Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-13-2013, 5:08 PM Reply   
Sad day, but I am unbelievably proud of these Hawks. Zero disappointment. Not sure how many fans in this league can really say that about their teams right now. This is just the beginning for these young guys. This wasn't even supposed to be the season... but they were so good it really started to feel like the season. I can't wait to see what the future holds.

The 49ers better put in some serious work and get it done this year... because we're gonna be a force in this division. And if we do get home field... *goosebumps.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-14-2013, 7:22 AM Reply   
Well after watching the games I have to say I am most impressed with the niners total game management. Than I would say Baltimore. The problem now is baltimore has to be tired. The multiple road trips has got to wear on you, kind of like it did with the hawks. I think the niners get it done next week from what I saw and Baltimore at least covers what will likely be a 8-12 point spread. I need the rest of the week to chew on it, but good weekend of football for sure. Pretty crazy scoring for playoffs by the way - Balt/Den - 73 pts, GB/SF - 76 pts, Sea/Atl - 58 pts, Hou/NE - 69 Pts - every game went way over the projected scrores.

Right now the line stands at -3.5 SF in Atl and NE -9.5 at home. Crazy lines so far for such competitive teams.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-14-2013, 8:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalow View Post
Well after watching the games I have to say I am most impressed with the niners total game management. Than I would say Baltimore. The problem now is baltimore has to be tired. The multiple road trips has got to wear on you, kind of like it did with the hawks. I think the niners get it done next week from what I saw and Baltimore at least covers what will likely be a 8-12 point spread. I need the rest of the week to chew on it, but good weekend of football for sure. Pretty crazy scoring for playoffs by the way - Balt/Den - 73 pts, GB/SF - 76 pts, Sea/Atl - 58 pts, Hou/NE - 69 Pts - every game went way over the projected scrores.

Right now the line stands at -3.5 SF in Atl and NE -9.5 at home. Crazy lines so far for such competitive teams.
I went 2-1 and 1 this week against sthe spread. But I was mostly shocked as you pointed out that if you bet the over you were sitting pretty. Lots of scoring and impressive performances by Flacco and Kap. We may get a Harbowl after all.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-14-2013, 11:11 AM Reply   
I wonder what adjustments Atalanta will make for dealing with CK. It seems that left right containment is needed which should inturn help the passing game. We shall see.

I am really digging the delayed runs that the 49ers are using both with KAP and GORE. Both are great runners when the defense gets spread out.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-14-2013, 4:45 PM Reply   
Some thoughts from this weekend. I thought all the games were pretty entertaining except maybe the Pats game.

I thought the Niners looked pretty good but the run defense still looks like it may struggle. What can you say about Kap after the butterflies went away he looked in complete contol. He is one fast man. I am feeling pretty confident about next week.

Peyton Manning for how great he is just is not that clutch. He is now 9-11 in the play offs. He is amazing but doesn't seem to have that killer instinct to get it done.

Seattle should have won the game. They spotted Atlanta 20 points by bad clock management and some questionable play calling. They didn't wake up until half time. I have proclaimed my dislike for the Seahawks. But I will say this Russel Wilson is the real deal. I wasn't for sure if he was for real but he is a good player and the interview I saw after the game is a good dude. I still can't stand Carrol and Sherman but you cannot deny Seattle's effort to comeback.

I do have one question for you Seattle guys why were there no read options with Russel? That seemed very successful in their earlier games and Atlanta's Defense has been horrible against the running quarterbacks. That should be a big part of the Niners game plan especially with how Kap looked running this last weekend.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-16-2013, 8:38 AM Reply   
Man this thread sure died. I guess all the Seahawks fans went into hibernation. Looking forward to the Harbowl.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-16-2013, 4:10 PM Reply   
Yeah the Hawk squak has died down. I think we all echo the same sentiments as to how proud we are of our guys and the job they did this year. We wanted them to be good but I think they exceeded our expectations. Certainly Russell Wilson surpassed anything we could have hoped for and the D though OK believed it would be good was better than I thought they'd be. Unfortunately they wound up letting up too much there in the end and went out on a sour note. We are all looking towards the future and the things it will bring just as you would be had Map done what he did and you'd have lost. That was an insanely marvelous performance by the way.

I have no idea who I'm routing for now, maybe the ravens for the fact that I respect Ray. I'm sorry but I cannot root for the Niners as I hate them
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-16-2013, 5:49 PM Reply   
Don't kid yourself Mikey...

Hawk fans don't go away. We seethe...

I'ts been tough listening to all the coulda woulda arm chair coaches around town this week. I'm over it now and already getting excited to see what Pete does this coming year with all that extra money the Hawks have in their pockets.

As for this weekend,

I'm going with you boys based purely off of the fact that they are an NFC West team. I hate it when people talk about our division as being weak so anytime one of us gets in we should stand behind them. They better win or their gonna look pretty foolish missing the big game two years in a row.

In the AFC I'm going full on Brady fan boy this weekend. Can't stand Lewis and don't think they have a chance against the Pats at home.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-17-2013, 3:19 AM Reply   
I'll take the Niners and the Pats to win this weekend.I've been about 50% in the playoffs so one may lose.I think Seattle could have been there with better coaching.But Pete Carroll will have all off season to think about all his mistakes in just the Atlanta game.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-17-2013, 8:06 AM Reply   
Cliff,
I don't think you have to worry about the NFC West for the next few years. I think it will be considered the toughest division in football. The Niners are going to be good for the next few years. Most of theif players are in their prime and signed for the next couple of seasons.
The Seahawks proved they were for real and they are very young. The battles between Kap and Wilson are going to be epic for the next couple years.
The Rams I think are the wild card. They have a young team and a boatload of draft picks coming their way. I am still not sold on Bradford as a top level QB but the rest of that team is built pretty solid.
The Cardinals maybe the only weak link for the next few years. And they still have a solid defense they just need to address their offensive line and of course their QB issues.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-17-2013, 8:13 AM Reply   
This weekend I am taking the the Ravens and the points. I think the number is too big and anytime the Pats and Ravens play a pretty close game. I would love to see the Ravens win the game outright but I am not willing to go that far. I see a 27-24 Pats victory.

I got to go with the niners for course. The only thing that concerns me about this game is it is on the road and it is in a dome. Other then that the niners are too physical for the Falcons. I also think playing the championship game last year will help prepare them for this year. I have 30-24 Niners with it not really being that close. The falcons score a cheap touchdown at the end to make the score look closer then the game was.

Either way if the Niners make it the Super Bowl will have some good story lines. Either Harbowl or a match up of the best regular season game of the year.
Old     (moon)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-17-2013, 10:10 AM Reply   
Gus Bradley, the Seahawks DC accepted the HC position for the Jaguars. Even though the Hawks defense softened a bit at the end of 4 different games I liked the direction they were going. Right now, I'm really wishing Monte Kiffin wouldn't have accepted the DC position for the Cowboys.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-17-2013, 10:19 AM Reply   
Funny thing right now is that 73% of the public is on Balt with 9.5 and the line has actually gone to 10.5 at some point. Unless I see something different between now and than, I have to take balt and maybe buy it to 10 or 10.5. I actually think this game ends up like 3-5 points different, but want to be safe.

61% of the bettors are on the niners right now.

On the niner game I just don't see atl winning at all. Every stat I read and heavyweight handicappers inside info I read, I see the niners winning. I am troubled with the niners giving 4 points in ATL. I think it will be a 10 point win at a minimum so it will not matter, but..

I just read a book on NFL gambling and they point out the very best game to bet on is a high profile (playoff or monday night) when there is a home underdog, which this qualifies for. The other issue is that ATL was the 1st place team and playing the second place team, so if nothing else the line should be zero. It is standard that if you are playing at home you give 3 points so the cappers are really expecting the niners to win by 7 points in this game since the spread is 4.

The only question now is how much to bet. Last week I just went a little too light on the niners because I was so worried about GB's capabilities and veterans.

I'll keep studying...
Old    bigdtx            01-20-2013, 10:15 AM Reply   
No rooting interest in any games today - but I'd love to see a 49ers Patriots Superbowl.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-20-2013, 7:33 PM Reply   
Wow both winners scored 28 points.Both winners overcame halftime deficits.Both winners were coached by Harbaugh's.
Old     (moon)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-21-2013, 12:32 AM Reply   
Both winners were the visitors.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-21-2013, 4:18 AM Reply   
Peyton,Eli,Tom and Aaron all get to watch the Superbowl this year.Can we all please shed a tear?
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-21-2013, 7:17 AM Reply   
Both winners completed a shut out in second half against powerful offenses -That's impressive.

Line opens with SF -4 for super bowl. Would not surprise me if the public ends up on Baltimore by game time and the line ends up at 2.

The over/under is 48 - Since both of these teams are heavy defense, that might be a good play if you grab it early. I am guessing it will end up 43-45 by game time.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-21-2013, 8:03 AM Reply   
Man that was a tough game. Well it is official Kap is the real deal. His poise along with the running game helped right the ship for the niners. The niners are going to have to find a way to get pressure because the front four is just not cutting it right now. I don't know what is wrong with Aldon but he is just not getting home right now. It is a good thing Harbaugh made the QB change because the defense is shaky right now and there is no way Smith was bringing the niners back after digging that hole.
Overall pround of the niners effort especially after getting down 17, having Ackers clank another shorter field goal, and having Crabtree fumble at the the 6 inch line. In the end the defense got the stop when they needed it.

The Ravens look solid. I will say this the Pats had their chance in the first half to put more pressure on the Ravens but only got 2 field goals (horribe clock management). If they get touchdowns there it changes the game. The Ravens defense is so physical and took over in the second half. Flacco looked great.

On the Super Bowl I agree with Jason. Even as a Niner fan I have seen the number as high as 5 for the Niners. That seems crazy to me. At the end of the day these are two physical, defensive minded teams. I think the Niners are the better team but that is a huge number with these two teams. I could sse a low scoring affair.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-21-2013, 9:39 AM Reply   
One more thing I wanted to point out. I am not a huge stats guy because I think throwing yards and quarterback rating stats can be skewed. But one stat I think that is very important is red zone percentage. This year in the playoffs with Kap. The 49ers are 7 of 9 in the red zone scoring touchdowns. That is legit, and total reversal from last year. It is even more impressive when you look at the two missed opportunties. One of which was in the Packer game at the end of the first half when they kicked a field goal because they were out of time. The other was Crabtree fumbling at the 6 inch line.
Scoring touchdowns is why the niners are going to the super bowl.

Also I do believe much more in total QBR because it takes into account running and QBs taking sacks and running abillity. Kap's QBR has been great in playoffs.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-21-2013, 5:47 PM Reply   
I'll take 5-0 in the super bowl Mikey. That's a pretty good one huh.

Seriously though, this is a tough tough match-up. Baltimore is beat up and tired, but they being held up by God himself, if you ask Ray Lewis. Both coaching staff's are amazing at adjusting during game play and especially second half. I think we see a much more creative SF offense like Kap's second game. Lots of mixed stuff and back to him running again. Again statistically niners win in almost every stat, including heart. This is a 2-3 point field goal *gulp* to win it game. I am thinking low scoring affair. I would love to see the Balt fans climb aboard for the next two weeks and drive that line to zero.

We were joking since they are brothers there should be some bro code conversation like:

"Dude you got to promise me that Akers will play- come on do me a solid"
"Dude can you ask Jesus for a day off and just play us straight up"
"Let's both agree to leave out our guys that have elbow braces on for just one game"
Finally, can you just hook a brother up and decide now whether you let Kap run, I totally would tell you if I had a running quarterback.

Cheers
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-21-2013, 5:52 PM Reply   
I don't know if you can say the 9ers have more heart, pretty sure everyone, Ray Rice, Falcco, Boldin, Smith etc are all 100% laying it on the line for Lewis. That's gotten the Ravens past Manning AND Brady, something NO ONE out of Maryland thought possible.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-21-2013, 6:52 PM Reply   
I'll take the 49ers in the Superbowl.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-22-2013, 5:36 PM Reply   
Once a thug always a thug... I can't stand Lewis or his grandstanding for Jesus bs. Hope the Ravens get their asses kicked! Betcha Moss is doing a bit of praying leading up to the big day.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-23-2013, 8:28 AM Reply   
Ray Lewis bug me too. But not nearly as much as Jim Harbaugh.

Go Ravens.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-24-2013, 11:57 AM Reply   
Been pretty slow here. I figured we should get back on track. GO NINERS!!!
Attached Images

Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-25-2013, 9:04 AM Reply   
http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-franci...lin-Kaepernick
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-25-2013, 10:41 AM Reply   
I can't root for San Francisco, I just can't do it. I'm taking the ravens and their experience to win out over the Niners. It just doesn't feel as though they have paid their dues yet the way the ravens have. Although I will say that super bowl winners usual have a let down year the next so a Niners win would most likely bode well for the Seahawks next year
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-29-2013, 9:02 AM Reply   
The quest for six continues. I am feeling pretty good about the game. I sure hope it goes well I got about 25 people coming over so I hope either the Niners dominate or it is a good game. If the Ravens get out to a huge lead it could become a major buzz kill.

I am having a rocky start to planning our party. What the hell is up with the bay area I am trying to get decorations for the party and there is pretty much nothing available. Tried to get some balloons from party city and they told me they were sold out and would get more in on the 5th. The 5th, so you are getting more decorations in for the super bowl after the super bowl is played. Just crazy.

Then this happend to me yesterday I ordered a big inflatable for the front yard. And the box comes and the ebayer sent me an empty box. I can't get the inflatable anywhere if anyone has one of these I am willing to pay big bucks for one.
Attached Images

Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-31-2013, 8:48 AM Reply   
Getting excited about the game. Time for a prediction. I got it 31-20 Niners. Too much Kap and Gore. And it is time for Flacco to have a rough game. I think the mobility of Kap is going to give the Ravens problems.

Where you at Seattle this is the biggest game of the year?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-01-2013, 11:04 AM Reply   
Being optimistic I'm going with Baltimore. Joe's paid his dues and so have the rest of the Raven's.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-01-2013, 12:20 PM Reply   
Changing my pic to Baltimore. Can't stand Ray but my gut is telling me San Fran is going to fall on their faces this weekend...
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-01-2013, 3:34 PM Reply   
The Forty Niners have the better overall team.Could they lose? Sure. Do i think they will? No.49ers 28 ravens 24.Look they covered the line!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-03-2013, 8:11 PM Reply   
Did they bring back the referees from the Seattle Green Bay game?Just two plays to consider of the dozen or more one way calls.4th down pass to Crabtree in the end Zone he was held,no call.Then on the punt the Ravens were rodeo riding the 49ers rushers and no holding call.Automatic safety and save 5 seconds on the clock.No sour grapes here just want the Super Bowl called evenly.Reminds me of the Seattle/Pittsburgh Superbowl.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-04-2013, 6:53 AM Reply   
Fun game to watch as far as Superbowls go. San Fran got their asses handed to them in the first half and just didn't do enough to get all the way back.

I beat the spread, won a quarter on the pool and enjoyed a competitive game. Can't beat that.

Just wanted all of you to know it's been a blast slinging the smack this year and I can't wait for the thread to start up again this fall. Until then...

HAWKS!
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-04-2013, 8:28 AM Reply   
No way was this game as badly called as the pitt/seattle sb. This game had some missed calls for sure, but the niners made their own mess early on with mistakes. Their youth and inexperience cost them this game. I have no doubt they will be returning as one of the favorites next year.
Glad it was an entertaining game though. Aside from the 35 minute "2nd halftime", i thought it was a good game to watch.
Cant wait till next year! Cmon cowboys!
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-04-2013, 9:01 AM Reply   
Man that was tough. But the Ravens earned that win. Last year when the niners lost to the Giant it was painful for me because I thought the Niners played better and just gave the game away. This year the Ravens kicked their ass in the first half. The second half kick off return was the death blow.
The come back was very impressive, playing so bad in the first half and still having a chance to win the game.
Key play for me was not making the two point conversion to tie the game.

Kap did nothing to make me believe that is not going to be a star. Especially after the game when he took all the blame, eventhough I didn't see him getting smoked in our secondary. Bottom line if your offense scores 31 points you should win the game.

If I wasn't such a big fan of the 49ers I thought the game had to be pretty entertaining for the casual fan.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-04-2013, 11:50 AM Reply   
Sorry mike but I had a blast rooting against the Niners. Like you my second favorite team is anyone playing against you guys or the cowboys. All in all it was a good game and I'm glad in the end it was competitive. I typo had a lot of fun with all the smack talk and can't wait till next year to fire it right back up. Thanks for participating fellas.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-04-2013, 12:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
Sorry mike but I had a blast rooting against the Niners. Like you my second favorite team is anyone playing against you guys or the cowboys. All in all it was a good game and I'm glad in the end it was competitive. I typo had a lot of fun with all the smack talk and can't wait till next year to fire it right back up. Thanks for participating fellas.
Yeah it was a tough game. I am glad they cameback and didn't get embarrassed. Just think all your Hawks have to do is five-peat and they can catch the Niners for Trophies.

In all seriousness I think the NFC West is going to be insane for next few years. The battles between Kap and Wilson are going to be epic. I can't believe I have to wait six months for Niners football.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-05-2013, 3:57 AM Reply   
At least the 49ers and the Cowboys share one record.A 108 yard kickoff return by Jacoby Jones for a touchdown.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-05-2013, 10:38 AM Reply   
Grrrr. Had a great gambling season only to get killed on the SB. Oh well, still up. great times with you all - Next year I will be way more in tune with this forum.

There were some very strange calls by Jim. First half he just lets almost a minute go to waste? Second half why in hell would you not take a time out before that last play? Add in some bad reffing and Balt playing well, and a loss is a loss.

Niners will be back there next year. They will trade Alex Smith for some quality. Hope to have some backup d line as well.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-05-2013, 11:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
iners will be back there next year. They will trade Alex Smith for some quality. Hope to have some backup d line as well.
My guess is Alex Smith goes to MN
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-05-2013, 1:47 PM Reply   
I'm guessing Kansas city
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-05-2013, 2:41 PM Reply   
He is going to KC! The real question is where does Akers go or does he retire
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-12-2013, 12:03 PM Reply   
I am still depressed about the Niners super bowl loss. So I was checking out the schedule for next year. And I think the Niners actually got a gift. Sure they have to play a first place division schedule but I think their schedule is freindlier then the Seathugs. 49ers tough games are all at home. Seathugs tough games are all on the road. They should go 8-0 or 7-1 at home but that road schedule looks nasty.

Home:
Arizona,
St. Louis,
Seattle,
Atlanta,
Carolina,
Houston,
Indianapolis,
Green Bay

Road
Arizona,
St. Louis,
Seattle,
New Orleans,
Tampa Bay,
Jacksonville,
Tennessee,
Washington

Seathugs:
Home
Arizona,
San Francisco,
St. Louis,
New Orleans,
Tampa Bay,
Jacksonville,
Tennessee,
Minnesota

Away
Arizona,
San Francisco,
St. Louis,
Atlanta,
Carolina,
Houston,
Indianapolis,
N.Y. Giants
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-12-2013, 12:08 PM Reply   
Both of them are great teams and I will enjoy watching them battle for second place behind my Rammies!!
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-12-2013, 12:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeworld View Post
Both of them are great teams and I will enjoy watching them battle for second place behind my Rammies!!
Dave,
The rams road schedule looks just as dirty. Plus you do realize the Rams left LA in 1995. Isn't it time you jumped ship to the Niners.

Rams
Home
Arizona,
San Francisco,
Seattle,
New Orleans,
Tampa Bay,
Jacksonville,
Tennessee,
Chicago

Away
Arizona,
San Francisco,
Seattle,
Atlanta,
Carolina,
Houston,
Indianapolis,
Dallas
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-12-2013, 12:30 PM Reply   
Even if I bailed on my Rams, there is just too much 49er hate in these bones to ever be a fan. Plus, I'm in San Diego, so the Chargers would be my default home team.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-12-2013, 12:32 PM Reply   
Can those schedules be right? Seattle and Rams only have one game difference on the road and one game difference at home. Never seen that before.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-12-2013, 1:20 PM Reply   
That is how the schedules work. The NFC west will play the same schedule for 14 gamse. The only difference will be the other two games. The niners since they finished in first place will play the NFC North first place team (packers) and the NFC East first place team (Washington). Everyone in the West will play the NFC South and AFC South. Where the Niners got lucky is that most of their tough games are at home, where the Seathugs and Rams seem to have more difficult road schedules.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-13-2013, 8:10 AM Reply   
Phtt... aint afraid of that road schedule.

HAWKS!