Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-25-2021, 7:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Not at all. I was arguing that schools should reopen back in August. And also that it was smart in my area to go back to virtual after thanksgiving because of the spike we were having. My position is react to the science... if we can open schools and cases remain low, win. If having schools open is a source of virus spread, not win. duh, indeed.
If that's what you were arguing, you were largely alone on the left. Count your blessings you haven't been cancelled.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-25-2021, 8:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
If that's what you were arguing, you were largely alone on the left. Count your blessings you haven't been cancelled.
Consider this potential Twilight Zone episode: that I actually WASN'T largely alone (indeed my blue county elected school board chose to open), but that your media overlords want you to think that anyone elected by a majority of dems has a temple to stalin and AOC in their living room.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-25-2021, 8:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Consider this potential Twilight Zone episode: that I actually WASN'T largely alone (indeed my blue county elected school board chose to open), but that your media overlords want you to think that anyone elected by a majority of dems has a temple to stalin and AOC in their living room.
Tell that to CNN and the rest of the MSM who vehamently disagreed with you.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-25-2021, 8:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Also, tell that to my governor who vehamently disagreed with you while his kids kept going to private school.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-25-2021, 8:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
I'm sure you could find a cnn clip or an NYT op ed suggesting it was not safe to reopen schools. But I'm sure you could also find clips and op eds suggesting that it was safe.

Maybe you'll like it maybe you won't, but I'd suggest giving Mike Pesca's podcast The Gist a listen every once in a while to get a feel for what a moderate dem sounds like. Or watch Chris Wallace on Fox News Sunday for a policy oriented grilling of folks from both sides of the aisle. The infotainment programs on all of the networks are 95% garbage (Maddow / Cuomo / Hannity etc).
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-25-2021, 8:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
I'm sure you could find a cnn clip or an NYT op ed suggesting it was not safe to reopen schools. But I'm sure you could also find clips and op eds suggesting that it was safe.

Maybe you'll like it maybe you won't, but I'd suggest giving Mike Pesca's podcast The Gist a listen every once in a while to get a feel for what a moderate dem sounds like. Or watch Chris Wallace on Fox News Sunday for a policy oriented grilling of folks from both sides of the aisle. The infotainment programs on all of the networks are 95% garbage (Maddow / Cuomo / Hannity etc).
Anecdotal stuff like that won't sway me one bit. The conventional wisdom from the MSM and the left was everything should be shut down until after the election. If you had a different opinion or didn't agree with "the science," you were labeled a flat-earther. We saw that happen right here on WW. You all just wanna revise history now to save your wake77's.

I haven't watched Fox ever since election night. They pretty much suck. I mostly read and watch local news, but what I really watch a lot is Drybar Comedy on YouTube. Friggin funny people that are clean.

Last edited by markj; 02-25-2021 at 8:37 AM.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-25-2021, 10:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Anecdotal stuff like that won't sway me one bit. The conventional wisdom from the MSM and the left ...
So you will ignore facts in favor of dogma? Even Delta found you an example pretty quickly, and I'm sure he agrees that "the MSM" is trying to control you.

It's pretty easy to see things your way if you ignore contradictory facts.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-25-2021, 11:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
So you will ignore facts in favor of dogma? Even Delta found you an example pretty quickly, and I'm sure he agrees that "the MSM" is trying to control you.

It's pretty easy to see things your way if you ignore contradictory facts.
OMGoodness. I posted that or something just like it from the same libtard hack before Delta even did today. Dogma? Like the dogma put forth by the msm that orange man bad and caused kung flu so we shut it all down? That dogma?

Like I was saying earlier, it’s only now that your puppet got in that you acknowledge the facts that the shutdowns were bad and primarily politically motivated.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       02-25-2021, 9:08 AM Reply   
Quote:

Actually there is a NY Times piece written by a liberal right now regarding that Trump was right and that demcorats shut down school to be anti-Trump and it is hurting people.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/18/o...-closures.html
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-25-2021, 10:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Actually there is a NY Times piece written by a liberal right now regarding that Trump was right and that demcorats shut down school to be anti-Trump and it is hurting people.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/18/o...-closures.html
see, that's what I was telling you!
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       02-25-2021, 9:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Then quit trying to take our rights away, selling America to the third world, and trying to make perversion mainstream. Not that hard really. Your party has not been about workers rights and small business for at least 20 years now and every rendition of the party gets more radical every time.

I have always said this and it is true. An organization that is formed to meet some goal always turns radical once the goal is achieved. Why? Because once you build and organization, people like to get paid and have stability. So they have to find something to go after once the usually more reasonable objective is met. The democrat party has moved radical a long time ago. It is just a name. workers rights are in place. Lucky for them, the Republicans got rid of slavery and jim crow laws for them. There is no moderate democrat party. That is why you have all you trinket wanters running around making deals with outright Marxists to get your shinny object.