Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (onetogofast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       09-21-2014, 8:45 AM Reply   
The actuator looks to be 2.5" on the Gen 2. Could they be 4.5"? When in the home position they are up at a steep angle. Can't imagine them deploying very steep. Makes me wonder what to do with my tabs, try similar Gen 2 or fix the holes and make gates, it's easier to make my connecting links now longer and try it before I buy actuators as well
Old     (onetogofast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       09-21-2014, 8:46 AM Reply   
Old     (onetogofast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       09-27-2014, 9:17 AM Reply   
Anyone know the deployed angle of a gen 2 tab?
Old     (loudelectronics)      Join Date: Sep 2013       09-30-2014, 7:57 AM Reply   
Dude you are going to kill your wake that the MB can through by using the tabs or even gates. If you go any way you should go a gate setup but both systems are going to ruin the double black diamondesque of your wake and turn it into a Blue run. The front of the wake will become very rounded off and have no lip.

The tabs are going to create lift, essentially the opposite of what you want to happen when trying to sink your boat with ballast. This is why you see so many of the Malibus that have decent size wakes severly overloaded with weight compared to a listed boat with less weight and a wake that is really powerful, long and a good lip.

The MB makes a great wake on its own. So just saying, you may not be happy with the results.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-30-2014, 8:37 AM Reply   
"ruin the double black diamondesque of your wake and turn it into a Blue run"

That must be wakesurfer lingo....
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       09-30-2014, 9:09 AM Reply   
More like we got a snowboarder in the house. It's getting to be that transition season, not surprised to see people starting to get that snow bug.

That being said, you might want to look into a gate system instead. Rode a gated F-23 and the wave was ridiculously nice, even with just 2,300lbs ballast. Tons of push and a very long pocket.