Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (07launch22ssv)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-24-2010, 4:48 PM Reply   
I thought I remembered people doing this for other members in the past. Thought I would check to see if anyone had an unlimited account before I pay for one.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-24-2010, 5:01 PM Reply   
Send me the VIN jeremydwagner@gmail.com
Old     (07launch22ssv)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-24-2010, 6:12 PM Reply   
Email sent, thanks.
Old     (07launch22ssv)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-24-2010, 7:28 PM Reply   
Again thanks Hate.....I know about the miles but the dollars are right so I'm not worried...
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-24-2010, 9:24 PM Reply   
Car Fax is worthless! Save the money and go buy your local body shop and then mechanic and get a real inspection if your serious about buying car. I usually perform this service for free. 5 minutes and anyone in the auto body repair shop hould give you an idea about what the car is about. Mechanic might take a few more minutes.
Old     (07launch22ssv)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-25-2010, 3:37 AM Reply   
I know what to look for as far as previous damage and mechanical issues, both are things I went to school for. VIN checks are good for title, mileage, owner, information which is what I wanted to know.
Old     (gregg_rossi)      Join Date: Feb 2009       05-25-2010, 8:11 AM Reply   
Carfax is very important, if it has a dirty carfax you will never be able to sell it. People ALWAYS look at that before they buy a used car and you will have to sell them pretty hard to overcome a dirty report.

Last edited by gregg_rossi; 05-25-2010 at 8:12 AM. Reason: spelling
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-25-2010, 9:14 AM Reply   
That is a good point. Thats also the problem. People live and die by Carfax. I've built and sold three cars thats were almost totals that still have a clean Carfax. The Nissan im driving now I bought from a customer who I meet when we did a $8000 repair to it when it was a year old. Then his son proceded to do about $12,000 dollars of damage to it by putting it on its side. I bought it from him and fixed it here at the shop and somehow after $20,000 dollars of repair it still has a clean Carfax. I just think its a bad idea for people to live off a service thats so flawed.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-25-2010, 10:23 AM Reply   
I agree with both sides. Its important to check the Carfax as well as have it looked at or buy from a reputable dealer that you trust. I've seen Carfax's work both ways where they have something on there that is so minimal (i.e backed into in ones driveway) and have that scare a customer away. To obvious accidents that didn't make there way onto the report. We use them when ever we take in a trade, best one I've seen is "collision with train" oddly enough the customer omitted that when he was telling me how clean the truck was. I've also seen "collision with pedestrian" the customer wasn't scared off by that one

Coop, you 're a rare bird. Most guys charge a minimum of $75 to have an inspection done.