Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (cek)      Join Date: Sep 2013       11-29-2016, 8:16 PM Reply   
Just sold our Tige Z1. Looking for a bigger boat and want to stay under 80k. I already know the Z3 is on my list but how about a Malibu 23lsv. Anyone have any surf experience behind the 23lsv?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-30-2016, 5:21 AM Reply   
LSV is great on the goofy side, not nearly as good on the regular side (but can get better with some listing in that direction).

The difference being that on the goofy side the wave is a bit more vert, with a defined lip, while the regular side is more of a roller without as much lip.

Neither side will get as steep as a listed z3 if you are used to the big vert wall of a fully weighted tige wave.
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       11-30-2016, 2:04 PM Reply   
For my opinion if you're surfing most of the time stay with tige.
They really got the best surfwave on the market.
and the z3 even most. For me the z3 is the top1 surfboat.
Sure the lsv is a really great boat. My neighbor have a 2015 22vlx, yeah i know its not the same boat but its the same surfgate and.. i still prefer my z1 wave.
Tige waves win over surgate but its just my feeling.
Malibu's are more flashy, more "overall"
tige are more centered on the sport we like much.
Its up to you! Neither of these boats are a bad choice.
They both have their pos and neg, just depend on your needs.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-30-2016, 3:31 PM Reply   
If you are looking for more of a surf specific boat you should also look at the Supreme's and Centurions. Otherwise I definitely hear good things about a listed Z3.
Old     (mo_scrilla)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-30-2016, 4:21 PM Reply   
If you want bang for your buck ...might I suggest the Axis T23 ...it has everything you would ever want and for a really reasonable price!
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       11-30-2016, 5:25 PM Reply   
..? Why should he buy a t23 if he's looking a lsv? Axis is the economic brand of malibu and the t23 is exactly the cheap version of the lsv!
Sorry no offense.. but if i was in his place ( looking to upgrade from my z1) i definitely not consider axis and reduce my budget..
but after thinking 2sec i doubt you can have a lsv for 80k.. instead of an old one. So yeah finally i'll maybe consider a newer axis haha
Old     (cek)      Join Date: Sep 2013       11-30-2016, 6:59 PM Reply   
I have pricing on a 'new 16 23lsv and a new '16 Z3 and they are both pretty close to 80k. With snow coming here I think I can get either within my budget or very close.
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       12-01-2016, 4:30 AM Reply   
Oh nice! Its true that in the off season like that you can get incredible price on '16 models. But normally the lsv is a little bit higher priced than the z3..
Its pretty much for flashy options and most poeple prefer malibus look. (Honestly i dont know why!)
Still i think you are in better hand with tige.
You already had one, Why you wanna change for worst! Haha just kidding.
And welcome in the tigeowners family
Old     (viper548)      Join Date: Dec 2016       12-02-2016, 8:13 AM Reply   
I was looking for the same thing with the same budget and went with the 2017 Moomba Mojo. It interior feels much nicer than the T23. We love the sliding rear seat. Supreme S238 was my second choice.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-02-2016, 10:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike88 View Post
..? Why should he buy a t23 if he's looking a lsv? Axis is the economic brand of malibu and the t23 is exactly the cheap version of the lsv!
Sorry no offense.. but if i was in his place ( looking to upgrade from my z1) i definitely not consider axis and reduce my budget..
but after thinking 2sec i doubt you can have a lsv for 80k.. instead of an old one. So yeah finally i'll maybe consider a newer axis haha
Umm because his budget is 80k?

You can get a t23 for 80k all day well loaded. A 23 lsv? Used market
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       12-02-2016, 2:37 PM Reply   
Yeah exactly what i said in the end
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       12-03-2016, 5:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper548 View Post
I was looking for the same thing with the same budget and went with the 2017 Moomba Mojo. It interior feels much nicer than the T23. We love the sliding rear seat. Supreme S238 was my second choice.
We were going to get an axis but my wife hated the interio and the lack of storage. Then we were positive we were gonna get a supreme but then I tested my MB and was sold
Old     (tmill)      Join Date: May 2011       12-03-2016, 7:06 AM Reply   
if you can increase your budget our local dealer has a Centurion RI 237 for sale for a deal that i really cant advertise. It will be over what you are looking to pay but why not just jump to the best surf boat around? IT is a promo boat so has hours but still a screaming deal.
Old     (cek)      Join Date: Sep 2013       12-03-2016, 12:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmill View Post
if you can increase your budget our local dealer has a Centurion RI 237 for sale for a deal that i really cant advertise. It will be over what you are looking to pay but why not just jump to the best surf boat around? IT is a promo boat so has hours but still a screaming deal.
Motoplex?
Old     (tmill)      Join Date: May 2011       12-03-2016, 4:20 PM Reply   
Yes ask them about my promo boat
Old     (That_Guy)      Join Date: Aug 2015 Location: Central Ohio       12-04-2016, 5:34 AM Reply   
Never surfed a Moomba but I'm sure you could get a loaded Mojo for under $80k, which is a 23' boat.