Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-25-2012, 6:25 PM Reply   
How are you guys weighting the x25. My buddy got a new one and last week we were using factory ballast and 10 adults. Wake was big but super inconsistent and washy at times. When it was clean it was great. This week we will try placing some bags but had trouble getting on plane with last weeks load. We added two more people and the boat would not plane out at all even when we dropped some ballast from the back and added more people to the front. I think something is wrong with it as adding 350 lbs in the front shouldn't have killed it since it got on plane fine earlier in the day. It has the stock prop and we are going to change to his power prop, but want to make sure nothing is wrong with the boat first. The engine is the ilmor 6.0
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       06-25-2012, 7:04 PM Reply   
There is definitely something wrong. Besides my 210, the boat I spend the most time in is a X25 with the 6.0.
I believe my friend has 2 450's in the rear comps and a 750 in the nose between the seats extending into cockpit. Never had an issue getting on plane and never had an issue with washy wave. Im not sure what prop he has. Before the G23 and the new Star came out I was seriously considering buying one.
Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-25-2012, 7:12 PM Reply   
Supposedly he was told by the dealer that all the boats came with the same prop. I can't remember the size. He has. 14x14.25 we can put on but I think the 6.0 should pull this weight with the factory prop. I had a 236 and put way more weight in it the that and it would plane without a power prop. Thanks for the info.
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       06-25-2012, 8:28 PM Reply   
Ya, we've had that boat loaded with people and ballast and never had issue getting on plane at all. 10 adults and stock ballast shouldn't even be getting close to where the boat can get on plane. That would go for any boat in that class with a 6.0L. When researching the X25 many people were staying with the base 5.7 with no issues.
Old     (ShawnB)      Join Date: Oct 2010       06-25-2012, 9:08 PM Reply   
With the 5.7 and serious weight (factory ballast + plug and play (1400#) + full boat) we had a hard time getting on plane with the stock prop. Both the OJ 5-blade and the ACME 1285 were very good props if you don't need top end speed. The boat snaps up on plane no matter how much weight we put in it and holds the speed very well. I was not a fan of the stock prop at all.
Old     (riddick)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-26-2012, 2:58 PM Reply   
I got to use an x-25 with the stock prop for a few months and weighted it with 2 400s in the rear hatches and 2 400s in the front walk thru.

Does yours have the attitude adjustment plate?

If not, look into getting that feature added on. It makes a world of difference. Set it at 100%, get up to seed, then set it at 0% (I think there is a setting in the perfect pass system that will automatically raise and lower the plate so you don't have to every time). The boat will plane with a load of people plus that extra weight no problem.

The wake is awesome. Best of luck!
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       06-26-2012, 3:23 PM Reply   
FYI my buddy does have an aftermarket 15" prop.
Old     (ShawnB)      Join Date: Oct 2010       06-26-2012, 6:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by riddick View Post
I got to use an x-25 with the stock prop for a few months and weighted it with 2 400s in the rear hatches and 2 400s in the front walk thru.

Does yours have the attitude adjustment plate?

If not, look into getting that feature added on. It makes a world of difference. Set it at 100%, get up to seed, then set it at 0% (I think there is a setting in the perfect pass system that will automatically raise and lower the plate so you don't have to every time). The boat will plane with a load of people plus that extra weight no problem.

The wake is awesome. Best of luck!
The option for automatic launch assist with the plate started in 2012. It's great.
Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-26-2012, 8:04 PM Reply   
It's a 12. Problem is he didn't get his owners manual yet. Hopefully he got it. He does have the 3 tabson the back. I will look thru the touch screen and see what we can find on the auto launch feature. Thanks guys