Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (rucks22)      Join Date: May 2012       03-30-2017, 9:17 AM Reply   
Wake World community I have a 2015 Supra SC400 that I bought new in July 15' from South Austin Marine, the boat cover that came with the boat has leaked since day one. I'm not talking about small little puddles of water thought out the boat but major puddles in all the rear storage compartments and the compartments below both sides of the tower.

I've been going back and forth with my dealer about getting a new cover under warranty (Supra has since updated the covers) but I keep getting the run around that Skiers Choice doesn't want to replace my cover under warranty.

What are my options or what do you guys recommend I do next? I'm not sure why a manufacture would offer a 3 / 5 year warranty bow to stern and then not back their product...
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-30-2017, 12:01 PM Reply   
Is it a sumberella fabric cover?
Old     (rucks22)      Join Date: May 2012       03-30-2017, 1:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonblarc7 View Post
Is it a sumberella fabric cover?
Yes it's a lot like the sumberella fabric. Not sure who the actual manufacture of the cover is.
Old     (patrick232)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-30-2017, 4:26 PM Reply   
Are you sure it's not running down the tower inside the cover? I know on my Moomba the round part is wider than the rest of the tower and water comes in here.
Old     (Squamer)      Join Date: Oct 2015       03-31-2017, 4:24 AM Reply   
try cleaning it then applying 303 Fabric guard. use it on my 5 year old cover that was leaking and it is now like brand new
Old     (rucks22)      Join Date: May 2012       03-31-2017, 6:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick232 View Post
Are you sure it's not running down the tower inside the cover? I know on my Moomba the round part is wider than the rest of the tower and water comes in here.
Yeah I sure some of the water is coming in from the inside of the tower since it doesn't fit snuggly around the base of the tower.
Old     (rucks22)      Join Date: May 2012       03-31-2017, 6:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squamer View Post
try cleaning it then applying 303 Fabric guard. use it on my 5 year old cover that was leaking and it is now like brand new
I will try that since you said it made a difference. What did you use to clean it with? I even have some black mold spots on the inside of the cover.
Old     (rucks22)      Join Date: May 2012       03-31-2017, 6:56 AM Reply   
I ended up calling Skier's Choice customer care line yesterday and spoke with a representative about my boat cover issue, we shall see what happens next.
Old     (T_A)      Join Date: Feb 2013       03-31-2017, 6:59 AM Reply   
You need to rewaterproof covers every year if they are stored outside. Most of the water is likely coming in from the tower leg holes. Find a way to cinch those up to keep water out. Since your cover isn't torn, I wouldn't expect much from warranty.
Old     (Squamer)      Join Date: Oct 2015       03-31-2017, 7:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rucks22 View Post
I will try that since you said it made a difference. What did you use to clean it with? I even have some black mold spots on the inside of the cover.
Don't remember specifically but something mild like dawn dish soap and a light brush.

Followed this guys instructions pretty closely and was shocked.

http://www.centurioncrew.com/index.p...guarded-cover/

Get some 303 fabric guard (gallon) - http://www.amazon.co...ic guard gallon
Buy sprayer (Amazon recommended this one) - http://www.amazon.co...G7K08JN6Y8BK4ZT
Purchase some Woolite and mix a cap full into a bucket of water
I draped the cover over 2 garbage cans and propped up the center with a ladder and a few stools balancing on top of each other. Your propping tools may differ!
coat the cover in sections with the water/Woolite mixture (I did this by using a long handled brush and then splattered it on)
Scrub each section and rinse off before it dries
Let cover dry
Spray the cover in overlapping sections with the 303 fabric guard. I applied 2 coats to the entire cover and did a 3rd coat on the top/areas where possible pooling can occur.
Let cover dry
Done.
Old     (Bagar55)      Join Date: Aug 2013 Location: Mineral, Va       03-31-2017, 7:55 AM Reply   
I had my cover on my old Supra repaired at a custom boat cover shop. They were super knowledgeable about the sunbrella material and covers in general. I was really impressed with the work and care they put in. They recommended two products. Mighty Brite powder cleaner for cleaning the fabric and mildew and 303 Fabric guard to re waterproof the fabric. Suggestion for cleaning was to mix up the required amount of might brite in bathtub and let cover soak in mixture in tub. I actually soaked it twice as the amount of dirt and mildew coming off the cover was amazing. I stirred the cover around every 30-45 minutes or so to sort of replicate a washing machine. After soak I took outside and thoroughly hosed down. A couple stubborn spots got a little extra scrubbing. It was a very impressive result and the cover looked awesome. After drying for a couple days I applied the 303 fabric guard with spray bottle. Allowed to dry and put cover on boat. The fabric guard is awesome. It works exactly as you would think. Water beads right up and rolls off cover.