Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (Tolleson2354)      Join Date: Jun 2015       07-14-2015, 12:38 PM Reply   
I goofed and bought a Connelly "the thing" because it was the only "surf" board we could find on the way to the lake the day we traded boats knowing it wasn't much of a surf board. We didn't quite realize how much fun surfing is for those windy/busy days and are bored to death with "the thing" and want something a whole lot spunkier... so for a 6'0 180lb dude and a 5'5 slim built girl sharing a board what do yall recommend?

(The dog likes floating on the thing so we will keep it in the boat for her and beginner riders so learning doesn't need to be a factor in your board advice)
Old     (all2matt)      Join Date: Apr 2015       07-15-2015, 6:44 AM Reply   
The first question is are looking for more of a surf style or skim style? this may be dependant of the boat and wake, so what do wake and setup do you use?

as far as skim style I have 2 phase 5 boards (razz fort wife and trident for me) and they are great but they tend to be too hard for beginners to ride.

if its surf style then going custom seems the way to go (chaos, doomswell, walker, etc...) I ordered a Chaos Pro last month so once I get that I can give you a better idea of feel, til then there are a ton of guys on here that use surf style so start scrolling thru this forum and you should get an idea of what they will deliver.
Old     (all2matt)      Join Date: Apr 2015       07-15-2015, 6:46 AM Reply   
I see from your profile you have a Sanger, Ive never seem one in person throughout the the lakes Ive been on in Illinois, Minn, Iowa, MIssouri and North Dak but form what I here they put out a pretty decent surf wake. Is it lippy or mellow, long or short, etc....?

Last edited by all2matt; 07-15-2015 at 6:47 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old     (Tolleson2354)      Join Date: Jun 2015       07-15-2015, 9:16 AM Reply   
That's one thing I am curious about whether skim or surf style will be better for us. We do have a Sanger V215 the wave is decently lippy with good push but fairly short, especially when it is just 2 of us we have to ride pretty close to the swim deck., but gets pretty long when we bring plenty of friends. Skims seem to be more fun to ride from what I have read, but will a surf style be more free riding friendly for all our wave conditions?