Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Snowboarding

Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-06-2013, 9:02 AM Reply   
After my first day back, it's time to get somenew boots. Any recommednations? Places to go.? I have big feet so it limits some brands. Are they cool to order online or is a thing where you have to try them on first? Not a ton of shops around here and I do not think there are any "core" shops even close.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-06-2013, 11:42 AM Reply   
Boots are the one thing I would pay extra for to try on, compared to buying online, unless you know your size and fit in that particular boot. I'm interested in how good the Nike boots are, very interested in any feedback on them.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-06-2013, 11:42 AM Reply   
Also, I'd check craigslist. Lot's of people that purchased online are selling their non-fitting boots and other gear.
Old     (Anaru)      Join Date: Jan 2012       01-06-2013, 2:10 PM Reply   
I have wider feet and DC's seem to be bout the only boots I find comfortable, that and vans. I use the-house to order from best site I have used in the us. I have to use a re sender to get orders to aus
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-07-2013, 5:44 AM Reply   
Thirty Two is the best boot I"ve owned.
Old     (jfergus7)      Join Date: Jul 2011       01-07-2013, 6:14 AM Reply   
Everyone has opinions based on what they like but until you try them on you will never know which ones fit you best. Where are you located that you dont have any shops around you?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
Old     (augie_09)      Join Date: Mar 2011       01-07-2013, 8:23 AM Reply   
Go to a shop and try on. Hell, buy 3 from the shop, wear them around the house and return the 2 you like least.

A good shop will be happy to let you try on every boot model. They should also tell you which brands/models will pack out more than others.

From my experience for fitting;
32's pack out the most, buy at least a full size smaller than shoe size. Mine packed out so much I couldn't ride in them.
Salomons don't pack out at all, so try these in your actual shoe size.
Burtons pack out a little, I went with one size smaller than shoe size and fits perfect after breaking in.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-15-2013, 8:24 AM Reply   
Grrrr. I went to (5) "shops" last night. Not only did most have zero boots they few shops that did have them, had cheap ones and not much for selection of sizes. What a waste of time. I hate to order them online without wearing them. I guess I'll have to go up in Sac or down to the bay to get them. Dang it.
Old     (augie_09)      Join Date: Mar 2011       01-15-2013, 8:34 AM Reply   
you can buy from dogufnk.com and return no questions asked. you'll have to pay return shipping, but may be cheaper than driving long way to a shop.
Old     (Anaru)      Join Date: Jan 2012       01-15-2013, 2:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by augie_09 View Post
you can buy from dogufnk.com and return no questions asked. you'll have to pay return shipping, but may be cheaper than driving long way to a shop.
Had the worst experience with them, so did a mate.
My mate they sent him bindings with no fixing plates, and me, I spoke to the online guru about what brands I could ship to aus, I asked about a specific board and brand and they said yes that's fine, I ordered and payed only to be told 2 weeks later that they couldnt send it due to contract agreements with the company, I complained that I had asked first to avoid this troubles, it's taken 2 weeks for them to tell me and after that had to wait another week to get my money back? I was pissed as my snow trip was around the corner. If I had known I would have done something else but they tied up my money preventing me from buying another 1 else where. No sympathy no real excuse. No even offer of a discount on future purchases. Never again. They even sent me a link after to judge my experience I had with them. Yeah of coarse I gave good feed back lol
Old     (dvsone79)      Join Date: Dec 2012       04-22-2013, 1:07 PM Reply   
I have a pair of Vans Andreas Wiig's pro model boots, and they are the best boots I've ever owned. I've tried several, Burton (crap), Rossignol (ok), Northwave (good), 32 (also good). Prior to the Vans, the Northwaves were my favorite. They were the most comfortable boots I've ever owned, even compared to the Vans, but they were just too soft for my riding. The Vans have the best balance of comfort and responsiveness. No pressure points, and don't dig in to your shins, but still very responsive for transitions. My bindings are Ride Revolt w/ the toe straps that go around the toe, not on top of them, which I've always loved since I used to ride Technine bindings with MFM's "Baltimore" toe straps.
Old     (SidebarEyewear)      Join Date: May 2013       05-23-2013, 1:22 PM Reply   
I really like the 2012 Burton Hail's. Id'e have to disagree with those who say they are ' crap', I have a wide foot base and they cater to them nicely.