Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       12-15-2018, 9:49 PM Reply   
Over the years I’ve seen a few 2 seater or single seat mini boats with outboards or jet drive- does anyone here own one? What brands are out there etc if a guy wanted to start looking around?
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       12-16-2018, 9:25 AM Reply   
Sea-Doo Sportster 4-TEC I think they called a jet drive version.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-17-2018, 6:56 AM Reply   
I live on the lower San Jacinto River in Houston and those low-profile speedboats are everywhere, but I have been seeing the same ones and no new ones my whole life so I imagine that most were built in the 70s-80s. Couldn't tell you a brand because most have been re-painted/gelled. I would bet there is a club in Houston that you could find that would tell you.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-17-2018, 8:48 AM Reply   
Pretty sure he means these!

They are all over Instagram and quite popular around where I live in BC. There's a couple local companies here making them. Jetstream boats being one of them.

Check out pnwjetboats on IG.

https://www.jetstreamboats.com/
Attached Images

Last edited by bcrider; 12-17-2018 at 8:49 AM. Reason: adding website
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       12-17-2018, 10:23 PM Reply   
i actually was referring to the old school ones built in the 70's and 80's i've seen a few for sale over the years and they look like fun was hoping to get some names to research more... those new ones are next level though!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       12-18-2018, 2:45 PM Reply   
What do we have here!
Name:  img_5tGs5Q8mII.jpg
Views: 1571
Size:  54.1 KB
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       12-20-2018, 8:43 PM Reply   
That’s it! I had an opportunity to buy a yellow one a few years back but passed on it! Imagine going wake to wake on one lol
Old     (TomH)      Join Date: Jan 2014       01-04-2019, 2:16 PM Reply   
Sounds like you're talking about a Fliver/Flying Fliver. Most were tiller drives, but they did make some with steering wheel/controls too.