Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (chrisbucklin)      Join Date: Mar 2012       05-30-2016, 1:25 PM Reply   
2 questions. What's better the 23 or 25? Boarding and surfing don't mean everything to us. But I do want a decent wake yet. I like the size of the 25 better. Also is there any way to get a Lil more speedetails out of either one? I know they ain't made for speed. But a Lil more would b cool. Any thoughts ?
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       05-30-2016, 5:20 PM Reply   
How fast you wanna go in that oversized pos?
Old     (sja)      Join Date: Jul 2012       05-30-2016, 5:31 PM Reply   
I have a 23 with the 550. It goes 41 or so empty ballast and 4 to 6 people with stock prop. It also gets to top speed quickly. I bet you could get it to go mid 40's with the right prop and still be able to get on plane with full ballast. I've heard the 23 is a better wake board boat than the 25. Don't know how the surf wakes compare.
Old     (chrisbucklin)      Join Date: Mar 2012       05-30-2016, 5:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sja View Post
I have a 23 with the 550. It goes 41 or so empty ballast and 4 to 6 people with stock prop. It also gets to top speed quickly. I bet you could get it to go mid 40's with the right prop and still be able to get on plane with full ballast. I've heard the 23 is a better wake board boat than the 25. Don't know how the surf wakes compare.
We'll that's plenty fast for me. Thank u. Maybe I should go with the 23. But I'm thinking that the 25 still has a decent wake. I don't need the best wake, as we're not the best boarders anyways. I do like the 25's size better.
Old     (chrisbucklin)      Join Date: Mar 2012       05-30-2016, 5:53 PM Reply   
40's is fine, which I guess is reachable.
Old     (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Athens, Alabama       05-30-2016, 8:37 PM Reply   
Honest question....why are you looking at ridiculously priced wake boats and don't care about the board/surf wake? Your paying a lot of money for something designed to do what you're saying isn't everything to you.

Lots of nice, and cheaper, boats out there that will go faster and still put out an OK wake.
Old     (chrisbucklin)      Join Date: Mar 2012       05-31-2016, 1:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bstroop View Post
Honest question....why are you looking at ridiculously priced wake boats and don't care about the board/surf wake? Your paying a lot of money for something designed to do what you're saying isn't everything to you.

Lots of nice, and cheaper, boats out there that will go faster and still put out an OK wake.
We'll we do ride, and it is what I like. Just sold my se550. It was great. Just going to try something new. And I've been buying and selling now for years and losing around 30,000. So I've decided to buy one and keep it a while. Thought y not have the best??.....
Old     (chrisbucklin)      Join Date: Mar 2012       05-31-2016, 2:43 AM Reply   
I've been thinking about different options too. My friends all have fast cigarette boats. But they only hold like what 8 ppl. I've looked at decent pontoons too. But I still come back to the wake boat. I still like pulling ppl. And the systems. And they r fun. Who knows. Maybe take the year off, and think again next year. See what's out there towards winter.
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       05-31-2016, 5:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbucklin View Post
We'll we do ride, and it is what I like. Just sold my se550. It was great. Just going to try something new. And I've been buying and selling now for years and losing around 30,000. So I've decided to buy one and keep it a while. Thought y not have the best??.....
Sounds like you sold the best, especially if driveablity is what you need. The good news is that your arms are probably going to get huge trying to turn the wheel on that G25
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       05-31-2016, 5:56 AM Reply   
I don't believe any of the new Gs will do 40+ without repropping them. They are all a 17x17 prop with a 2:1 gearbox now. My '15 G21 w/409 topped out at 38, and my 2016 G23 with 550 tops out at 38 as well.

reprop isn't necessarily a big deal, however, I have tried a 17x18 and a 17x19 on my 2016 G23 (trying to get surf and wake RPMs down because it is way overpowered on the low end and would like to burn less fuel and not listen to the engine running as high rpms). Problem is, both of those props dirtied up the starboard wave. I have no idea why....

We played with weight, speed, and NSS/NCRS settings and finally got it fairly decent, but it is way too finicky. In stock form, it is as simple as loading level, and hitting the throttle. I have no idea why the props make that much difference, but I had to go back to stock. Port wave was unchanged, but starboard was crap. I was baffled, but it looks like I will live with the 17x17.