Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       01-27-2019, 5:23 PM Reply   
I have owned Supras for 15-16 years now. Often buying a new one each year. When I started buying them 15 years ago I knew where they were on the list. It was the start of the wake boarding craze and Mastercraft was the top dog. I didn't want to spend the money on the xstar but they were simply the best. If I organized them at the time Mastercraft was the best builder, then Malibu, then Nautique with brands like Supra and Tige well priced but behind the curve. Years passed and surfing really started to take control of the market. When it did I felt like Nautique took best advantage and truly dominated the market. I still felt Mastercraft built a high quality and nice boat but they were not where Nautique was in the market and what people were using the boats for. I thought Supra had caught Mailbu. This was probably 2013-2017. After visiting the boat show this weekend and looking at all the boats (ordering a new SE) I truly feel that it is simply THE best boat on the market. They have not only caught but passed Nautique imo. Mastercraft is trying to catch up but they are not there, still a great quality boat though. I now feel like Malibu is a distant 4th. I am proud of skiers choice and how far they have come. Just the opinion of a long time boater.