Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-12-2015, 11:15 AM Reply   
Just wondering what you think of what seems like a (new trend) here in Ca it's pretty rare that you see this flag flying. But after recent events (the removal of the flag) in some government buildings it's like people that have never flew the flag are now flying it? Is it some sort of protest just wondering why people are all of s sudden flying it? And does it have any meaning to you?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-12-2015, 11:17 AM Reply   
This guys got all 3
1.old glory
2. Stars and Bars
3. Pirate.
Attached Images

Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-12-2015, 2:56 PM Reply   
no meaning whatsoever. you lost the war, move along redneck. been seeing them more lately too
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-12-2015, 4:16 PM Reply   
I didn't want to take the stance if you fly the flag your a hillbilly but I have to admit that's my first Impression. (My reason) you don't see prominent looking people and or residence flying it much less vehicles. Now I know just because your not rocking 100k car your a hillbilly but come on some real ghetto rides rock the Stars and Bars. Same go's for the Raiders flag. But that's just my opinion.

Back to the original subject. For many youngsters the stars and bars represents nothing but what they have been told "hate". But I think for others pituitary in the south it may represent something more. This was a war that tore this county in 2 and pit brother against brother. I think for these family's it has more meaning. A time in this county that was very turbulent. When you wickpida US civil war the amount of Americans that killed others Americans was huge. This flag represents way more then Black Vs White IMO, and that's what I wanted to hopefully understand in this thread.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       08-12-2015, 5:56 PM Reply   
II always think of the Dukes of Hazzard when I see it. And of course those Daisy Dukes. Hmmm....Which Daisy is best? Cathrine Bach or Jessica Simpson. Sorry, I'm getting off topic... But I grew up in CA far from the typical stereotypes the confederate flag is associated with.

Usually only see one around where I live now in western WA flying from some asshat in an old POS pick up Rollin coal. YeeHawwww!!!!
Old    bigdtx            08-13-2015, 6:10 AM Reply   
Last NASCAR race I was at out at Texas Motor Speedway the stars and bars outnumbered old glory by about 100 to 1.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-13-2015, 8:04 AM Reply   
I see a handful flying from rusted out ****ty lifted trucks from the 80's and early 90's here in in Wisconsin .... never understood it. We're "the north" here... and 99% of those flying it grew up here .... so not exactly sure their intent has anything other than a "redneck" vibe.

.... on one hand I don't give a ****, because, well it means nothing to me ... but I get why people want it gone.
The closest thing I can equate it too would be if someone with strong German background flew a Nazi flag.... are they wrong?... yeah, that's a ****ty thing to do and they lost the war; just like the south.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-13-2015, 9:29 AM Reply   
the idiots with them flying from their trucks, the flags will be tattered to chit in a few days. I knew racism wasn't dead, but this much racial tension in 2015 is getting a bit ridiculous.

and Grant I typically enjoy your lack of spelling skills, but pituitary bro?? what were you shooting for there?!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-13-2015, 9:53 AM Reply   
Nacho : Pituitary lol I mention to say piticular,
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       08-13-2015, 9:57 AM Reply   
I think its more then a racial thing I think its more about rights and the first amendment I think middle America is tired of having our constitutional rights stripped away one at a time . I don't really wanna get into politics but I fear for our country and the way they keep ripping the very fabric of our country to shreds . With that said I have read and understand the history behind it and I see what the real pride is in that flag not the redneck version . I dont fly it I probably never would but I understand it . Plus I'm half Mexican so Id probably look like a fool doing it lol

As for the best Daisy Duke I'd have to lean towards the Jessica Simpson version I think that was the best shes ever looked .
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-13-2015, 9:59 AM Reply   
just leavin' this here....
Attached Images

Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-13-2015, 10:45 AM Reply   
great Forrest, thanks for the contribution to the thread.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-13-2015, 12:21 PM Reply   
CALIV210 you are correct.

For many, it's not a racial thing. It's all about rights and rebellion against Big Government.

If the media and big brother try to outlaw the flag, it will just spread faster. That's exactly what the flag is all about. I personally don't own one, but am tired of governments increasing involvement in my life and my business. So, I understand the need to express it.
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       08-13-2015, 12:59 PM Reply   
States and other American governments had no business flying this flag. It was a spit in the face to our United nation in my opinion.

Individuals, on the other hand, have EVERY right to fly that flag. I don't like what it represents but that doesn't change the rights guaranteed to us by the U.S. Constitution. State's rights and the rights of individuals vary greatly by our Constitutional laws as states are not people. Note that no one has even attempted recently to make flying the confederate flag illegal. You can still fly the Nazi flag without prosecution as well. People in Germany cannot say the same.

Besides, when rednecks fly the stars and bars I know not to show them any respect other than what is required by law.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-13-2015, 6:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverRider View Post
States and other American governments had no business flying this flag. It was a spit in the face to our United nation in my opinion.

Individuals, on the other hand, have EVERY right to fly that flag. I don't like what it represents but that doesn't change the rights guaranteed to us by the U.S. Constitution. State's rights and the rights of individuals vary greatly by our Constitutional laws as states are not people. Note that no one has even attempted recently to make flying the confederate flag illegal. You can still fly the Nazi flag without prosecution as well. People in Germany cannot say the same.

Besides, when rednecks fly the stars and bars I know not to show them any respect other than what is required by law.
Perfectly stated.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       08-15-2015, 9:30 AM Reply   
Meh I'll jump in.

Before this I always thought of it as a rebellion thing, F big government, or just plain redneck narrow minded stupidity.

It's not my business what flag you want to fly. Stars and Bars. Gay Pride. Whatever. You're equally as able to fly a pro-whatever symbol as you are an anti-whatever symbol. Thats part of equal rights. I'm always gonna judge you by how I see you treat others or me.

That being said, because of all the liberal media making a huge issue out of now I cannot look at it as anything but a racist symbol.
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-15-2015, 10:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverRider View Post

Agreed. Growing up I was about as country as they come but we never flew that flag. Those who did in the community where considered... Hmm there no real word for it. Not ignorant but kind of tacky? I'm not sure. My friends dad had paintings and various reproduction war artifices in his cabin of general lee and other southern generals.. But no confederate flags. It wasn't a southern pride thing in my area. Southern pride where the men and women who woke up at 3 am and tended to their land, their dairy/livestock etc. they were proud of their roots and proud of using their hands and working the land.

So now, I see the flag and i just have this biased opinion that those people are 1. Not hard workers to begin with or 2. Posers with Jumping on a bandwagon just as bad as those dreaded "librals" that they can't stop talking about.

Usually they have a pavement princess truck that's never seen real off-road or some ridiculous ride doing the damn Carolina squat.
Old     (Froggy)      Join Date: Nov 2013       08-17-2015, 4:31 AM Reply   
I never cared about the Confederate flag until the geniuses in South Carolina decided that instead of blaming a wacked out red neck for killing 9 people it was the flag that he was seen with.
I wonder what would have happened if he was seen with a rainbow gay flag? Bottom line if you don't want to have a problem with the police stop doing things that require them to get involved?
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-17-2015, 7:42 AM Reply   
We fly a traditional flag every day at are house. We are actually going to do a proper flag burning service for some of the neighbors tattered/old flags. We are researching with Boy Scouts and VFW that we are going to teach the kids correctly. We have several military in the group and so we want to make sure to follow all the protocol and pass it down to all of our kids.
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       08-17-2015, 1:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalow View Post
We fly a traditional flag every day at are house. We are actually going to do a proper flag burning service for some of the neighbors tattered/old flags. We are researching with Boy Scouts and VFW that we are going to teach the kids correctly. We have several military in the group and so we want to make sure to follow all the protocol and pass it down to all of our kids.

NICE !!! I love that