Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       09-10-2012, 1:51 PM Reply   
The riders have spoken. Thoughts?
Old     (cboom12)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-10-2012, 1:54 PM Reply   
Bwahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       09-10-2012, 2:01 PM Reply   
Every day I'm shufffflllllin'....
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-10-2012, 2:34 PM Reply   
I haven't kept up with the X-Star threads but....was the redesigned X-Star even in production for purchase in 2012 or is the "Boat of the Year" award predicting the 2013 X-Star is GOING to be boat of the year. Doesn't make sense to have a 2013 year model as "boat of the year" for the calendar year of 2012.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-10-2012, 2:40 PM Reply   
^you mad bro?
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       09-10-2012, 2:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by you_da_man View Post
I haven't kept up with the X-Star threads but....was the redesigned X-Star even in production for purchase in 2012 or is the "Boat of the Year" award predicting the 2013 X-Star is GOING to be boat of the year. Doesn't make sense to have a 2013 year model as "boat of the year" for the calendar year of 2012.
Haters gonna hate...
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-10-2012, 2:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyD View Post
Haters gonna hate...
Hardly Troy...but a typical response from a select few on WW...go figure. I've never posted in a G23 or X-Star thread...don't care to own either (I own a 2011 Axis A22) and my next boat will be geared towards surfing...so no hating. Just a simple question.
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       09-10-2012, 2:55 PM Reply   
I feel bad for the peeps at Nautique that put forward an honest effort with the G-series boats. Just another example that you need form AND function. The G's are god-awful ugly and besides a stellar wake don't really do anything else new or different.

CC dropped the ball some more with no new tricks being landed, no tourneys being pulled, and no big names riding behind their boats (MC athletes dominated the tour this year). Couple that with poor advertising and exposure, virtually no sales, and a plague of problems with the G-series boats. New boats being shipped to owners with temporary steering wheels???

The boat of the year was Nautique's to lose and that they did. Their Boston Whaler design and lack of promotional savvy means that for 2012 the Super Air
Naaauuutiiques are still just Nautique Antiques.
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       09-10-2012, 2:57 PM Reply   
^and as a Nautique guy, this makes me genuinely sad...
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-10-2012, 3:09 PM Reply   
im just gonna five star this thread now
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-10-2012, 3:23 PM Reply   
Who exactly has spoken? No offense Troy, but there seemed to be more support for the G23 on this site than the new Xstar.

Plus, I think winning awards for being the Manufacturer of the Year and having the Most Innovative Product (G23) from the Water Sports Industry Association is a bigger accomplishment...

(no bias here, I have an X1 in my garage)
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-10-2012, 3:42 PM Reply   
Official Correct Craft Press Release ---->
ORLANDO, FLA (September 7, 2012) — Nautique is the proud recipient of two major awards presented by Watersports Industry Association (WSIA) last night at the 2012 Wake Awards held at the Orlando Convention Center.

First, Nautique was named Manufacturer of Year.

Nautique was also presented with a second award for Most Innovative Product. This award was specifically related to Nautique’s revolutionary new G Series. The new G Series was one of sixty-five products up for the prestigious award.

“It was an honor to be recognized by our industry last night with these two major awards. We have many wonderful companies in the watersports industry and to be selected by our peers for having the most innovative product and as Manufacturer of the Year is a real tribute to our employees and dealers,” stated Nautique President/CEO Bill Yeargin. “Our amazing team of employees, athletes and dealers are 100% committed to not only providing the best product in the industry but also the best service!” added Yeargin.

What awards has MC or the new star received?
Old    sperbet            09-10-2012, 3:43 PM Reply   
Riders? How many people who voted have even ridden behind either boat? I bet less than 1%...
Old    9Drozd            09-10-2012, 4:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
I feel bad for the peeps at Nautique that put forward an honest effort with the G-series boats. Just another example that you need form AND function. The G's are god-awful ugly and besides a stellar wake don't really do anything else new or different.

CC dropped the ball some more with no new tricks being landed, no tourneys being pulled, and no big names riding behind their boats (MC athletes dominated the tour this year). Couple that with poor advertising and exposure, virtually no sales, and a plague of problems with the G-series boats. New boats being shipped to owners with temporary steering wheels???

The boat of the year was Nautique's to lose and that they did. Their Boston Whaler design and lack of promotional savvy means that for 2012 the Super Air
Naaauuutiiques are still just Nautique Antiques.

If you respond to some of these asinine claims, you are getting trolled by one of WW's finest trolls. Please don't take the bait people.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-10-2012, 4:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Drozd View Post
If you respond to some of these asinine claims, you are getting trolled by one of WW's finest trolls. Please don't take the bait people.
Yea, Troy is just doing his thing; which I'll admit is humorous most of the time.

This thread does provide a place to question how the Xstar won Wakeworld's rider's choice award though. Like I said, other than Troy most people that have rode both prefer the G23. I did run into a guy at a local competition that claimed the SA550 was better than both, you can imagine who he is sponsored by...
Old    9Drozd            09-10-2012, 4:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieK27 View Post
Yea, Troy is just doing his thing; which I'll admit is humorous most of the time.

This thread does provide a place to question how the Xstar won Wakeworld's rider's choice award though. Like I said, other than Troy most people that have rode both prefer the G23. I did run into a guy at a local competition that claimed the SA550 was better than both, you can imagine who he is sponsored by...
I do agree that in general his posts are humorous, but in most cases it turns a good thread sour. I didn't say this wasn't a place to argue the results which is why I said some of his ridiculous claims. If your going to argue, at least argue with some sort of factual background and not some asinine opinionated claims.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-10-2012, 4:26 PM Reply   
the neutral word from a "nameless" pro who is not sponsored by a boat company but owns a gen 2 x star (his gold standard for wake and is his favorite) is this:
The g23 is king wake, its big and has a similar shape to the gen 2 x star, but bigger.
The new star is extremely sensitive and lacks the super long trough of the older star, larger than the old star but also much more lippy (was a bit negative)
Supra SA is similar to the old star a little more lip, very large, he didnt have much to say but said it was " a very nice wake"

AGAIN this is all about personal preference, he is relatively unbiased.
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       09-10-2012, 5:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Asinine claims? Please offer some evidence otherwise!

Or are you going to stand by the sidelines with your sour-raisin face, sipping on a 32-ounce Big Gulp full of Haterade?

I offered one subjective comment, and that was its looks. Many have agreed with me that this boat is a big hulking beast and not the svelte water vixen we want to be hydro-trundling in, your enmity is noted! Everything else is fact and 30 seconds on planetnautique will tell you this.

My suggestion for you is to respond like a man, otherwise no way, no how me and MHunter gonna apologize for party rocking!

Fact is: Star wakeworlds boat 'o' year.
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       09-10-2012, 5:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
I do agree that in general his posts are humorous, but in most cases it turns a good thread sour. I didn't say this wasn't a place to argue the results which is why I said some of his ridiculous claims. If your going to argue, at least argue with some sort of factual background and not some asinine opinionated claims.
As the thread-starter in this rockstar thread I reserve the right to take it in any direction I see fit.

I'd like to take the G's wake, put it under an XStar, add an Enzo surf wake to it, all for the price of a MB. Then I'd high-five Sir Thomas More! Congratulations if you don't need to google his name to know what I'm talking about!
Old    9Drozd            09-10-2012, 6:15 PM Reply   
Oh did I strike a nerve. My apologies.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-10-2012, 6:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
As the thread-starter in this rockstar thread I reserve the right to take it in any direction I see fit.
Ha! As a terrible troll you well know that starting a thread does not give you any rights as to it's direction. Besides if you let a bs award direct your boat purchasing decision then you deserve what ever lemon the cool aid dispensors put in your path.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-10-2012, 8:20 PM Reply   
Hey [Troll] I mean Troy whats a high roller like you doing with a 09 210 . I would expect so much more from a guy that owns [lol] 2 ferraris. I think your own words say it all '' The G's are god-awful ugly and besides a stellar wake don't really do anything else new or different. ''. The ugly part is subjective but you are spot on about the stellar wake. The star on the other hand doesn't have a stellar wake and I cant think of anything new or different unless you count the New Power Tower its been new 4 times now.
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       09-10-2012, 8:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhunter View Post
Hey [Troll] I mean Troy whats a high roller like you doing with a 09 210 . I would expect so much more from a guy that owns [lol] 2 ferraris. I think your own words say it all '' The G's are god-awful ugly and besides a stellar wake don't really do anything else new or different. ''. The ugly part is subjective but you are spot on about the stellar wake. The star on the other hand doesn't have a stellar wake and I cant think of anything new or different unless you count the New Power Tower its been new 4 times now.
I feel bad for you Michael, you probably took this news the worst....
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-10-2012, 8:52 PM Reply   
What news is that?
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-10-2012, 9:12 PM Reply   
This Troy dude is getting old
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-10-2012, 11:31 PM Reply   
^^^ ya after awhile it's not funny...... Just lame.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-11-2012, 6:18 AM Reply   
Ha. This is going to be awesome....."the riders have spoken". My arse. The riders who ha never ridden it of been behind it because the boat hasn't hit the public yet till last week or two. This just shows how frikin rediculous and full of *><% these awards are. Is there any question why the boat that pays to pull the pro tour wouldn't win the award? I mean seriously they didn't even have an entire year of production the boat was so fubar'd.

And as stated Nautique has one two other awards mc didn't win. Next you gonna tell me bu won the JD Power award. If you don't think these companies buy their awards you're an idiot.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-11-2012, 6:26 AM Reply   
$5 says Hunter has never ridden behind the G and Troy never behind the Star. Wouldn't be surprised if they were roomates.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-11-2012, 6:51 AM Reply   
Jesus, who cares anyway? I'll never own either of these boats. I have a friend who just got a G23 out in Scottsdale, and another who is getting one in Cincy, but I'll likely not ride behind theirs ever. My friend Ryan has a demo XStar that a bunch of people in Knox have ridden behind and seem to like, but I'll probably not get a chance to take a set behind it anytime soon.

To me, the G23 and the XStar are like talking about a porsche 911 turbo and a Lambo. Yes, they are retarded nice, but they are so freaking expensive that only a very few select people will ever have them. I understand the MC vs. CC mentality - just like ford vs. chevy, but c'mon, the only impact that either the XStar or G23 will really ever have on the wb industry is to raise the already retarded high ceiling of potential price for a wakeboat (now, what? like 150k?) and possibly help the .01% of pro riders up there land double and triple flips and like whirly 12's. I'm sorry, but that doesn't really matter all that much to me.

Just seems to be much ado about nothing. Oh, and I agree that all of these awards are bull*****. They are just bought and sold commodities that these companies use purely for marketing.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       09-11-2012, 8:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
To me, the G23 and the XStar are like talking about a porsche 911 turbo and a Lambo. Yes, they are retarded nice, but they are so freaking expensive that only a very few select people will ever have them. .

Once again, Chatt brings it back to reality...I will add, however, that this is precisely why they get bashed (they are expensive, so I can't own one, so I will make fun of it). I used to own porsches and you should see the haters hatin those things!!!LOL.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-11-2012, 8:12 AM Reply   
It tells you something about who is voting. Avid riders that are close to the industry likely did not vote for the Xstar. It's no different than Parks getting rider of the year for several years while he was not riding, and Byerly being voted as best wakeskater repeatedly. If you're not closely attached to the industry, you vote for the name that you recognize. I will always regard the names mentioned above as the pioneers, and the best this sport will ever see, but this is the best of 2012!
Old     (canucked)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-11-2012, 9:55 AM Reply   
Boat of the year for me was my 2001 Air Nautique DD, or my neighours 2006 X10...neither were options when voting
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       09-11-2012, 10:49 AM Reply   
Boat of the year for me is my buddies 88 2001 Nautique with 1800hrs on it, and an ugly monster tower and half the time we only have 3 85# bricks and a 50/50 ratio of bun to men on the boat for ballast.
Old     (bjames)      Join Date: May 2012       09-11-2012, 2:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
I understand the MC vs. CC mentality - just like ford vs. chevy, but c'mon, the only impact that either the XStar or G23 will really ever have on the wb industry is to raise the already retarded high ceiling of potential price for a wakeboat (now, what? like 150k?) .
Ther is one at my local dealer with a list of $170K
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-11-2012, 2:15 PM Reply   
$170k, wow. Just wow.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-11-2012, 2:17 PM Reply   
Thats f&*(ing stupid.
Old     (bjames)      Join Date: May 2012       09-11-2012, 2:23 PM Reply   
Even i was shocked
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       09-11-2012, 2:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjames View Post
Ther is one at my local dealer with a list of $170K
CC or MC?
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-11-2012, 2:57 PM Reply   
List of 170K MSRP....
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-11-2012, 4:09 PM Reply   
That's nothing for a guy that owns 2 Ferrari's.
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       09-11-2012, 4:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
That's nothing for a guy that owns 2 Ferrari's.
To be clear I bought one of them used if that helps you ruminate on my crapulence easier.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-11-2012, 5:32 PM Reply   
Trust me I dont ruminate on any of your Crap--ulence.
Old     (consigliereg8r)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-11-2012, 6:09 PM Reply   
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       09-11-2012, 7:02 PM Reply   
Old     (OldDad)      Join Date: Feb 2011       09-12-2012, 5:38 AM Reply   
$170K just screams "Thank you Daddy!" I get that MRSP is just silly, but that boat still has to go out the door for $120-130? For a wake boarding boat?? Good grief. I like my SANTE more by the minute and it was ridiculously expensive.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            09-12-2012, 7:04 AM Reply   
They even come with zero floorspace. Awesome...wonder how much ballast Harley rides in that thing.

Old     (Bill_Dad)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-12-2012, 12:14 PM Reply   
who is that good looking man in the pic, haha yep we where just playing around with some weight, and that was the only additional bag in the boat besides the pro series and the wake was huge and clean, i have been watching this thread wondering when it would turn into s **** fight. There is one thing I will say, the xstar is a great boat to drive, the wake is huge. The no floor space will be fixed as we are getting bags made that fit under the seats, this will give us the floor space that you mentioned about..
Ok lets see where this goes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-12-2012, 1:31 PM Reply   
I will say one thing, G23 or Xstar; if I just bought a 23'-24' wakeboard boat for over 100k and had to add ballast bags, I would be bummed...

Last edited by MattieK27; 09-12-2012 at 1:34 PM.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            09-12-2012, 1:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Dad View Post
who is that good looking man in the pic, haha yep we where just playing around with some weight, and that was the only additional bag in the boat besides the pro series and the wake was huge and clean, i have been watching this thread wondering when it would turn into s **** fight. There is one thing I will say, the xstar is a great boat to drive, the wake is huge. The no floor space will be fixed as we are getting bags made that fit under the seats, this will give us the floor space that you mentioned about..
Ok lets see where this goes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Yeah i figured hes still dialing it in. I know his focus is on wakeboarding but where are all his little lady friends to at least take up some of the seats
Old     (bjames)      Join Date: May 2012       09-12-2012, 1:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
I will say one thing, G23 or Xstar; if I just bought a 23'-24' wakeboard boat for over 100k and had to add ballast bags, I would be bummed...
Then you would have to choose to have storage or no storage. Additional bags is subjective to each ones preference.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-12-2012, 1:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yep Matt... you nailed it. I paid less than half of that and never have to touch a ballast pump or sack. Granted I like big wakes and I am sure that either the G or X with stock ballast would be bigger than what I have or need, but it is still mind boggling to see sacks all over the floor of ANY $50K+ WAKEboard boat.

Bill- is that the stock mirror on there?

Last edited by johnny_defacto; 09-12-2012 at 1:49 PM. Reason: spelling
Old     (Bill_Dad)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-12-2012, 3:50 PM Reply   
hey dont take this the wrong way, as it is not meant to offend anyone and i apologies in advance if it does. The wake is big enough with just the stock ballast for probably 80% and then add the pro series and the wake is big enough for the other 15% who would ride behind it. The last 5% will add additional weight to it to use the boat to its full potential. At this point we use the boat for one purpose and that is to have the biggest wake possible, and the new xstar achieves that for Harley. It is a real shame that some of you guys wont get to ride behind it, to see how good the wake is for yourselves. I hope at some stage you do and then that would be the appropriate time to make comment on all that you experience whilst you are behind the boat and in the boat. It is really easy to make comment from behind a computer screen. I respect that everybody is entitled to their opinion, and have no problem with that. Again if i have offended anyone I apologies.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-12-2012, 4:21 PM Reply   
bill, i think you explained it perfectly
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       09-12-2012, 5:25 PM Reply   
Harley's dad just made all you haters that haven't actually ridden the boat look like the fools you are. Just like MC Team riders....it's another win for the Stars and Stripes!
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-12-2012, 5:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Harley's dad just made all you haters that haven't actually ridden the boat look like the fools you are. Just like MC Team riders....it's another win for the Stars and Stripes!
Dont take this the wrong way Bill Dad, But Troy i wouldnt hold your hat to what's coming from the guy who gets an XStar for free and said boat company pays his sins bills as cold hard truth.

However he did put it elegantly. I can also tell you the old stars factory ballast was not enough for your intermediate riders. You needed a PWT kit minimum. Can't imagine that's changed. Hopefully you can use perfect pass and you ballast actually works on your 13 Star. Cuz it hasn't worked properly on any 12 production model to date
Old     (jrw160)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-12-2012, 5:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_defacto View Post
Bill- is that the stock mirror on there?
That is the aluminum backed ptm edge
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       09-12-2012, 6:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Dont take this the wrong way Bill Dad, But Troy i wouldnt hold your hat to what's coming from the guy who gets an XStar for free and said boat company pays his sins bills as cold hard truth.

However he did put it elegantly. I can also tell you the old stars factory ballast was not enough for your intermediate riders. You needed a PWT kit minimum. Can't imagine that's changed. Hopefully you can use perfect pass and you ballast actually works on your 13 Star. Cuz it hasn't worked properly on any 12 production model to date
If it doesn't work right I'll buy a G and eat a heaping helping of humble pie!
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-12-2012, 7:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Troy D calling out the haters = Pot calling out the kettle. I think a couple real time full run videos showing the wake not just highlights would go a long way to build positive feedback. At 170k that will be as close as most will ever get to that boat.
Old     (Bill_Dad)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-12-2012, 8:16 PM Reply   
you guys need to know one thing and that is I am not sponsored by MC so I can say and do what ever I want to. If I dont like the boat and think there are things that I percieve to be wrong I will tell you.
MC dont pay my bills, so I am entitled to say whatever I want to about the boat.
Old     (Bill_Dad)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-12-2012, 8:18 PM Reply   
i posted here to give you my personal opinion on the boat, not as Harleys dad but as a person who has spent some time in the boat.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-12-2012, 8:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrw160 View Post
That is the aluminum backed ptm edge
Thanks Justin, that's what it looked like to me, did not know if that was standard on the new star or not. I love that mirror, just not the price. I will have to stick with my $30 mirror for now.
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       09-12-2012, 9:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Troy D calling out the haters = Pot calling out the kettle. I think a couple real time full run videos showing the wake not just highlights would go a long way to build positive feedback. At 170k that will be as close as most will ever get to that boat.
That 170K is a fallacy, my loaded boat with 550 is substantially less than that.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-13-2012, 4:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
If it doesn't work right I'll buy a G and eat a heaping helping of humble pie!
Sounds like you also have some doubt about this boat . It might be a good idea to slow down and see how they shake out . Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to talk you out of the star. If you do and it is what it seems humble pie wont be the only thing you will be eating.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-13-2012, 4:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
That 170K is a fallacy, my loaded boat with 550 is substantially less than that.
How much does a loaded star cost?
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       09-13-2012, 6:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Sounds like you also have some doubt about this boat . It might be a good idea to slow down and see how they shake out . Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to talk you out of the star. If you do and it is what it seems humble pie wont be the only thing you will be eating.
I eat excellence for breakfast every morning...
Old     (Bill_Dad)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-13-2012, 2:14 PM Reply   
harleys boat in Australia is worth about 170k with absolutely everything on it, every option was ticked on his boat, so i doubt very much that the same boat in the US will cost that much.
traditionally the boats in australia are about 10 -15 % more expensive than that of the US. I would be very surprised if you couldnt get the new xstar for around 145k
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-13-2012, 2:16 PM Reply   
Speaking of excellence here's another award received by Nautique . I know its not the coveted WW Riders Choice but I guess it will have to do.

NAUTIQUE RECEIVES THE NMMA’S CSI AWARD AGAIN!
by
NautiqueJeff
View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message View Blog Entries Visit Homepage View Articles Add as Contact Published on 09-13-2012 01:38 PM

Official Correct Craft Press Release ---->
ORLANDO, FLA (September 13, 2012) — Nautique earns the National Marine Manufacturers Association’s (NMMA) prestigious CSI award for the seventh consecutive year. This award recognizes Nautique’s excellence in customer satisfaction in the Inboard Watersports Boat category, as part of the 2012 Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) program.

The Marine Industry CSI Awards program honors participating manufacturers that actively measure customer satisfaction and pursue continuous improvement to better serve the customer. Nautique achieved and maintained an independently-measured standard of excellence of 90 percent or higher in customer satisfaction over the past year, based on information provided by customers purchasing a new boat during the period between April 1, 2011 and March 31, 2012.

“Recipients of the CSI Awards are leading the recreational boating industry forward by ensuring feedback from their customers is an integral part of their planning and manufacturing functions,” notes Terry Leitz, NMMA’s director of CSI programs
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-13-2012, 2:17 PM Reply   
whose brands dong is bigger, troys or mhunter?

stay tuned to find out.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-13-2012, 2:47 PM Reply   
Supra,Moomba and Tige also won. Its not surprising to me. All the winners have made huge steps forward in design as well as great service after the sale.
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       09-14-2012, 8:50 AM Reply   
MHunter, fact is that it is easy to keep customers happy when you only have 3.
Let's face it, there are about 8 G's in existence, all with temporary parts on them still, a plexi-reinforced engine compartment to stop exploding transmission shrapnel, no power tower option (peeps would have to lower their towers manually like some kind of god damned animal), and the looks of a Maine lobster trawler.

Game changer, ya, well make a 8000 lbs boat with 6 feet of freeboard and call it a wake boat. The only game they've changed is achieving a new low by shipping 130K boats to customers with a temp plastic steering wheel...But wait,
I can store my rope on the tower.

Star sells more at a higher price point, has more athletes on the podium, and has more new tricks landed behind it, not to mention doesn't look like the USS JFK.

Since 1999 the XStar has been THE wakeboat, the 2012 Rider's Choice Boat of the Year! And Nautique, still 2nd place, Naaaaauuuuutiqqquuuee Antiques.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       09-14-2012, 9:28 AM Reply   
Besides the kgb7 and crow 9?, what new tricks have been landed behind only the new star?
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-14-2012, 9:55 AM Reply   
Thanx
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-14-2012, 9:56 AM Reply   
Thanx but no thanx. For that kind of money I can buy 2-3 MB's so that each of my family members have one for themselves.
Old     (scotthons)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-14-2012, 12:36 PM Reply   
I like the fact the pros are putting as much weight as possible trying to make the biggest wake they can. Why wouldn't we want to see these guys going bigger and bigger? Of course for someone like me it would be pointless to do that, but I don't see them having to cram families, dogs, kids and whatever else on their boats.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-14-2012, 1:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
families, dogs, kids
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-14-2012, 1:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
MHunter, fact is that it is easy to keep customers happy when you only have 3.
Let's face it, there are about 8 G's in existence, all with temporary parts on them still, a plexi-reinforced engine compartment to stop exploding transmission shrapnel, no power tower option (peeps would have to lower their towers manually like some kind of god damned animal), and the looks of a Maine lobster trawler.

Game changer, ya, well make a 8000 lbs boat with 6 feet of freeboard and call it a wake boat. The only game they've changed is achieving a new low by shipping 130K boats to customers with a temp plastic steering wheel...But wait,
I can store my rope on the tower.

Star sells more at a higher price point, has more athletes on the podium, and has more new tricks landed behind it, not to mention doesn't look like the USS JFK.

Since 1999 the XStar has been THE wakeboat, the 2012 Rider's Choice Boat of the Year! And Nautique, still 2nd place, Naaaaauuuuutiqqquuuee Antiques.

Holy crap man. You drink the koolaide and add 3 times the caffeine as a 2x Rockstar. Did we forget the huge Fubar by mc already of having to recall their flagship and start over after a premature release video that claims to be the best wake of all time by its pros. Tell me where that boat and video is now! It vanished...... I was in the white one so I k ow its real. A real pos that is. All 2012 is left with the 25 which should have been their flagship. Too bad no 2012 can fill the ballast, run perfect pass, and run your tab at the same time . I you had a 2012 mc you would know and keep you mouth shut about who's te best. MC pays to be the pro tour boat. Look back on all the X stars. Wakeboarding was discontinued from the X games and for 4 more years mc had the back of their boats stamped with the official rowboat of the x games when they didn't even exist.

Get off you MC craziness already. They are the biggest joke of the 2012 season and I am an mc owner who's already been behind a g23 and in the failed 1st 2012 x star. You ra ra bs is getting old and tiresome.
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-14-2012, 1:29 PM Reply   
^^^^^^ Thank you

Troy needs to get the ef off these forums and go back to hanging out with Lon and Dan Dulong
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            09-14-2012, 1:31 PM Reply   
^^^remember...Troy eats excellence for breakfast. And since the G23 pisses excellence according to many people who have been behind it, guess that makes Troy look silly.

Someone needs to buy Troy out of his 210 asap. He's a disgrace to your CC brand.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-14-2012, 1:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Holy crap man. You drink the koolaide and add 3 times the caffeine as a 2x Rockstar. Did we forget the huge Fubar by mc already of having to recall their flagship and start over after a premature release video that claims to be the best wake of all time by its pros. Tell me where that boat and video is now! It vanished...... I was in the white one so I k ow its real. A real pos that is. All 2012 is left with the 25 which should have been their flagship. Too bad no 2012 can fill the ballast, run perfect pass, and run your tab at the same time . I you had a 2012 mc you would know and keep you mouth shut about who's te best. MC pays to be the pro tour boat. Look back on all the X stars. Wakeboarding was discontinued from the X games and for 4 more years mc had the back of their boats stamped with the official rowboat of the x games when they didn't even exist.

Get off you MC craziness already. They are the biggest joke of the 2012 season and I am an mc owner who's already been behind a g23 and in the failed 1st 2012 x star. You ra ra bs is getting old and tiresome.
Troy's response will be

"Oh dude I trolled you so bad. Look at how I sucked you in. I cant believe you fell for it - look at how witty I am. I don't even like Mastercraft, I own a Natique - I just do this to bait MHunter in. Look at how funny I am and how mad you are! I'm actually a really nice guy and I love all boats, just ask me"

This **** is so old. There haven't been a G23 or X Star thread in the past 3 months that hasn't turned into this big "fake troll" between Troy and Hunter.. Its really disappointing that Dave has let it go on as long as he has. It's not even real. They are both just trying to hard to be trolls and they both suck horribly at it. The first one was funny - the last 37 threads they have ruined have likely driven people off the forum. Gotta love the internet these days.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            09-14-2012, 1:55 PM Reply   
Who wants to go surfing???

Needed to make this thread better