Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakecourage)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-03-2014, 7:27 AM Reply   
Looking for some advise on a new board. I am 6'3"/205lbs. So I am looking for a big board. I want a slower riding board that holds a good edge. Boards I am considering are: Ronix One, Parks, Marek. All of these boards make a large model. I don't have a chance to demo.
Old     (wakecourage)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-09-2014, 6:53 AM Reply   
BUMP! I need to make a purchase today!
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-09-2014, 7:32 AM Reply   
Code 22 without a doubt. It has a great edge, it is easy to ride and I am not sure why you would want a slower riding board unless your are a very advanced rider that drives through the wake on everything. The One and the Parks are great boards, but they both and rounded rails through the belly.
Old     (wakecourage)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-09-2014, 7:53 AM Reply   
Justin. I was thinking the One because it comes in a 146 compared to the 143 code. Does the code ride that much better? Iam looking to 2013 models trying to save some money. Just drained the bank account on 210 Air Nautique over the weekend.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-09-2014, 8:18 AM Reply   
The 143 will be fine. It has a lot less drag moving across the water than the one. A 2013 code might be hard to come by, but if you can find one, go for it. Have you considered the 145 Bill/William? It would be another one to check out if you see a deal on one.
Old     (hgvandy)      Join Date: Jul 2011       06-09-2014, 8:35 AM Reply   
I am 6'2" and 190 lbs. I just purchased the Code 22 in a 143 and it is more than big enough for me. I have been very happy with my purchase and was so close to puling the trigger on the Timebomb. I wish I had the opportunity to ride both and compare.
Old     (wakecourage)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-09-2014, 9:10 AM Reply   
2013 Codes seem to be harder to come by. Seems to still be a lot on Ones for sale. Keeping my eyes open for a good deal on a Code.
Old     (CRS_mi)      Join Date: Jul 2011       06-09-2014, 9:30 AM Reply   
If you want a slow board don't go with the Marek. The new Marek is pretty forgiving but it is a fast board. Of the boards you listed I'd say the One.