Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (RideClaytorVT)      Join Date: Oct 2010       12-03-2014, 9:08 AM Reply   
I filmed a some wakeboarding with a drone (DJI Phantom 2 w/FPV) during the last few weeks of summer down in Blacksburg, Virginia with the Virginia Tech Wakeboard Team. This was my first time filming wakeboarding with a drone and the shots look pretty good I thought. Let me know what you think of the video! I shot at 1080p @ 60 fps and conformed the speed of the footage to 30fps so things are slightly slow-mo (half speed). The video is about 2.5 mins long. Song is by Alt-J and is called Left hand Free.

Here is the link to the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SjCgkrO5uM
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       12-03-2014, 9:46 AM Reply   
Man I love that drone footage. Nice video, entertaining to watch.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-03-2014, 9:53 AM Reply   
It's absolutely awesome what drones have done for capturing sports. Even watching the Peace Park video that new angles and shots available with drones is so cool and provides such a different perspective that you could only capture with an helicopter in the past. Even then a helicopter couldn't be as tight to a rider and give the same point of views. The drones are a mix of a boom camera and helicopter in one......for a lot less money too.
Old     (PerformanceImages)      Join Date: Jul 2014       12-03-2014, 6:40 PM Reply   
Hey Grant, Awesome Video. I went to Tech and road on Claytor Lake back in the day. I'm working with a Company on selling a waterproof drone here in the US. I do a lot of wakeboard and powerboat photography. Take a look at this and give me your thoughts on what you think this could do from a video standpoint in the wakeboard community. I've done some testing with it and it's pretty awesome but haven't gotten the chance yet to fly it with a wakeboarder. If anyone else is interested in one or more information let me know. http://www.performance-images.com/Po...Mariner-Drone/

Here is one of the test videos I did last week on the waterproofing.

Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       12-03-2014, 7:27 PM Reply   
^^ Awesome. I'm not buying one till they can all do that!
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-03-2014, 7:40 PM Reply   
Grant and I were talking that day about how they need to come out with a waterproof one, looks awesome! Catching the drone over water was pretty nerve wracking. Waterproofing seems like a no brainer
Old     (PerformanceImages)      Join Date: Jul 2014       12-03-2014, 7:54 PM Reply   
Yeh, I was using this at SML last weekend. I let the battery run too low and it just landed and I still had juice to taxi it back to the dock. It work pretty good with the vibration isolation on the waterproof gopro but the only thing really missing is waterproof gimbal.
Old     (Engineer)      Join Date: Nov 2014       12-04-2014, 7:17 AM Reply   
Hey guys can you please do me a favor and take this survey about wakeboard winches. I need 300 responses and only have 8. Thanks have a nice day!
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NKQK9HQ