution, they do not have any Nautique patterns. So it looks like it is outer armer. The only problem is that they only go through dealers and my local Nautique dealer jacks prices up way to high. Any one have any suggests on where to purchase an outer armer cover? ( I have a 2007 Air Nautique 210).
Old     (JR_88)      Join Date: Jun 2015       05-11-2017, 2:07 PM Reply   
Have you already spent $50 on the starbright waterproofing solution and applied that to see if that helps any? I applied it to my cover and it definitely added the repellent qualities back to my 10yr old cover. A heavy coat of the gallon covered my 21' cover with a nearly full quart bottle of spare solution. If I was going to spend close to 1k on a new cover I'd just as soon buy a metal carport.
Old     (ashjbrown)      Join Date: Jul 2012       05-11-2017, 6:56 PM Reply   
I would call bakes in issaquah washington. They are very good and great quality with no poles.
Old     (T_A)      Join Date: Feb 2013       05-12-2017, 10:12 AM Reply   
My stock Malibu cover is outer armor. It looks good and does a decent job, but it's very expensive and made of surlast which will only last 3-5 years outside. I would look for something made of sunbrella. Maybe skiboarcovers.com has a pattern for you? I had him make me a cover that covers everything over tower with it folded. Kind of a pain to lower tower everytime but it is bone dry after any rainstorm. I do have to use poles with the tower down though.
Old     (T_A)      Join Date: Feb 2013       05-12-2017, 12:30 PM Reply   
Also one of the reasons I got a new cover is my outer armor was letting a ton of water in around tower legs just FYI, loved it otherwise
Old     (infinitysurf)      Join Date: Apr 2017       05-12-2017, 7:03 PM Reply   
I did same thing on my 3yr old boat...cleaned my cover with starbrite powder (soaked in tub in hot water for couple hours)....then used about a gallon of water proofing on it and it works like brand new again and beads up water and rolls it off. Just get a little at tower legs now in hard rain.