Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (dreamer)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-31-2014, 7:58 PM Reply   
Has anyone done it? If so, where did you tap in for your hot water source. I've got my Heatercraft shower kit and I'm ready to install but just want to make sure.

The engine is a closed circuit cooling system so I assume I have to tap in between the heat exchanger and one of the exhaust manifolds.
Old     (dreamer)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-31-2014, 9:15 PM Reply   
Here is the water flow diagram. I'm thinking I would get cold water before the heat exchanger and hot water after.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf PCM409.pdf (103.2 KB, 234 views)
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-01-2014, 2:31 PM Reply   
Use the closed cooling, not the lake water. One tap into the circ pump and the other off the top side of the thermostat housing. Ask PCM to be certain.
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-01-2014, 2:42 PM Reply   
How can you use the closed cooling. It has coolant in it iso water.
I'm interested too. Second kid is coming and first one ready to play on the boat ;-).
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-01-2014, 2:54 PM Reply   
The same way all the cruising boats use it for their water heaters and the RV application of that block uses it for cabin heaters.. There is a suction side of the circulating pump. Its the plug next to fat bottom hose. There should also be a plug on the thermostat housing or intake manifold. Use those. Sure will make winterizing easier and you will have regulated heat at a constant 160* at the coil. Like I said, call PCM to get the exact location of each tap point. I only gave you the general area as i dont have one my driveway to check. It is 100% doable and the only option when you have closed loop cooling IMO.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-01-2014, 3:12 PM Reply   
Make sure you use good ball vales at both tap points both for service and safety but most importantly so you don't roast your nutz off all summer.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-01-2014, 3:51 PM Reply   
Baitkliller I think you are thinking a heater, not a shower. For a shower he needs a source of hot fresh water, so he will need to tap into the pressure side of the hot raw water, not the coolant.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-01-2014, 4:15 PM Reply   
Oh snap.... you said shower... I haven't slept well lately.... believe it or not I'm sober too... so sad to loose it so young..