Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-24-2014, 6:30 PM Reply   
I'm taking a trip at the end of October to San Diego for about 5 days or so and was hoping for some recommendations. I'm going out there to check out Socal and see if I'd like living out there - I've been thinking about making a move out there next summer.

Activities:
1. Surfing
-Where are good places to do this? I will also need to rent a board
-Should I get surfing lessons? Any particular recommendations? I consider myself a pretty good athlete/quick learner and so I was thinking at least a short lesson would be good.

2. Hiking
-Location recommendations?

3. San Diego Zoo
-Plan on going there one day. Anything to keep in mind? Any discount tickets?

4. Other good activities to do in California/SD? What about cool places to go (we may head north towards LA)?

Lodging:
1. What are good areas to stay in?

2. Any hotel recommendations? Hotel alternatives (e.g., airbnb)? It's just my sister and I going, so I was thinking renting a little place with a kitchen would save money on food and also make it easier to eat healthy. I would like to be in the price range of a decent hotel or less (i.e., 100-130$/night)