Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-17-2019, 6:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Dude, read the article I posted a link to. They not only don’t want new walls/barriers, they want to tear down existing walls/barriers. They don’t want a border any more. They want to turn the barriers into welcome mats so they can invite new democrat voters. Every liberal on this thread has posted that they want to see something done about illegal immigration, but this article pulls the sheets down and exposes the fact that it’s just lip service, they’re all lying and have been for a long time.
You can have a "border" without having a "border wall". I don't see why you are having a hard time understanding that. Is there not a "border" between the US and Canada? Do we need a "wall" to establish that "border"?

That is the problem with the Trumpsters' thoughts. They think if you are against a border wall, then you are for open borders. Crime in El Paso steadily declined from the 80's until for some reason, the US govt. thought we needed a barrier there. Guess what happened when the wall was erected, crime and crossings increased.

Illegals cannot vote, so any person that suggests that is the end game for the Democrats is a moron. Do you not ever grow tired of repeating a straw man that has never been shown to have an ounce of credibility? Trump claimed that 3,000,000 illegals voted in 2016. Trump's handpicked election investigators could not find even a minute amount of illegal voters, much less 3,000,000. If any party has been shown to delve into widespread election fraud, it's from the right side of the spectrum.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-17-2019, 9:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
You can have a "border" without having a "border wall". I don't see why you are having a hard time understanding that. Is there not a "border" between the US and Canada? Do we need a "wall" to establish that "border"?

That is the problem with the Trumpsters' thoughts. They think if you are against a border wall, then you are for open borders. Crime in El Paso steadily declined from the 80's until for some reason, the US govt. thought we needed a barrier there. Guess what happened when the wall was erected, crime and crossings increased.

Illegals cannot vote, so any person that suggests that is the end game for the Democrats is a moron. Do you not ever grow tired of repeating a straw man that has never been shown to have an ounce of credibility? Trump claimed that 3,000,000 illegals voted in 2016. Trump's handpicked election investigators could not find even a minute amount of illegal voters, much less 3,000,000. If any party has been shown to delve into widespread election fraud, it's from the right side of the spectrum.
For starters, we don’t have millions of Canadians sneaking in illegally, taking jobs away from Americans, using all kinds of social services, getting free educations while not paying taxes, changing our language and culture and committing serious crimes. Now, some in your party are even pushing to tear down existing barriers! As for them voting, they might not all vote right now, but I’ll bet my favorite wake surf board they’ll be voting democrat once they finally become citizens. Even if your one anecdotal story is true, it doesn’t override what the head honcho for the Border Patrol has said which is “walls work and we need more of them.”
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-17-2019, 9:29 AM Reply   
Canada. You know if you have a DUI on your driving revord Canada will not let you in. And I Say good for them! It’s awesome that CANNADA gets to pick and choose WHO THEY DECIDE TO LET IN. Imagine if the us adopted the same law. Omg Lib tards would hit the roof. To bad the US can’t have the same options Canada used at the border
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-17-2019, 10:52 AM Reply   
I like it. Also a written and oral english test. You fail you bail. Bubbye Grant.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-17-2019, 11:35 AM Reply   
^^^^ Wes: How Democratic If you. Just another typical example of Lib tard double standard. You like that our neighbor CANNADA discriminates and sets some sort of standard, but Gawd Forbid the US have some sort of standard or Merit to come to the US. Your party’s Attitude come one come all. It must be great to have this Attitude when you can afford to not live next-door to the people you’re promoting come in by the thousands. Example they should make u open border idiots live in Deerborn MI for a year or 2 b4 your allowed to vote.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-17-2019, 11:59 AM Reply   
There already are standards. Go peddle your bull**** to someone who hasn't been through the USCIS ringer, fool.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-17-2019, 12:09 PM Reply   
Hey Wes Just to keep it real you just said
Quote:
I like it. Also a written and oral english test. You fail you bail.
Wes is this another one of your “FAKE beliefs”, Because if your standard would be if you can’t pass a English test you can’t Enter the states! WOW! Again how Lib of you. Out of one side of your mouth
You say don’t discriminate! And then out of the other side of your mouth you say the complete opposite. I think if you could be at least consistent in your fake outrage people could take you more serious.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-17-2019, 12:13 PM Reply   
And if you had a few brain cells to rub together you might understand sarcasm, irony, and a whole host of other things. When did I ever say I don't discriminate? You are a strange, small man.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-17-2019, 12:39 PM Reply   
Hey Wes it’s OK I can read between the lines. I understand you use Jokes & sarcasm to hide your true feelings. Like all Liberials you don’t practice what you preach, and rules are for everyone else but you. Your always willing to take away someone else’s, place in line, money or right but Gawd forbid it comes back on you. And that’s why your party and it’s movement will always fail. Normal people can see right threw your fake conservatism. In fact I think most Libs are “in the closet Racist”
Why not come out? Stop using sarcasm and jokes to say what you really feel?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-17-2019, 1:25 PM Reply   
Somebody has triggered Grunt the TrumpTurd. He came out of his hole and saw his shadow. Guess that means six more weeks of dumba$$ery.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-17-2019, 1:36 PM Reply   
Actual details about the amazon failure instead of simple black and white strawman building - for those that are interested.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/15/tech/...ail/index.html
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-17-2019, 2:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Actual details about the amazon failure instead of simple black and white strawman building - for those that are interested.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/15/tech/...ail/index.html
Umm... I believe that’s more liberal spin. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe it was amazon’s choice to bail. They weren’t kicked out. The lying, fake news CNN headline is trying to spin it like Amazon blew it. If they really blew it, they’d renegotiate, make the concessions and proceed. What am I missing? I mean it’s gotta be embarrassing to NY that Amazon threw it in reverse and got out. I don’t see how it can be seen any other way. NY didn’t say, “get out.” Amazon read the writing on the wall and said, “no thanks.”
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-17-2019, 2:56 PM Reply   
Guess you didn't read the article.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-18-2019, 3:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Guess you didn't read the article.
Well, I see your CNN spin attempt and raise you a Time article. I’ll also take it that you’re one of the radicals who support AOC and all of her “efforts.”

https://news.yahoo.com/alexandria-oc...210337989.html

How hard is it to realize the loss of 25K high paying jobs (not to mention the ancillary ones) is a big deal? I see this as AOC cutting off her nose just to spite her face. How stupid can she be?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-18-2019, 3:31 AM Reply   
One article actually quotes real people who live in the district. There are plenty of others that do too. I know you MAGAts are obsessed with AOC for some reason, but she had absolutely nothing to do with this, other than being a resident of the community and an ancillary cheerleader. This was state and local politics, not congress. Amazon tried to do a backroom deal with zero input from the actual community (hmm wonder why) and at the first sight of concern from that community, they took their ball and went home. If they had simply involved the community from the start it could have been a very different story. Same goes for Cuomo and his crew.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-18-2019, 3:55 AM Reply   
The obsession with AOC is universal. She’s a radical. Radical people get attention. Always have, always will.

Bottom line is it’s NYC’s loss. It’s not even debatable.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/de-...ax-break-money
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-18-2019, 4:03 AM Reply   
OF COURSE it's debatable, cheese-for-brains. That's why the deal is off. There was a debate - well the start of one, once the backroom deal became public - but then Amazon pulled out mighty quick. That's bc it was a ****e deal. Google facebook, and plenty of others have put down roots in NYC without ridiculous giveaways like this and crap planning for housing, transpo, etc. Bottom line is not NYC's loss - unless by NYC you mean a few politicians and their construction buddies.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-18-2019, 4:19 AM Reply   
They lost out on tens of thousands of jobs. Amazon can take their ball elswhere. Amazon still has their ball. NYC doesn’t. Amazon-1 NYC-0
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-18-2019, 5:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
For starters, we don’t have millions of Canadians sneaking in illegally, taking jobs away from Americans, using all kinds of social services, getting free educations while not paying taxes, changing our language and culture and committing serious crimes. Now, some in your party are even pushing to tear down existing barriers! As for them voting, they might not all vote right now, but I’ll bet my favorite wake surf board they’ll be voting democrat once they finally become citizens. Even if your one anecdotal story is true, it doesn’t override what the head honcho for the Border Patrol has said which is “walls work and we need more of them.”
That's not what you said. You said, "they want to tear down walls and have no border". But I get it. You don't mind white people sneaking into the country, it's the brown-skinned people you don't want in. At least just come out and say that. It at least makes you argument sound somewhat logical.

And what "jobs" are they "taking away from Americans"? Why can that happen to begin with? What this suggests is that instead of wasting time, spending billions on a wall, maybe we should go after the people hiring these illegals (something the GOP opposes for some reason, I wonder why?).
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-18-2019, 5:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
The obsession with AOC is universal. She’s a radical. Radical people get attention. Always have, always will.

Bottom line is it’s NYC’s loss. It’s not even debatable.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/de-...ax-break-money
It's only you Trumpsters that are "obsessed" with her. Of course, you should be. She's as close to "draining the swamp" as you can get. Trump campaigned on that, of course then he starts filling his staff with Washington insiders.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       02-18-2019, 7:08 AM Reply   
It's Monday, psycho Wake continues his virtue signaling & labeling as racist anyone who disagrees on the wall on the false assumption, it's because they're brown. I think I speak for the whole group that we would love a wall just to keep Aholes like Wake from getting in, but he'd find skin color or something ass to use as his crutch rather then to just owning up to being disliked for a being a giant Ahole full of hotair.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-18-2019, 8:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
That's not what you said. You said, "they want to tear down walls and have no border". But I get it. You don't mind white people sneaking into the country, it's the brown-skinned people you don't want in. At least just come out and say that. It at least makes you argument sound somewhat logical.

And what "jobs" are they "taking away from Americans"? Why can that happen to begin with? What this suggests is that instead of wasting time, spending billions on a wall, maybe we should go after the people hiring these illegals (something the GOP opposes for some reason, I wonder why?).
You’re a special kind of crazy again I see. Canadians stay in their own lane. Mexicans don’t. It has nothing to do with color no matter how hard you libs try to say it does. I happen to have a “brown person” in my own family so suck on that and stop trying to put words in my mouth to make it fit your narrow, racist narrative.

As for them taking jobs. Where do I start? Maybe the construction industry? I see them all the time on job sites. There are plenty of other industries as well. You’d have to get out of your own bubble and echo chamber to see it. The efficacy of a wall is much greater than sending agents after employers.

Last edited by markj; 02-18-2019 at 8:49 AM.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-18-2019, 8:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
It's only you Trumpsters that are "obsessed" with her. Of course, you should be. She's as close to "draining the swamp" as you can get. Trump campaigned on that, of course then he starts filling his staff with Washington insiders.
Again, you have such a problem with the truth. Open the website of any liberal news source and she’ll be right there on the front page. As for swamps, hows your dream Mecca Venezuela doing?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-18-2019, 8:55 AM Reply   
Quote:

Btw, that’s not what I said. It’s what THEY said.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-18-2019, 9:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
They lost out on tens of thousands of jobs. Amazon can take their ball elswhere. Amazon still has their ball. NYC doesn’t. Amazon-1 NYC-0
Fundamental misstatement of what the game is. I know you are smarter than grant - you should stop playing stupid and oversimplifying everything.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-18-2019, 11:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Isn't the states practically in full employment, why would you pay a massive corporate kick back to provide jobs when unemployment isn't a primary problem?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-18-2019, 11:53 AM Reply   
Stop clouding the issue with facts. Mark’s like the South Park guys bellowing “Dey tawk err jooooobs”. Can’t reason with someone who thinks the earth is 10,000 years old.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       02-18-2019, 12:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Isn't the states practically in full employment, why would you pay a massive corporate kick back to provide jobs when unemployment isn't a primary problem?
You're not paying a kick back, you're giving them tax breaks to set up camp. NYC lost on this, plain & simple
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       02-18-2019, 12:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Stop clouding the issue with facts. Mark’s like the South Park guys bellowing “Dey tawk err jooooobs”. Can’t reason with someone who thinks the earth is 10,000 years old.
Love the continued Nazi tactics you lefties use to demean anyone who disagrees with you. Scumbag
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-18-2019, 12:04 PM Reply   
That’s rich coming from a turd like you lol. Take a look at your own posts and that glass house you’re sitting in.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-18-2019, 12:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
The facts are Amazon still maintains its possession of their ball and NYC is devoid of well over 25,000 new jobs. Can we agree on that? Can we also agree that Amazon has the gold and he who has the gold makes the rules? What other facts are relevant in this case? Do you want me to agree that Amazon is just another typical evil corporation? Discussion about petty details of how Amazon wanted special treatment and didn’t want to kiss the ring of local politicians is worthless. I don’t even care about Amazon, their current or future success or their leader’s political affiliations. I just made an observation that Amazon was close to planting H2Q there and balked after weighing the pros and cons of dealing with NYC and all that entails. Those are the facts. You are getting sucked into the minutia and letting it get to you. Take a break.

Oh and I don’t believe the world is 10,000 years old. If you want to know what I believe about creation, Christ, Easter etc, you can read any of those books by Lee Strobel. They all start with the words “The Case For.....”
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-18-2019, 12:54 PM Reply   
I saw Wes your Welfair state of Hawaii is One of three suing the White House over the wall. I wonder how Hawaii would feel if we sent all of Mexico‘s finestAlong with all the other drugs and illegal paraphernalia captured at the border to Hawaii what’s left over we could send to our friend Ralph in New Zealand.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-18-2019, 1:01 PM Reply   
Good to know Mark. Whew! And Strobel's books are simplistic drivel. You could do better than that guy (and probably do).

As for amazon, I never said they were an evil corp. It's simply a complicated issue. Check out the tragedy of the commons. If the people in the hood don't want it or felt completely left out of the process, it's their prerogative to raise a stink about it. Like Ralph said unemployment there is doing just fine.

Grant! You spelled Hawaii right! Nicely done. Not so much re: welfare. And if you knew me you'd know how excited I am to be outta here. Few more weeks and we're back to being practically neighbors ;-)
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-18-2019, 1:05 PM Reply   
Check out what we have proposed in Cali. This should help our resident liberals with perspective on the illegal alien situation as well as their fake outrage over spending. You guys are sweating the $5.7B for a wall while we have an idiot in Cali proposing we spend $3B annually to extend Medicare for the medical expenses of illegals. Yes, you heard that right. Read it and weep.

https://www.politico.com/states/cali...-newsom-722566
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-18-2019, 1:10 PM Reply   
From your own link - "It’s Arambula’s second attempt at expanding health care for undocumented adult immigrants. He authored a similar bill this year, but it died in the state Senate. Gov. Jerry Brown declined to fund it in the state budget."

Yawn. That's what the senate (and the governorship) are for. To kill silly things from extremists on both sides.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-18-2019, 1:51 PM Reply   
Trump calls for a National Emergency, rapists, murderers, drugs invading us from the south. Then he heads down to his Florida Golf club for 3 days of golf. Classic.
Im beginning to think he wants to build a wall because China has one and you dont see any Mexicans in China.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-18-2019, 2:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
From your own link - "It’s Arambula’s second attempt at expanding health care for undocumented adult immigrants. He authored a similar bill this year, but it died in the state Senate. Gov. Jerry Brown declined to fund it in the state budget."

Yawn. That's what the senate (and the governorship) are for. To kill silly things from extremists on both sides.
Yeah, but our new radical Gov has dubbed himself the “healthcare governor.” Stay tuned.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-18-2019, 2:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Trump calls for a National Emergency, rapists, murderers, drugs invading us from the south. Then he heads down to his Florida Golf club for 3 days of golf. Classic.
Im beginning to think he wants to build a wall because China has one and you dont see any Mexicans in China.
Before you embarrass yourself any further, remember he acknowledged the fact that his declaration was immediately going to be challenged and would need to go through the “process.” What’s the point of him sticking around? He stuck around during the shutdown, ready and hoping to negotiate a deal while all the libs went on vacation.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       02-18-2019, 2:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
That’s rich coming from a turd like you lol. Take a look at your own posts and that glass house you’re sitting in.
From that glass I see Trump till 2024 & you turds still crying.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-18-2019, 2:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
” What’s the point of him sticking around?
Agree with you, there is no emergency in any way shape or form.
Immigration has been on a downward trend since the 06,07 financial collapse.

I really hope he goes no where with the emergency BS, its a really bad way to run a democracy. I dont think you repubs will be able to handle what dems may do down the road if this continues. Congress makes decisions on the money, not presidents who think they are kings. If he wants a wall, propose it to congress and get funded the correct way. BTW, if it was an emergency, why wait 2 years to do anything? Especially when he had control of both house and senate the first two years. Do you think he should be charged with anything because he aided and abetted traffickers, rapists and Mexican murders while doing nothing for over two years?
This isnt the trump kingdom of the united states.
And here I thought markj would be the one guy who liked the china joke. no sense of humor pal.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-18-2019, 3:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Agree with you, there is no emergency in any way shape or form.
Immigration has been on a downward trend since the 06,07 financial collapse.

I really hope he goes no where with the emergency BS, its a really bad way to run a democracy. I dont think you repubs will be able to handle what dems may do down the road if this continues. Congress makes decisions on the money, not presidents who think they are kings. If he wants a wall, propose it to congress and get funded the correct way. BTW, if it was an emergency, why wait 2 years to do anything? Especially when he had control of both house and senate the first two years. Do you think he should be charged with anything because he aided and abetted traffickers, rapists and Mexican murders while doing nothing for over two years?
This isnt the trump kingdom of the united states.
And here I thought markj would be the one guy who liked the china joke. no sense of humor pal.
YOU were the one trying to make a case about him leaving. Not me. I’m also not sure how I feel about the way he’s going about getting the wall built and all of the ramifications, but that’s above my pay grade and yours too. Sure, you can parrot whatever the MSM tells you to, but I defy you to speak in an informed way about it. This is a case for lawyers. I 100% support him building the wall and I know for a fact it’ll work as promised. I just hope he can get it done without doing any damage.

As for the joke, I actually did think it was funny... when I heard it the first time from Alec Baldwin on SNL. I also think Trump is one of the most easy people to make fun of. I sure do like his agenda though.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-18-2019, 3:30 PM Reply   
Further confirmation of Republicans in North Carolina committing election fraud.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/02/18/pol...www.cnn.com%2F
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       02-18-2019, 4:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Further confirmation of Republicans in North Carolina committing election fraud.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/02/18/pol...www.cnn.com%2F
All the more reason for a full legitimate accounting of our system
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-18-2019, 4:04 PM Reply   
So you're saying Trump's election fraud commission was.... a fraud? Lol. I guess they were only looking on one side of the aisle...
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-18-2019, 6:51 PM Reply   
Hey do you think “COONMAN” Captin Black Face is thanking his lucky stars that the media had the Jussie / Fake hate crime story to latch on to and take the attention off him?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-18-2019, 8:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
They lost out on tens of thousands of jobs. Amazon can take their ball elsewhere. Amazon still has their ball. NYC doesn’t. Amazon-1 NYC-0
Lost tens of thousands of jobs you say?

A couple of points about Amazon:
1. Amazon doesn't produce anything, they distribute things.
2. The reason Amazon is so successful is they are super efficient at doing so.
3.The efficiency means they can operate with less people, not more resulting in less jobs in the economy not more. ie if amazon wasn't there more people would be required at little mum and pop stores to distribute those same things.

And hey that is fine, that is the way the market works BUT when the Government grossly distorts the market by giving this monster an even bigger advantage with tax breaks which other smaller distributors don't get it makes it impossible for others to compete. Net result, less jobs.

Second point: Amazon made $11B last year. Yay for them. How much tax did they pay? -$14M That's right they earn't $11B and got a $14M refund. That is corporate cronyism anyway you cut it, the tax system is so broken that it allows things like this to happen. You could pay for your stupid wall if these Turkeys payed a reasonable amount of tax.

So you ask why AOC is popular, this is why.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-18-2019, 8:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Hey do you think “COONMAN” Captin Black Face is thanking his lucky stars that the media had the Jussie / Fake hate crime story to latch on to and take the attention off him?
That’s actually a really good point.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-18-2019, 8:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Lost tens of thousands of jobs you say?

A couple of points about Amazon:
1. Amazon doesn't produce anything, they distribute things.
2. The reason Amazon is so successful is they are super efficient at doing so.
3.The efficiency means they can operate with less people, not more resulting in less jobs in the economy not more. ie if amazon wasn't there more people would be required at little mum and pop stores to distribute those same things.

And hey that is fine, that is the way the market works BUT when the Government grossly distorts the market by giving this monster an even bigger advantage with tax breaks which other smaller distributors don't get it makes it impossible for others to compete. Net result, less jobs.

Second point: Amazon made $11B last year. Yay for them. How much tax did they pay? -$14M That's right they earn't $11B and got a $14M refund. That is corporate cronyism anyway you cut it, the tax system is so broken that it allows things like this to happen. You could pay for your stupid wall if these Turkeys payed a reasonable amount of tax.

So you ask why AOC is popular, this is why.
Yes, I say they lost tens of thousands of jobs. Unlike most of our country’s illegal immigrants, you speak English right?

1. So? They provide a service. What’s your point?
2. Duh!!! Should anyone continue responding to you ever?
3. Are you by chance a decendant of a horse and buggy magnate?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-18-2019, 8:54 PM Reply   
I knew Mark was an every sperm is sacred loon - didn’t realize he thought every job was sacred too - hypothetical, half-baked and otherwise. You’re wasting your breath, Ralph.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-18-2019, 9:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
I knew Mark was an every sperm is sacred loon - didn’t realize he thought every job was sacred too - hypothetical, half-baked and otherwise. You’re wasting your breath, Ralph.
Lol! You spend so much time insulting and no time making a point. I’m entertained by the banter, but disappointed by your lack of substance.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-18-2019, 9:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
If only that one sperm would have run out your mom’s butt... you were clearly an A-hole baby.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-18-2019, 9:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Give up? Trust me. I can WASTE YOU in a personal insult contest. Kisses...
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-18-2019, 9:36 PM Reply   
You don’t leave any room for debate. You made it clear that to your mind there are no extenuating circumstances where a potential j o b not happening could not be a bad thing. I simply said it’s not that black and white in every scenario, this one included. Shrug.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-18-2019, 10:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
1. So? They provide a service. What’s your point?
I thought my point was pretty clear, they are replacing jobs with less jobs and the government is subsiding them to do so. Maybe delta will come along and explain it to you soon.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-18-2019, 10:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
You don’t leave any room for debate. You made it clear that to your mind there are no extenuating circumstances where a potential j o b not happening could not be a bad thing. I simply said it’s not that black and white in every scenario, this one included. Shrug.
Did I bump my own Head? What the heck are you saying?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-18-2019, 10:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
I thought my point was pretty clear, they are replacing jobs with less jobs and the government is subsiding them to do so. Maybe delta will come along and explain it to you soon.
WTH? Put down the crack pipe. This was a discussion about a potential new corporate HQ, dummy. Not some random factory sweatshop. Get on your bike and go pick some kiwis.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-18-2019, 11:30 PM Reply   
Look broham, you seem supremely obsessed with butt sex and circle jerks, so I'll try to throw out a few facts in terms you understand.

First of all, the "25,000 jobs" you keep slobbering all over like it's Delta's anus were estimated to come over 10 years, so let's say 2,500ish a year. Perhaps nothing to sneeze at yet in the context of the fact that the NY area is already adding jobs at more than 25x that rate the perspective changes a bit (unless Rod's pubes are in the way of your perspective shift).

Second of all, there are practical considerations and there are philosophical ones. What does this particular community need and how would this decision potentially benefit them (or the opposite)? The whole deal was done in secret, as I alluded to earlier. FOIA requests were seen as hostile and Virginia - the other potential circle jerker here - even agreed to give them up: https://twitter.com/brfreed/status/1062372347280269318

Par for the course in such business deals, you might say, but the reality is neither cuomo nor amazon were looking out for the residents who would be impacted - why would they if they could ram through what they wanted and wave people like you away with a one-liner about "25,000 jobs and pay no attention to the man behind the curtain." Will property costs and rents go through the roof at an alarming/unstable rate, causing issues for current residents? Will transit be able to keep up or suffer? Without even knowing the terms being discussed, how do you think such residents and their local politicians WHO ALSO LIVE THERE and whose job it is to represent those voters should feel?

Just a fraction of the things worth thinking about when it comes to this "deal."
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       02-19-2019, 3:01 AM Reply   
Amazon bad cause media and dems told me so.
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       02-19-2019, 7:09 AM Reply   
I don't understand why people are supporting Amazon over the people this affects. The community and its elected leaders decided the deal was not good for them. It was their choice, they made it. Why the hell do you care if Amazon gets a office in NY or not?
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       02-19-2019, 7:40 AM Reply   
I don't care where Amazon goes. But with universal healthcare, now universal daycare, guaranteed jobs, guaranteed basic income if you don't want to work the, promises of universal utility bills, people of NYC will the be ones wishing Amazon would come back.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-19-2019, 9:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Look broham, you seem supremely obsessed with butt sex and circle jerks, so I'll try to throw out a few facts in terms you understand.

First of all, the "25,000 jobs" you keep slobbering all over like it's Delta's anus were estimated to come over 10 years, so let's say 2,500ish a year. Perhaps nothing to sneeze at yet in the context of the fact that the NY area is already adding jobs at more than 25x that rate the perspective changes a bit (unless Rod's pubes are in the way of your perspective shift).

Second of all, there are practical considerations and there are philosophical ones. What does this particular community need and how would this decision potentially benefit them (or the opposite)? The whole deal was done in secret, as I alluded to earlier. FOIA requests were seen as hostile and Virginia - the other potential circle jerker here - even agreed to give them up: https://twitter.com/brfreed/status/1062372347280269318

Par for the course in such business deals, you might say, but the reality is neither cuomo nor amazon were looking out for the residents who would be impacted - why would they if they could ram through what they wanted and wave people like you away with a one-liner about "25,000 jobs and pay no attention to the man behind the curtain." Will property costs and rents go through the roof at an alarming/unstable rate, causing issues for current residents? Will transit be able to keep up or suffer? Without even knowing the terms being discussed, how do you think such residents and their local politicians WHO ALSO LIVE THERE and whose job it is to represent those voters should feel?

Just a fraction of the things worth thinking about when it comes to this "deal."
Well, you're right about one thing. I WOULD say it's par for the course. Don't like the deal? Don't do the deal. Simple. Stop crying like a snowflake about it. I look at it as though Amazon and NYC tried dating and just didn't make a love connection, followed by some of NYC's chickenschitt friends (like you) talking crap about Amazon. Keep in mind it was Amazon's idea to walk away. The peeps in NYC were a bit surprised at how easily and quickly Amazon took their ball and went home without negotiating further-like ditching that last date at the table.

...and Delta's anus??? EW! Come on!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-19-2019, 9:24 AM Reply   
Wow Wes!!! Your getting all worked up! You defiantly have a sick and twisted Liberial mind. You will fit right back in if you move back to Berkeley you will be right at home with the other loony Libs and freaks.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-19-2019, 9:28 AM Reply   
Mark, what are you talking about? The only snowflakes crying about it are you and your ilk. The point is that the actual people impacted in the neighborhood had NO POWER to choose whether or not to do the deal, and were not invited to participate or even be made aware of the deal conditions until it was already hammered out! So they dealt with it the only way that was offered - by protesting. How exactly would you have recommended that residents who didn't want the "deal" deal with this? What avenues were they given?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-19-2019, 9:43 AM Reply   
How could you ever view my response as crying? I told you I don't even care that they didn't make a deal! It's YOU and your ilk that won't let it go! It's the loony left that want nothing more than to keep up the old-as-dirt, tired-ass cliche'd corporate bashing. You guys are such whiney bores. "Amazon is meeeeean." "Amazon won't allow its workers to unioniiiiize." "Amazon thiiiiis." "Amazon thaaaaat." "Waaaaaaaa."

Bottom line is Amazon will move on, go somewhere else and enrich a different city. Big yawn.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-19-2019, 10:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Mark, what are you talking about? The only snowflakes crying about it are you and your ilk. The point is that the actual people impacted in the neighborhood had NO POWER to choose whether or not to do the deal, and were not invited to participate or even be made aware of the deal conditions until it was already hammered out! So they dealt with it the only way that was offered - by protesting. How exactly would you have recommended that residents who didn't want the "deal" deal with this? What avenues were they given?
You know what's funny? You say, "the only snowflakes crying about it are you and your ilk" and then you go on to cry yourself by saying, "the people impacted in the neighborhood had NO POWER..."

You're too stupid to see your own hypocrisy and contradictions IN YOUR OWN SENTENCES!!! LOL LOL LOL

Give it up. You've been OWNED.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-19-2019, 10:03 AM Reply   
The same way you can characterize the *actual* residents of the area and their local reps as crying lol. They - and we - have already let it go with a "good on them" for looking out for their own community. It's you guys that keep making a big deal about them losing the "big deal!" Hilarious.

And your take may be the bottom line for Amazon, but it's not for the people in Queens. That's the difference in a nutshell - you don't give a chit about them and what they actually want for their neighborhood, only the construction folks who lost out, the politicians (democrats included) who wanted a "win" to tout to the REST of the state at whatever local cost, and amazon themselves. It's the fundamental difference in perspective here - like you said, amazon will be just fine - so stop your whining and case closed.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-19-2019, 10:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
You know what's funny? You say, "the only snowflakes crying about it are you and your ilk" and then you go on to cry yourself by saying, "the people impacted in the neighborhood had NO POWER..."

You're too stupid to see your own hypocrisy and contradictions IN YOUR OWN SENTENCES!!! LOL LOL LOL

Give it up. You've been OWNED.
Stating a fact has now become "crying." Got it. Do explain how the constituents there were involved in the process and had leverage to affect the outcome given how the "deal" went down.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-19-2019, 10:22 AM Reply   
I guess I’ll leave you to cry it out like a child who won’t take a nap. Meanwhile, I’ve been wondering where wake77 went. I think I just found out and learned his real name too: James Phillips. Such a quality, salt of the earth guy.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/man-...223638668.html
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-19-2019, 10:41 AM Reply   
Behold wake77. Hard to recognize him without the gay sailor uniform on. Well, at least his mom can clean out the basement now that he’s locked up for awhile. Lol
Attached Images

Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-19-2019, 10:44 AM Reply   
Lol, ok bub-bye. If you want to talk about real crying, how about your buttboy Trump declaring a national emergency, then flying out for the weekend to golf and whine-tweet about how mean comedy shows are haha. The ultimate snowflake.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-19-2019, 11:01 AM Reply   
Buttboy? Who has the obsession with all the gay stuff now? Umm... YOU DO!

I think it's stupid for him to whine about SNL. He'd be better to learn how to thicken his skin and laugh at himself like most previous prez's. For the record, I think Alec Baldwin does a fabulous impression and the skits are super funny about half of the time. As for Trump leaving, I just went over that with 95sn.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-19-2019, 11:04 AM Reply   
Seriously, read this story. It shows just how unhinged, hateful and intollerant (not to mention dangerous) the left continues to be.
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/man-...223638668.html
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-19-2019, 11:08 AM Reply   
So a guy pushing 60 is grocery shopping with his mama on a Saturday night - and you think this somehow has something to do with "the left" lol. Dude's crazy. I guess we can all agree that some people simply shouldn't have firearms. Great point Mark!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-19-2019, 11:14 AM Reply   
Yes. The leftist wake77 was out getting his super-sized container of Flintstone vitamins with mama and ran into some people with MAGA hats on and couldn't control his hatred. Typical of most leftists.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       02-19-2019, 11:15 AM Reply   
LOL, Pesos who paints with one of the broadest brushes around when it comes to demeaning his political opposition but this sort of crazy **** isn't indicative of the rest of the lunatics on the left. Man, the leftist propaganda media has you brainwashed full tilt, Brownshirt
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-19-2019, 11:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat2wombat View Post
"who paints with one of the broadest brushes around when it comes to demeaning his political opposition" ... "Brownshirt"
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-19-2019, 12:00 PM Reply   
https://www.thedailybeast.com/andrew...a=twitter_page

They all knew. Does this mean McConnel and Ryan were part of the coup?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-19-2019, 1:05 PM Reply   
My question is How come we don't have these "so called" NORMAL lefty's speaking out against the Violence & Intolerance they so loudly protest against? I have no problem painting the left with a wide brush. They are a bunch of wack-a-doos. Shoot up a field full of Republicans playing softball No Problem Not one rally or protest against so called Hard left
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-19-2019, 1:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Behold wake77. Hard to recognize him without the gay sailor uniform on. Well, at least his mom can clean out the basement now that he’s locked up for awhile. Lol
Okay dude, I guess we are all supposed to be cracking up now???

Now, when I make you cry like wombat did the other day, I hope you remember this post. I don't want you to be a little bitch and tell me I shouldn't have went there.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-19-2019, 1:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
My question is How come we don't have these "so called" NORMAL lefty's speaking out against the Violence & Intolerance they so loudly protest against? I have no problem painting the left with a wide brush. They are a bunch of wack-a-doos. Shoot up a field full of Republicans playing softball No Problem Not one rally or protest against so called Hard left
Okay, then I guess all Trumpsters are dumbasses that send non-functioning mail bombs to Democratic politicians. And I guess all Trumpsters drive their car into people that are protesting the Million Man Tiki March.