Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       05-26-2008, 9:51 PM Reply   
Got to test mine out for a minute this weekend. Anyone notice any issues with steering after it is installed? Mine turns easy one way, and much more difficult than before the other way...

I do have to say it really quieted down the boat! Now at full throttle you can hold a conversation across the boat. I will have to make a block off plate to stop the splashing from under the platform though. Not a biggie though.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-26-2008, 10:24 PM Reply   
didn't notice any difference in the drive after installing mine.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-26-2008, 10:58 PM Reply   
I didn't notice any difference on my Sanger direct drive.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-27-2008, 4:32 AM Reply   
No steering issues here?
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-27-2008, 8:59 AM Reply   
Mine steers fine in both directions
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-27-2008, 9:28 AM Reply   
Mine steers fine still.
Old     (laraujo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-27-2008, 10:48 AM Reply   
No issue on a Supra DD either. You are the third person I know of to mention problems with splashing. I did not notice that but It makes me want to check that next time out.

It is definately great to be able to here the stereo from 65' back now without having to crank the amp all the way up!
Old     (prostartjh)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-27-2008, 10:56 AM Reply   
No issues on my X30 with steering other than i need a new steering cable - but that is not a byproduct of the FAE.

By the way, I lost my downtube (y-pipe) on the second time out with the system installed. I had ordered the wrong elbow length.
Old     (jpuckett)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-27-2008, 11:21 AM Reply   
Luke,

I helped a buddy install his FAE system on a Centurion Typhoon. He didn't have the steering issues but he have the same peoblem with it splashing water up between the swim platform and the transom. Also it has a rooster tail when cruising that wasn't there before.
Old     (lcky275)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-27-2008, 1:14 PM Reply   
No issues steering. Try tilting the downspout outwards to get rid of the spray.
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       05-27-2008, 4:59 PM Reply   
It probably only splashes on mine as it is a slotted platform. If yours is solid, then it would not do it. The water just hits the underside.

I thought it maybe off-center and that was the issue, but it seems dead center. Maybe I'll look behind the steering wheel, odds are a wire wrapped itself around the bolt and is giving me trouble....
Old     (pcolajosh)      Join Date: May 2007       05-28-2008, 7:38 PM Reply   
On my 99 X-Star, I've got a steering issue as well. Easy turns to the right, but left turns are tough and tend to float wide. Just gotta get used to it I guess. All in all, I'm very happy with the FAE.