Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (07launch22ssv)      Join Date: Feb 2007       10-29-2009, 9:32 AM Reply   
Somewhat of a better explaination of the system for those that don't know....http://wakeboardingmag.com/videos/2009/10/29/video-josh-sanders-explores-supras-new-vision-dash/
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-29-2009, 11:07 AM Reply   
Very Impressive! It's nice to have something that guarantees that your wake is dialed in everytime. Especially when you have multiple drivers that may not know your boat and it's characteristics for what dials the wake in. The integration of the sound system and video is really cool. It makes it easy for a driver to take care of the music for the rider, and again, especially when it's a new driver or someone who isn't real familiar with your music system. Some would say that more electronics on a boat isn't the best of ideas, (And I know I can't talk due to I have put a sizeable amount of extra electronics on mine) but I think it's great that they are pushing for more integration and simplification of systems. Look at the yachts and other high end boats on the water, they have a huge amount of electronics on them. The technology is there to integrate more technology into our boats without the problems that skeptics say will happen. And yes, I agree that these upgrades and toys are NOT needed to enjoy yourself on the water. Personally, I love boats with outboard motors. I grew up with that and it's what I associate with a great day on the water. A simple boat without all the gadgets of everyday life. We get out on the water to get away from all that. As said in another post, manufacturers need to make boats that are less expensive without all the bells and whistles. And I agree with that. But having them invest in new technology like this is GREAT! This system isn't a little piece of plastic or aluminum add on that they want to charge an arm and a leg for, it's a well thought out, well integrated computer system that changes the way you operate and interface with your boat and it's systems. I know most of the big manufacturers are doing this, but since we're talking about Supra right now I have to say Way to go Skiers Choice! I'm impressed!

PP has always been referred to as a 'relationship' saver. This sytem takes it even further helping to guarantee a perfect experience behind the boat no matter who is pulling you!

(Message edited by Kraig on October 29, 2009)
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       10-29-2009, 12:13 PM Reply   
That is a very nice system.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-29-2009, 12:28 PM Reply   
You got it Kraig...and that's why it's been in development for over 3 years. They wanted to make sure it was much more than an add on and more of a backbone for the rider and driver experience.
Old     (liljohn)      Join Date: May 2007       10-29-2009, 5:04 PM Reply   
Are you f--n kiddin me.. three words "Malibu knock off"

3 years in development? ya 3 years of Malibus development lol Kiaser medallion (sp) makes these units for all the boat companys. Malibu spear headed it which is why they had it the first year.
Old     (07launch22ssv)      Join Date: Feb 2007       10-29-2009, 5:08 PM Reply   
this system isnt made by kiaser........its made by murphy or something else.....
Old     (mattjj23)      Join Date: May 2008       10-29-2009, 5:46 PM Reply   
I like this system way better than the malibu system. It has many more options.
Old     (07launch22ssv)      Join Date: Feb 2007       10-29-2009, 6:00 PM Reply   
http://www.fwmurphy.com/ ............right on their homepage
Old     (liljohn)      Join Date: May 2007       10-29-2009, 6:23 PM Reply   
LMAO so murphy bought the hardware from Kiser and added there own software.

matt what options over malibu other than the mapping?

has no one noticed the fact that all of the boat companys have them now they all have thes same button lay out and same size screens? It dosent take rocket science to put 2 and 2 together.
Old     (blondesrule)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-29-2009, 6:40 PM Reply   
liljohn, what I don't understand is why you are so persistent in Supra or anyone else stealing this or copying this from Malibu. Were you the one to patented the software that got stolen from Kiser? Same with who made the first tower, who added ballast first, who added PP first? It's all the same. Buy the boat that fits you the best, add the options you would like to have on it, whether it was Malibu, Nautique, Supra, Tige, Mastercraft or who ever had it on their boat first, go ride, and enjoy the water.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-29-2009, 7:51 PM Reply   
"Are you f--n kiddin me.. three words "Malibu knock off" "

I'm not going to just come out with any details, but Malibu MAY not of been the first company to develop this technology.... That is a VERY big may if you catch my drift.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-29-2009, 7:55 PM Reply   
Apparently "who cares" has his hands on the proverbial pulse of the marine industry, sat in every meeting, and is the final authority on the matter. Jesus, atleast hide the fact that you own a Malibu before you begin the blatant trolling.

Every industry borrows ideas from every industry, manufacturers are talking about ideas now that others are talking about as well. Just because YOU (who doesn't apparently care anyway, per your name) see when things go into a market doesn't mean that release is synonymous with the idea coming to fruition.

And yes, I have a Supra, and no, I do not claim to know who came out with the idea first.
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-29-2009, 8:23 PM Reply   
ya know. ever time I ride on a boat and someone asks me how fast, I respond "when the wake forms, then a bump more". speed is relative to weight, weight is relative to gas/passengers, etc. plus the factory ballast would be augmented/replaced.

i.e. YAWN....

give me a nice gauge over this bs any day.
Old     (liljohn)      Join Date: May 2007       10-29-2009, 8:34 PM Reply   
Caleb- malibu was by far not the first to come out with the technology. The tech. has been in the marine industry for well over 20 years. frieghters have been using ballast and systems like this for a very long time. yachts have been using it for the past dozen or so years.

cody- I dont have the pulse on the industry I am just tiered of all the hype on this system all the big boys have it and it is the same with all of them. except malibu who honestly is behind the curve by not adding the gps mapping.

blondsrule- I could care less how many manufacturers use this product. the more the who use it the more affordable it is. Personly I think its great and will make our (malibu nautique mastercraft and supra) boats easier to use. What I do care about is how every manufacturer has to make some coment about how they are first or they have the best when it is all the same.

Maybe I came off a little harsh in my first post ( my apologies for that)but lets be serious. This same conversation has been had 4 other times. Nautique came out with it early this year and introduced the gps mapping ok they trumped malibu with that one. Then mastercraft spits it out and the conversation is had a third time. Now supra has it and the conversation comes again. All claiming something new. Show me the difference between those three and I will gladly give props where it is due. I already give props to natique for trumping malibu with the gps mapping although I dont know that every one will find it useful. yes it is a great that we can control our boats from one screen.

On a lighter note I will take bets that one of the manuf. listed above will make the next semi-big upgrade. I would also be willing to bet that most of you will agree. 2011 should show us this same type of system in a touch screen version. and adding bluetooth tech. now there is a discusion
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-29-2009, 9:09 PM Reply   
who cares- I know it's been around for a while in Yachts and frieghters. I'm talking about it's incorperation into Wakeboard boats MAY not of been Malibu's idea. That is a little more certain of a may than most as well.

Glad you cleared up the rest of that though.
Old     (liljohn)      Join Date: May 2007       10-29-2009, 9:21 PM Reply   
I think winter is setting in every post I read seems to have a little flame involved.. hmm maybe we should all head to florida for the weekend.. and for those of you in florida keep you mouths shut I get a nice reminder from family just how nice it is there right now.
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       10-30-2009, 7:47 AM Reply   
Looks good. I like it. That said, I wish it were an option and not standard. very cool though. The wake plate setting is integrated with the Perfect Pass stored settings in Pre-2010 Supra models but I really like that the ballast setting is now part of the stored settings too.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-30-2009, 8:02 AM Reply   
I thought 2010 Tige's have touch screen already.
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-30-2009, 9:57 AM Reply   
Wow 'who cares', who pee'd in YOUR pool??? Before you posted the first time no one posted anything negative about Malibu or said that Supra was the first to have it. You came out throwing punches, assuming and accusing. Didn't you read my post, I said that I know most of the big manufacturers are doing this type of system but since we're talking about Supra right now I gave them a big props.

(I know you already apologized for your comments, but..)
Take a deep breathe, sit back, have a beer and enjoy the fact that our industry (wakeboard boats) are pushing forward with introducing new technology into our boats. And even though a certain technology exists and is used by everyone doesn't mean it's easy to integrate it into their own designs and boats. It takes redesigning the wiring in the boat, redesigning dash's and coordination with other companies and thier products to make it all work together. This is one of the reasons I gave Supra props.

I'm pretty sure that Malibu wasn't the first to have a V-Drive. So would that mean that Malibu is producing 'knock off' boats of the manufacturer who first dropped a v-drive unit in their boats? And as stated earlier, Malibu wasn't the first to have a tower either. Again, would this mean that Malibu is producing 'knock off' boats of the manufacturer who first bolted on a tower on thier boats? No, Malibu makes a GREAT boat that is of their own design by making it different than others. Be happy that Malibu has competition, because if they didn't we wouldn't see all the great R&D out of the manufacturers. Again, Malibu makes a great product AS DOES Supra. No flaming needed.

(Message edited by Kraig on October 30, 2009)

(Message edited by Kraig on October 30, 2009)
Old     (towboat_222)      Join Date: Feb 2007       11-05-2009, 2:12 PM Reply   
Mercruiser had the system 6 years ago.
Old     (xsmini)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-06-2009, 7:04 AM Reply   
Touchscreen is a bad idea IMHO. Glass, fingerprints, and sunlight don't mix
Old     (towboat_222)      Join Date: Feb 2007       11-06-2009, 8:21 AM Reply   
sunscreen and finger prints on touchscreen good luck
Old     (rcorrell)      Join Date: Feb 2009       11-06-2009, 11:51 AM Reply   
The Tige touch screen has been thoroughly tested under every condition including sunscreen and running through several dishwasher cycles. The screen also has the best anti glare coating available and is easy to see in any light condition. It has been frozen and thawed and re frozen with no failures