Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       01-29-2013, 7:25 AM Reply   
I am looking to buy my gf a board soon. She has been riding for a season and has progressed pretty well for only riding a season. She was riding my LF Harley 143cm with my CT bindings which didn't fit her at all but she prefered it over a Ronix Faith Hope Love 136cm with OT bindings. She is about 5'7" and weighs 140lbs.

I have been looking at some of the Woman's boards on evo and I can't decide. I have also done a little bit of searching on this forum and I am still left with uncertainty. She liked the way my Harley felt, she did however say it felt a little big and rode loose. I have been thinking about getting her on a 138cm LF Watson Classic but I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestion. She doesn't care if it is a girl or a guys board, she just needs something to help her progress her riding style. At the end of the summer she was popping over the wake about halfway and doing surface tricks. I have already picked her up some Ronix Halo bindings.

All suggestions are welcome. If there are any girls out there that wouldn't mind giving a breif review of the board they ride, I would definitely be interested in hearing about it.

Oh, and we only ride behind a boat. No cable.
Old     (Preston)      Join Date: Jul 2010       01-30-2013, 4:48 AM Reply   
If she liked your Harley, get one of those in the 135 or 139.
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-30-2013, 5:28 AM Reply   
teach her to drive you first, then buy her a board
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       01-30-2013, 6:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_vilfo View Post
teach her to drive you first, then buy her a board
Haha, I taught her that last summer....except she needs to work a few things that I had to yell at her for. She never pays attention to the small things I do when pulling her then gets mad at me for not providing her step by step directions on stuff I find as common sense. But I am sure I am not alone on this issue.

Anyways, I would buy her a Harley but she seemed like she wanted something a little more beginnerish with a center fin that is removable once she gets use to popping over the wake better. Which is why I was leaning towards the Watson Classic. It has been tested for years and proven to be a solid board. They are hard to find in the 2012 model though.
Old     (SouthCack)      Join Date: Jan 2013       01-30-2013, 6:54 AM Reply   
My girl swears by the ronix bill
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-30-2013, 11:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
I have been thinking about getting her on a 138cm LF Watson Classic but I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestion.
I ride this board with the company bindings and like it. Don't have much to compare to since its only my 3rd board but seems to have good pop
Old     (NotSure123)      Join Date: Nov 2012       01-30-2013, 12:39 PM Reply   
My lady sounds alot like yours. She likes her 2011 Liquid Force Luna...plus it's "really sparkly and pretty" as she says...looks like EVO has some still around...
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       01-30-2013, 12:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSure123 View Post
My lady sounds alot like yours. She likes her 2011 Liquid Force Luna...plus it's "really sparkly and pretty" as she says...looks like EVO has some still around...
I have been looking at that one and seriously thinking about pushing her to get it. I think she would like the Krush too. It has molded fins that are suppose to help with edging. I am just looking for something she will be comfortable on. I don't have a lot of experience with trying different boards and neither does she.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-30-2013, 1:48 PM Reply   
Got my ex-gf (we still ride a couple times a year) a 134cm Slingshot Pearl with Amber Wing closed toe bindings. She likes the board because it surface spins easy. She prefers to surf more than wakeboard but she's almost got w2w behind my Axis but needs to work on not absorbing the wake and standing tall. I can understand your boat driving issue with your gf lol. Ive had a couple female friends of mine offer to drive me...soooo frustrating. Actually my ex-gf was an awesome boat driver and loaded/unloaded the boat on/off the trailer. Should have married her lol.

Last edited by you_da_man; 01-30-2013 at 1:51 PM.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-30-2013, 4:49 PM Reply   
The older CWB Marius 2010 model comes in a 134 and has a removable center fin.It's locked in and semi fast with lots of pop.Also a continuous rocker for consistency.