Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-12-2015, 8:57 AM Reply   
So years ago, I had a buddy that wanted a board. So I contacted Nick and he said he had a used prototype laying around he would sell. Well long story short is, when he got the board I was reluctant to ride it, since I had a new one. All my buddies were raving about it, and I didn't want to believe them. The shape is so different then mine, and I had grown so used to riding mine.

So I finally tried it, the day was glass, probably 4 years ago. First run I pearled the board instantly, (my board is more for pumping and doesn't pearl easily) this always upsets me and I was slightly glad I was right! Second run I lightened my front foot up and wow, the board came to life, it was scary fast. My airs were amazing, the recovery was amazing and now I am upset that I didn't buy this "prototype". I then tried to offer my buddy cash to buy it, but he declined the offer.

I then spent the next 3 years trying to have Nick make me another one. The problem is the owner (good friend) didn't want to risk sending the board back in and having it damaged. The copies were never as good, they were close but never the same. In these 3 years everyone that rides it says the same thing, fastest board and best board they have ever ridden. Some of these guys have a very deep quiver, with all sorts of brands and models. The rocker is different, rails are different, nose is weirdly wide and longer, but somehow the board just works, and works amazing. I would almost always ride it exclusively if it was on my boat.

Well a buddy finally talked him into shipping it back; I have 6 friends ordering a copy. I couldn't be more excited for summer 2015!

Here is the blank outline. You can see it has strange stringers. I will post build pictures as I get them.

Stoked!!

Somewhere there are pictures of Chase killing it on this board.
Attached Images