Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (imoore)      Join Date: Oct 2010       11-06-2017, 4:13 PM Reply   
LAS VEGAS, NV – On Sunday, Nov. 5, Malibu Boats revealed its newest model, the 2018 21 MLX, at the company's annual dealer meeting. Although the reveal was exclusive to dealers, Malibu allowed Active Water Sports the opportunity to do a walkthrough and see new features firsthand.

The 21 MLX is the first boat of its size in the Malibu lineup with a pickle fork bow, creating extra space for more passengers. Considering its length, the 21 MLX is comparable to other Malibu boats of a bigger size. It comes complete with a 13-inch and six-inch touch screen control displays and a button panel for quick access to main functions, like adjusting the Surf Gate and Power Wedge II. The Power Wedge II allows the driver to adjust the length and steepness of the wake and transfer the wake to either side of the boat. The Power Wedge II, and as a new feature the stereo volume, can also be accessed by the rider with the Surf Band, which is an additional feature of the 21 MLX. The boat includes heated storage in the stern and deep storage under all side seats. The boat batteries are stored in the bow with wind block storage, creating more room for ballast and gear in the stern. The boat has room for up to 2,450 pounds of internal ballast, too.

The 21 MLX is available at an affordable price of $82,995. See the new Malibu boat at the Portland Boat Show on Jan. 10 through Jan. 14.

The global leader in watersports towboat sales, Malibu is headquartered along the Tennessee River in Loudon County. Every Malibu boat features the company’s renowned American engineering and meticulous handcraftsmanship, along with the world’s foremost wake and wave-making technology.

Active Water Sports, founded in 1982, is the largest wakeboard and waterski shop in the Pacific Northwest with two shops in Oregon City and Beaverton. In addition to its wide selection of wake accessories from Ronix, Slingshot, Liquid Force, Hyperlite, Radar and HO Skis, it sells high-end boats from Malibu, Axis, Nautique, Moomba and Supra.

###

(Info taken from active water sports website)
Attached Images

Old     (Stazi)      Join Date: Sep 2011       11-06-2017, 4:35 PM Reply   
That's a pretty damn good price. I'm impressed
Old     (cedarcreek216V)      Join Date: Aug 2011       11-06-2017, 7:59 PM Reply   
I would like to see the cabin size. Looks great and price is very attractive, but that bow is huge and the windshield is pretty far back, makes me concerned the cabin space is sacrificed.
Old     (mlzelenik)      Join Date: Apr 2016       11-07-2017, 7:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedarcreek216V View Post
I would like to see the cabin size. Looks great and price is very attractive, but that bow is huge and the windshield is pretty far back, makes me concerned the cabin space is sacrificed.
Wouldn't those who want more cabin opt for the VLX and those who like a bigger bow go with the MLX?
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       11-07-2017, 10:31 AM Reply   
Why would I buy an Axis when I could have a Malibu.
Old     (infinitysurf)      Join Date: Apr 2017       11-07-2017, 1:18 PM Reply   
Much rather have larger cabin and smaller bow....and makes me wonder how much bow rise it will have (unless several adults are in bow or that is where you stack the lead bags). No one in my crew except the kids like to hang out in the bow....party is in the cabin!
Old     (Darkside)      Join Date: Apr 2015       11-07-2017, 3:38 PM Reply   
Interesting move a 21' spork.... they cut the 20' MXZ because no one wanted it. Maybe the 21' budget version will fare better. It's also interesting to see the midgrade come back. The smart thing is they did not match Axis sizing.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       11-07-2017, 4:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark197 View Post
Why would I buy an Axis when I could have a Malibu.
“Buy the biggest boat you can afford”

As long as you can scoop a loaded up modestly optioned a24/t23 or loaded to the gills t22/a22 for that price or less, this boat is irrelevant to me
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       11-07-2017, 5:52 PM Reply   
Not sure the biggest boat thing you can afford works totally. There are a large number of people that find the Axis awful to look at. Something is telling me this will have a much bigger crowd, especially for a bunch of people that don't need to haul 14 people around.
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       11-08-2017, 7:09 AM Reply   
that things ugly
Old     (hunter991)      Join Date: Jul 2016       11-09-2017, 8:05 AM Reply   
Love it.. I have a MC now so i love pickle fork design. It adds room up front for the kids. Love the pricing too. Malibu is doing a nice job lately.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-09-2017, 11:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALIV210 View Post
that things ugly
+1
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       11-09-2017, 12:36 PM Reply   
They should of priced it the same as the 21 VLX model. Or slightly cheaper since it doesn't look as nice as the VLX to me. MLX almost looks like MLK, I think of Milk. lol
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       11-09-2017, 2:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullspeed View Post
They should of priced it the same as the 21 VLX model. Or slightly cheaper since it doesn't look as nice as the VLX to me. MLX almost looks like MLK, I think of Milk. lol

Pickle fork boats are more expensive to build, hence the slight price increase.
Old     (cbarguy1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       11-14-2017, 9:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter991 View Post
Love it.. I have a MC now so i love pickle fork design. It adds room up front for the kids. Love the pricing too. Malibu is doing a nice job lately.
Agree, nice looking and price sounds OK. The devil is in the options. Would not pay $100k+ for it. Too many other good options in the over $100k range. Good to have choices though.