Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Cap305)      Join Date: Aug 2013       01-04-2015, 11:20 AM Reply   
So my lease for dry storage is coming up for renewal at Lake Norman at the end of February. After two years there I'm seriously considering going to another lake due to several issues with lack of nice water being the biggest. I've been to Tillery on a weekday and it was deserted but I was just wondering if anyone on the forum had insight into how crowded it is on the weekends? Also, just wondering if anyone has had any experience with Lilly's Bridge Marina. They're putting up a new dry stack storage facility and it's roughly $1400 cheaper per year than my facility at Norman. Thanks in advance.
Old     (jcon44)      Join Date: Aug 2012 Location: denver, NC       01-05-2015, 8:56 AM Reply   
I used to work with a guy who lives on Tillery, he told me it was nice almost all the time. Why not look at Wylie?
Old     (Cap305)      Join Date: Aug 2013       01-05-2015, 5:14 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info, Joe. I had looked at Wylie but wasn't sure if it would really be much better on the weekends than Norman boat traffic-wise. Tega Cay has gotten pretty crowded since I've been here. All three lakes are almost exactly the same driving distance for me in northern Union County. Do you keep your boat at Wylie or do you put in there? Any marinas better than others?
Old     (riderx77)      Join Date: May 2001       01-06-2015, 12:40 PM Reply   
I would suggest Tuckertown Lake for water quality and low boat traffic. There are no marinas there so if you require marina dry storage and have the boat in the water when you arrive, then this probably is not a good option.

We had a house on Badin (next lake up) from 1997-2007 and we would head to Tuckertown on holiday weekends for smooth water and to avoid the crazies.
Old     (jcon44)      Join Date: Aug 2012 Location: denver, NC       01-06-2015, 1:00 PM Reply   
I'm on LKN, I'm not trying to run you off either I understand the downside of it. I primarily surf now so the traffic doesn't bother me much. I haven't been to Wylie in years but its very common to hear that its got better water than LKN. If tillery is the same distance that sounds like a no brainer.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-06-2015, 1:10 PM Reply   
Tucker town is good water 365 day a year. But go with some one with that knows the lake first so you don't go out of the channel and hit a stump LOL.
Old     (dukeno1)      Join Date: May 2006       02-01-2015, 2:40 PM Reply   
I have a friend that has a house on Tillery , so I have spent a lot of time on that lake. Basically weekdays are awesome and weekends before 10am are pretty good. After that might as well surf and wait until the late afternoon for decent water. One problem is there are not very many good wakeboard /ski coves on the lake. The few that are there are always crowded and they are not very big to begin with. And, as is typical with any other lake on the weekend, there are always tubers and jetskis blowing up the smooth water in the coves. It is a nice clean lake though and has a ton of pontoon traffic and not many big boats.
Old     (Cap305)      Join Date: Aug 2013       02-02-2015, 8:22 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info folks. Definitely looking forward to some new scenery. Hopefully "busy" on Tillery is calmer than "normal" on Norman. I plan on starting to do some surfing this year also so mid-day stuff shouldn't be an issue other than pissing off the fishermen. I'm looking forward to hitting Badin also periodically now that the boat will be much closer and easier to trailer there.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-02-2015, 8:43 AM Reply   
If your at badin and see a back and panther blue supra 24v with a pair of rev 10's stop by and say hello.
Old     (Cap305)      Join Date: Aug 2013       02-02-2015, 10:03 AM Reply   
Will Do. I'll be in the red/white/black Malibu 23LSV.