Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Chancew94)      Join Date: Feb 2015       03-29-2017, 12:49 PM Reply   
I pulled the trigger on a 2014 Axis A22 this past weekend. Flew from Oklahoma City to Wisconsin and test dove it. The dealerships ship guy is currently unavailable so that's why I've turned to here.

Has anyone had any good luck with a certain shipping company? I just put in a request for a quote on Uship so far. I'd drive up to get it if I had the time.

Thanks!
Old     (Spotless)      Join Date: May 2016       03-29-2017, 7:17 PM Reply   
I've told this story many times on Wakeworld, but when my son, Nick, was sales manager at Knoxville Watersports, customer paid UShip for transport from TN to CA. This was not initiated by dealership but customer. Uship dude shows up with a 4.0L Jeep and hitches up to a 24 foot Supra. Nick questions how jeep tow capacity is under-rated, his reply was, not my Jeep, the owner is a dumb ass paying Uship to bring to California. Jeep and 24 Supra left Tennessee. I would never use this shipping service.
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-29-2017, 7:37 PM Reply   
I used u ship to ship from Cali to Minnesota and it was a good experience. You can have the bidders give you a call and talk to them. A lot of semi drivers bid on it but the problem was getting boat and trailer on and off the flat bed. Ended up with a guy that pulled boat on trailer with a Ford F-350.
Old     (monkey_butt)      Join Date: Sep 2011 Location: Twin Cities       03-30-2017, 7:00 AM Reply   
Used it the 2nd time this year to get a boat towed. First time experience was flawless but this time was a cluster. Put bid up 4 weeks before boat was ready/scheduled to be released. Guy is quick to contact me after accepting bid - everything seems to be fine. Well factory gives me a 5 day window and guy doesn't respond until 2 days before window expires and says - yep I'll be there. Morning of last day no show and finally get a hold of him to be told truck won't start. I'm at a client site and now scramble to get boat outta there - Malibu is calling me ... so just plain bad. Luckily a guy close by can pull it out if their lot the same day as I wasn't in a hurry to get it to MN. This guy was awesome but it was a pain to cancel first bid - put new one up and get money back even though uship staff was very helpful. If you're a BoatUS member go thru their website as you won't pay a processing fee and 2nd only certain shippers can bid. Avoid anybody with negative feedback - no matter what and stay away from brokers. And no uship will cancel a communication with a carrier if you ask for phone number etc. their systems flag this type of communication immediately and block it. So you may have to go via their website back and forth with questions/reply but that's what it is. As said 2nd guy was awesome but learned a lesson. Maybe one more thing: the closer a guy to your actual pickup location the better but also more expensive ...

Last edited by monkey_butt; 03-30-2017 at 7:03 AM.
Old     (21vride)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-01-2017, 12:36 PM Reply   
https://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/f...oat-1000-miles
Old     (21vride)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-01-2017, 12:36 PM Reply   
Purchased a boat from Buxton in Texas last month and had it shipped to California. Was going to use uship but got cold feet after hearing some nightmares. Ended up using a shipper that Buxton has been using for years. He has all the proper documentation. Eric will even shrink wrap your boat for the journey. Made it in 2 days. Highly recommend Eric. He can be reached at (682) 999-6112
Old     (Chancew94)      Join Date: Feb 2015       04-02-2017, 1:36 PM Reply   
Thanks fellas, I ended up using UShip. It should be here by 8pm tonight. So far he was 3 hours late to pick it up and is 4 hours late to drop it off. I think he picked up another shipment on his way, I wouldnt mind except he told me that he was already coming straight to OKC and not picking any other shipments up. But as long as it gets here in the same condition as when I bought it ill be happy.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-06-2017, 11:37 AM Reply   
I have used Uship and had good experience, but you need to do your homework. You can use a watch service that is free on Uship that allows you to see that their insurance and safety record is on parr. I believe you can also see peer reviews??? I would also talk to them and get a feel for their vehicle and their demeanor. Not always best to go with the lowest bid, but pick the right person for the job.
Old     (Chancew94)      Join Date: Feb 2015       04-06-2017, 12:02 PM Reply   
The boat was shipped successfully Sunday evening! And the cover did great he said the whole way. It rained on them the last 2 hours.