Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (snyderaaron)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-30-2013, 7:09 PM Reply   
Which is easier?
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-30-2013, 7:37 PM Reply   
HS FS for me
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-01-2013, 3:49 AM Reply   
HS BS for me. It really depends in which direction you feel more comfortable spinning.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-01-2013, 6:12 AM Reply   
Most people, frontside.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-01-2013, 6:17 AM Reply   
TS FS is the easiest, learn that and then he FS is cake.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-01-2013, 6:41 AM Reply   
depends. But HS FS and TS FS are typically the first two spins somebody learns..

Fun factor BS is more fun personally. I am super addicted to Toeside Backside spinning at the moment.

AS simple J stated TS FS is probably the easiest to learn, really in a TS FS spin your just moving the handle to the small of your back and you can land wrapped very easily.
Old     (ToPHeR35)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-01-2013, 8:04 AM Reply   
HS FS for sure
Old     (snyderaaron)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-01-2013, 7:32 PM Reply   
Here's my problem, i can't get the rope spinning frontside. I always seems to have better pull with my left hand so figured it would be easier to go backside. Any suggesttions on how to get the handle pass frontside.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-01-2013, 11:47 PM Reply   
here you go!!!

Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-02-2013, 6:34 AM Reply   
make a handle pass trainer. ITs super easy, it was a Kyle Schimdt devise back in the day.

Take a gallon milk jug and fill it with sand.
tie a 24 inch bungie to the Milk in a loop.
Connect a wakeboard handle to the bungie.

get plenty of room and practice spinning the contraption around you, effectively your handle passing. the faster you spinn the more resistance the bungie will provide. Once you've gotten real comfortable spinning the handle around you, start actively moving your body in the opposite direction further increasing the speed of the pass. This will help you big time with muscle memory and get you more comfortable and confident in passing the handle.
Old     (Wakeska89)      Join Date: Jan 2011       07-02-2013, 12:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_nintzel View Post
AS simple J stated TS FS is probably the easiest to learn, really in a TS FS spin your just moving the handle to the small of your back and you can land wrapped very easily.
Can you explain how you land wrapped very easily. I do pretty consistent ts 3s and back 1s but I pass the handle right before I land. I have been trying for a long time to figure out how to land wrapped. I get it every now and then, but its always super sketchy. Too much line tension. What do you guys think about when landing wrapped?
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       07-02-2013, 12:26 PM Reply   
I can't even land wrapped off of small cable park features. It's more difficult than it looks.
Old     (tahoeguy7)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-02-2013, 2:01 PM Reply   
Backside has always been easier for me on 360's with regard to the handle pass. The spin is slower though.
Old     (snyderaaron)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-02-2013, 5:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsiderippa View Post
here you go!!!

already made one of those, dont think its helping