Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (valsurfer)      Join Date: May 2006       05-25-2008, 10:32 AM Reply   
Hi all just wondering whos going to The Texas Wakesurf Championships. I am doing the photos for the surf event and competing also.
Old     (wakesurf_ohio)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-25-2008, 10:48 AM Reply   
Whole family is coming.. Kay and I are competing.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-25-2008, 1:14 PM Reply   
I'll be there. Old men rule.
Old    lakeside5_10            05-26-2008, 5:33 AM Reply   
can you camp , and do they have showers/bathrooms at the park??
Old     (riverrunner)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-26-2008, 8:41 AM Reply   
Kimball Bend Park - Is the preferred site for RV's and Camping, it is half a mile up the river from Indian Lodge. Located above Lake Whitney on the Brazos River off of Texas 174 just west of the Kimball Bend Bridge. The park is currently being revitalized with the addition of 36 electrical 50 amp hookups. There has been an additional family friendly restroom with 4 individual quadrants. The park also has a two lane boat ramp and plenty of room for parking. The park was supposed to re-open on the first of April, 2008. When I checked recently the rangers said the park should be open before the event but, was not taking reservations yet, I will check on Tuesday and let everyone know. It is a great park with a bunch of sites right on the water.}
Old     (inland_surfer)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-26-2008, 9:59 AM Reply   
Will be their................should be fun!!!
Old     (riverrunner)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-30-2008, 12:51 PM Reply   
UPDATE: At this point Kimball Bend Park is still under construction and it does not look like it will be re-opened in time for the event, we will keep checking back weekly with the rangers in the chance that it opens in time for the event.

If campers make a reservation at Plowman Creek Park and Kimball Bend Park re-opens in time you can cancel your reservations at Plowman Creek for a cost of $10 at least two days in advance and make reservations at Kimball Bend Park.

Plowman Creek Park - Is 4 miles downriver from the Indian Lodge giving campers water access to the event. Located off FM 56 at Kopperl, Texas on the upper end of Lake Whitney. The park offers sites right on the lake with full hook-ups, restrooms (including showers), covered picnic tables and a two lane boat ramp. The park was closed due to flood damage last year it has re-opened and better than ever. Reservations can be made by clicking HERE.
Old     (smedman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-30-2008, 10:14 PM Reply   
we'll be there! can't wait!!
Old     (riverrunner)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-02-2008, 12:19 PM Reply   
good I get a chance to ride the neon!
Old     (ds3)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-03-2008, 1:51 PM Reply   
Is there a site where I can get more info on this event. I am in Austin and would love to come check it out!!
Thanks,
Derek
Old     (locwakeoutlawscom)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-03-2008, 2:02 PM Reply   
The main TWC Portal:
Texas Wakesurf Championships

Official Thread:
Discussion & Registration Thread

Online Competitor Registration:
Secure Online Registration
Old     (ds3)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-03-2008, 2:49 PM Reply   
Thanks for the links Loc......
Old     (jstieg)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-04-2008, 10:35 PM Reply   
looks like i might just show up. super pumped
Old    surfdad            06-05-2008, 11:11 AM Reply   
Johnny, are you going to be there 'bro? We haven't seen you in ages. We'll be there too - I'm demanding a baldING division! :-)

I snagged the flyer off the site, dates etc.

Upload
Old     (jstieg)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-06-2008, 3:07 PM Reply   
yea i know i rode the other day with james harrold for the first time in ages. im stoked that i get to go ride some more. i dont even care about competition. its been so long i just wanna get behind a boat.
Old     (riverrunner)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-09-2008, 1:39 PM Reply   
The TWC Shoot Out at the Secret Spot is filling up fast, registration will close once the event is at capacity, you can register HERE.

Checkout the Texas Wakesurf Championships official Tow Boats and all the details about them by clicking
HERE
Old     (moonshine)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-17-2008, 11:24 AM Reply   
Do you have to pay early if you are going to Camp? Can you pay when you get to the park?
Old     (riverrunner)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-17-2008, 11:49 AM Reply   
The closest camping is at Plowman Creek Park - Is 4 miles downriver from the Indian Lodge/Event giving campers water access to the event. Located off FM 56 at Kopperl, Texas on the upper end of Lake Whitney. The park offers sites right on the lake with full hook-ups, restrooms (including showers), covered picnic tables and a two lane boat ramp. At this point it is too late to make reservations so getting a campsite/rv site is first come, first served at the park.

The official address of the park from the Army Corp. is:

Plowman Creek - 15188 FM 56 - Kopprel, TX 76652