Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-12-2016, 1:22 PM Reply   
Just finished building a wakesurf shaper with suction cups and 3/4 inch HDPE plastic and obviously it sinks like a rock, so any suggestions on rope length, size, so if it does come off, I don't destroy the boat or hurt anyone. I've never used anything like this before and was curious if anyone had one come off and how it reacted. As of now, I just tie it to the hand rail with 4 feet of 1/2" rope.
Old     (tahoesurfer)      Join Date: Nov 2010       09-12-2016, 6:54 PM Reply   
enough rope to keep it out past the swim platform if it comes off and also another rope attached to a bumper so if it does come un-hooked from the boat it will float.
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-12-2016, 8:11 PM Reply   
Thanks, the 4 feet will put it past the swim platform, but the bumper attachment is an excellent idea,
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-12-2016, 8:18 PM Reply   
On second thought, this weekend, if the bumper will float it, I may just leave the rope unattached to the boat and let the bumper float it if it comes loose.
Old     (feral)      Join Date: Oct 2011       09-13-2016, 4:24 AM Reply   
I just use a docking line - maybe 4ft
Mines never come off but you are going slow enough it shouldnt casue issue