Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (turbojedi)      Join Date: Jun 2013       08-15-2013, 12:22 PM Reply   
I love the Lyman but as you guys know they stopped making the board a couple years ago. Now I have found a few but have about went throw them. So I'm wondering what board is out right not that cuts as fast and pops close to the Lyman . Thanks Guys

Brian
Old     (mcane6)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-15-2013, 12:55 PM Reply   
Try the Slingshot Lyman. I love mine!
Old     (turbojedi)      Join Date: Jun 2013       08-16-2013, 5:49 AM Reply   
what about the flex?
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-16-2013, 7:28 PM Reply   
I have a 2009 Lyman limited that literally just came on the market if your interested. It's a 139
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-17-2013, 4:50 AM Reply   
One board that you might want to think about trying out, if you can, is the Ronix Code22. From what I've experienced, it seems to ride pretty similar to the Lyman.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-17-2013, 8:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojedi View Post
what about the flex?
i have not rode the slingshot lyman, but it is supposed to be the stiffest in slingshots line so the flex should actually be close to the LF Lyman. many people on wakeworld were dubbing the LF Lyman to be a "flex hybrid" when it came out because it was so thin on the tip and tail you could actually flex it kind of like a slingshot. the midsection of the LF lyman was super thick and had little to no flex there. the LF lyman was both LF's thickest AND thinnest board.

Give the slingshot version a try.
Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-18-2013, 9:23 AM Reply   
Try out the new 2014 Slingshot Lyman its going to be really good!
Old     (mcane6)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-19-2013, 7:08 AM Reply   
My opinion on the SS Lyman is its thin lite and not alot of flex. I've owned/rode HL murray & LF watson hybrid so these are the main to boards I compare the SS lyman to. Hands down the Lyman is my go to board. Massive pop compared to other two said boards.