Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (Rtb1)      Join Date: Sep 2015       10-05-2015, 4:13 PM Reply   
I'm looking at buying a 2004 X-Star and wonder if anyone has surfed behind one, especially goofy side. It has full ballast set-up, but I've heard the wave isn't very good. Thanks for your help
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-06-2015, 12:32 PM Reply   
I have a 2005 X-Star, and have weighted it heavily once or twice whenever its too rough to wakeboard. Port will get really big, was running around 6000 lbs of weight most in the center then threw a couple 400s on the seats to make it lean.

Tried the same amount of weight on the starboard side and kept speeding up to try and create a clean wave, we eventually planed out and it was just a crumble fest at any speed on the starboard side.

I dont really wakesurf much, as my knees still work, but I would assume that the xstar is not the best choice of surf boat.

my boat has the 8.1 engine so it sits a bit more rear heavy than the mcx
Old     (Shockthis)      Join Date: May 2014       10-09-2015, 8:00 AM Reply   
They surf pretty good , but it is tricky to weight. When we went on my buddies, fo the starboard side we filled back corner , placed a bag in the bow starboard. Everyone sat on starboard side. One person on the back sun pad, starboard side. Leave the centre tank empty. I think the speed was around 11. We did the same on the other side as well. Again if we added the centre tank the wave broke down. The further it leaned the better it was.
Old     (luke22885)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-09-2015, 11:02 AM Reply   
My buddy had an 04 and even though a lot of people say they are terrible at surfing we were able to get a really good regular side wake by filling all stock tanks, putting 2 500's in the rear locker and having everyone sit on that side. We stumbled on that setup because his stock tank on the non surf side would not empty. As for goofy footed riders (the boat owner) he never did get it dialed in as good as regular side a lot of times he surfed heels to the wake.
Old     (dvsone79)      Join Date: Dec 2012       10-09-2015, 8:57 PM Reply   
This question was answered when you asked it over on MasterCraft TT. Cottager Greg got a great surf wake on his Xstar using a home made wake gate. Here's one of the pics he posted of it in another thread:
Attached Images

Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-04-2016, 3:17 PM Reply   
Here you go