Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-02-2014, 6:02 PM Reply   
Jobe Conflict. Just got it today. Softest landing I've experienced. Super fast on the sliders. And grips on edge like it has molded fins even though it doesn't. Finally found a board that has it all. Super flexie even though I don't have the pressing skills to take advantage of it yet. This is Jobe rider Julian Cohen's new design and he hit the mark!
Attached Images

Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-02-2014, 8:44 PM Reply   
You make it sound pretty great, i wish i knew someone around the dallas area who had one so i could give it a try. Maybe Julian will let me try his next time i run into him.
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       03-03-2014, 3:35 AM Reply   
Saw this Zimbabwean dude ripping the biggest front to blinds on that board Saturday at blue rock in Cape Town
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-03-2014, 5:45 AM Reply   
John what prior boards have you ridden describe the differences in each and lets see a close up of the bottom of this board..thanks

btw wheres the stats on the jobe?
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-03-2014, 5:53 AM Reply   
I found this link but with the camo type design its hard to see bottom profile. However from the looks of it looks a little like a Watson hybrid as far as bottom features go but again hard to tell..

http://www.jobesports.com/products/w...eboard-series/
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-03-2014, 6:23 AM Reply   
Bill, I've been partial to and own molded fin boards. Motive -> CTRL RX -> Whip -> Witness Grind -> Tex for the grip on air tricks. Have a Peak but couldn't warm up to it. My favorite board at the LF tryouts was the Bob but couldn't deal with ponying up $500 for it, and couldn't find a deal. I like this board better than the Bob. I've tried quite a few other boards, but none really grabbed me like this one did the first time I tested it.
Attached Images

Last edited by fly135; 03-03-2014 at 6:26 AM.
Old     (Dustfarter)      Join Date: Jun 2010       03-03-2014, 7:03 PM Reply   
I may buy it just cause Julien is such a rad dude and I'd like to support him........
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-04-2014, 5:34 AM Reply   
who sells Jobe, whats the msrp on this thing? isn't that an old Hyperlite/HO company..

John how fast is this thing? how controlled is it on sliders and how does it feel off a kicker with big kick? landings?

keep us posted..
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-04-2014, 6:44 AM Reply   
Bill, not sure what it goes for. I don't think they have hit the stores yet. Performance Ski doesn't have Jobe yet, but Julian mentioned that they would be getting it soon. Jobe has been around for 40 years, but not much in the way of wakeboards from what I can tell. That may put up obstacles for recognition, but I'm sold. Even though I have lots of reasons to support Julian, my praise for this board is solely on it's merits WRT how it works for me.

Because it's so fast on the sliders I get a bigger boost off the kickers. I have a bad habit of throwing my trick too soon and hence too low when the board slows down. On the Conflict it felt like I was waiting until I reached the top before throwing the trick. I was surprised by the boost the first few times I launched off the XL kicker both for my backroll and my scarecrow, plus I was overspinning my threes until I compensated. I am stoked on this board helping me kick it up a bit this year. The soft landings will give me a lot more confidence.

WRT control on the sliders I like my board slippery. And right now it is. Julian said that would tame a bit after a while but I hope it's not much.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-04-2014, 6:55 AM Reply   
Looks great John. Are you coming down to Revolution April 11 for the LF free-for-all? I bought Cam the new Bill and he is tearing it up.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-04-2014, 7:08 AM Reply   
I am planning to come down for the LF Free for All. We'll see how the board holds up to that ramp across the lake from the starting dock. It crushed the molded fins on my Witness Grind. See you there!
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-04-2014, 8:16 AM Reply   
They built a new one that is swoopy not flat. Everybody like it much better.
See you there.
Old     (Hooya)      Join Date: Aug 2011       03-04-2014, 10:47 AM Reply   
Jobe are pretty popular in Uk/Europe.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-08-2014, 10:40 AM Reply   
Ive tried contacting them, so far no go.. they need some help with marketing and promotion here in the states..I can help, send me a promo/demo at cost and ill ride it at 5 different parks and behind the boat here in DFW,TX, how's that? ~
Old     (cjobil43)      Join Date: Dec 2013       03-25-2014, 8:11 AM Reply   
i believe Jobe's factory store for the US is a retail shop in Orlando. You can walk right in and buy direct from jobe in said shop. I could be wrong though
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-25-2014, 8:45 AM Reply   
I don't know who these guys are, but the are the only shop in the US I saw listing it for sale.

http://www.chokaboards.com/product/c...ark-wakeboard/
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-26-2014, 6:10 AM Reply   
I was able to get arep to contact me and have a conflict coming..stay tuned for real world review..
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-26-2014, 6:11 AM Reply   
Nice Bill. Looking forward to hear what you think.
Old     (petrie141)      Join Date: Jun 2012       03-26-2014, 6:31 AM Reply   
Yeah Yeah Yeah, the board looks cool. But I want to know more about that Egnater and Bugera in the background.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-26-2014, 7:49 AM Reply   
The Egnater I bought when they first came out. It's a solid amp. The Bugera, which looks mint, I picked up for $50 because the clean channel won't come on when selected. Been meaning to fix it but spending too much time riding the cable. In fact, all the things that I need to do aren't getting done because I spend too much time riding the cable.
Old     (petrie141)      Join Date: Jun 2012       03-26-2014, 7:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
The Egnater I bought when they first came out. It's a solid amp. The Bugera, which looks mint, I picked up for $50 because the clean channel won't come on when selected. Been meaning to fix it but spending too much time riding the cable. In fact, all the things that I need to do aren't getting done because I spend too much time riding the cable.
Ha, I hear that. I haven't mowed the lawn in a while but I've been to the lake a lot! Good looking amps.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-26-2014, 8:51 AM Reply   
My neighbors mow my lawn! LOL. I feel guilty every time I'm putting my wakeboard in the car and see them out working in the yard. Apparently not guilty enough though.