Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-09-2020, 8:06 AM Reply   
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/09/fed-...unk-bonds.html

Looks like I may be wrong about stocks... That's what they were saying early this morning on CNBC, but before Powell came on.

It's basically TALF 2.

Straight from the fed: https://www.federalreserve.gov/newse...y20200409a.htm

https://www.federalreserve.gov/newse...20200409a2.pdf
(buying junk bonds directly from issuers)

Buying up junk bonds from secondary market: https://www.federalreserve.gov/newse...20200409a2.pdf

Buying up other (potentially) garbage debt at a discount: https://www.federalreserve.gov/newse...20200409a1.pdf
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-09-2020, 9:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/09/fed-...unk-bonds.html

Looks like I may be wrong about stocks... That's what they were saying early this morning on CNBC, but before Powell came on.

It's basically TALF 2.

Straight from the fed: https://www.federalreserve.gov/newse...y20200409a.htm

https://www.federalreserve.gov/newse...20200409a2.pdf
(buying junk bonds directly from issuers)

Buying up junk bonds from secondary market: https://www.federalreserve.gov/newse...20200409a2.pdf

Buying up other (potentially) garbage debt at a discount: https://www.federalreserve.gov/newse...20200409a1.pdf
Well, see? Sounds like your first problem is the fake news you heard on none other than CNBC.

As for your earlier comments, I honestly get tired of hearing the same old “orange man bad” garbage day in and day out. There’s nothing objective about it and it’s completely peppered with lies or half-truths. The Monday morning QB routine that’s been so prevalent here is really nothing more than opportunistic low blows. It’s like a bad song on repeat. I sometimes fight back and think of new, creative or funny ways to insult liberals or sometimes I pull a Delta and put WW down for awhile.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-09-2020, 11:13 AM Reply   
CNN blowing some smoke up NZ's skirt. https://youtu.be/iuLWQK77rYk
IMO, it's too early to know if we have done the right thing or not, it will be a year before we know how the economic damage shakes out and if when we reopen we don't just get infected anyway.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-09-2020, 11:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
There’s nothing objective about it and it’s completely peppered with lies or half-truths. The Monday morning QB routine that’s been so prevalent here is really nothing more than opportunistic low blows. It’s like a bad song on repeat. I sometimes fight back and think of new, creative or funny ways to insult liberals or sometimes I pull a Delta and put WW down for awhile.
If an article has information in it that you personally disagree with, or dont like, or dont like the sound of, or it paints trump in a bad light....you "say" its lies.
That doesnt make it lies. It doesnt make it "fake". Insults do not change facts.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-09-2020, 12:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
If an article has information in it that you personally disagree with, or dont like, or dont like the sound of, or it paints trump in a bad light....you "say" its lies.
That doesnt make it lies. It doesnt make it "fake". Insults do not change facts.
Dude, that ain't true and you are a repeat offender here. The thing that amazes me about you, the leftist media and other libtards is just how you keep doing the same thing day after day and expecting different results. Gotcha rhetorical questions and statements do nothing for you because they're so transparently efforts to manipulate. You all have yet to gain any real traction, Trump keeps winning and you literally can't learn from your mistakes. For some reason, you think your daily assaults are gonna somehow start to show results and Trump daddy keeps beating you. All of you.

You wanna gain traction with the public? Put down the alphabet freak show you support, stop pushing their degenerate lifestyle as normal and stop murdering babies. Stop being the cause of blight. Stop supporting illegal aliens. Take up an America-first attitude. So many more reasons why the right is winning right now.

Honestly, the left's chickens have come home to roost and instead of fixing the problems, you've chosen to ignore them and focus solely on attacking Trump. It hasn't worked for 3-1/2 years now.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-09-2020, 12:35 PM Reply   
Monday morning quarterbacking is what everyone should do.... it means judging the decisions of your government right? What is wrong with judging the people in leadership positions on the actions they have taken? That is literally how leaders are judged.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-09-2020, 1:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Well, see? Sounds like your first problem is the fake news you heard on none other than CNBC.
you realize CNBC is a super conservative wall street oriented news outlet right?

But you notice how I also did the work of citing to primary sources?

So how do YOU feel about the fed buying bonds from wall street, Mark? This is basically the Japan model...
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-10-2020, 12:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakereviews View Post
Monday morning quarterbacking is what everyone should do.... it means judging the decisions of your government right? What is wrong with judging the people in leadership positions on the actions they have taken? That is literally how leaders are judged.
MarkyMark gonna markymark.

He thinks he is infallible and has been trained to believe that anything counter to his narrative and worldview is fake and unfair. Always the conservatives whining about fairness. His undeveloped style makes it impossible to have meaningful conversation beyond slandering. Notice most of his world salad is insults.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-10-2020, 1:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesstalkmoreride View Post
MarkyMark gonna markymark.

He thinks he is infallible and has been trained to believe that anything counter to his narrative and worldview is fake and unfair. Always the conservatives whining about fairness. His undeveloped style makes it impossible to have meaningful conversation beyond slandering. Notice most of his world salad is insults.
OK, we can assume that's true... and move on.

How do YOU feel about the fed buying up public company debt, LTMR?
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-10-2020, 1:32 AM Reply   
I honestly dont understand enough of that big picture to have a formed opinion.
It does not sound like something that happens a lot, but these are odd times.
So, confused, I guess is how I feel.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-10-2020, 2:44 AM Reply   
You guyth aw huting my feewings.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-10-2020, 3:28 AM Reply   
Okay, this is funny.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-to...drome-question
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-10-2020, 3:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
you realize CNBC is a super conservative wall street oriented news outlet right?

So how do YOU feel about the fed buying bonds from wall street, Mark? This is basically the Japan model...
I don’t have an opinion about that.
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-10-2020, 3:33 AM Reply   
That was kinda funny. CNN is trash.
Stage 4 TDS is pretty intense though, no laughing matter.
I hear there may be a cure this fall though.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-10-2020, 4:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Ok boomer.
uh....... uh..... Ok boomer...... uh....uh.....huh,huh,huh.......
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-10-2020, 4:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
No it doesn't translate, NZ has some natural advantages of scale, remoteness and un polarized political system. Govt isn't the sole provider of healthcare here we have an insurance and private healthcare system parallel to the govt provided system. You can choose either but you pay for the govt system even if you don't use it. Same for education. As for the US healthcare system developing all the solutions for the world to use, that's American exceptionalism BS, many countries research and develop new solutions it's not exclusive to the USA.
If a government healthcare is so good then why do you need private insurance especially with such a low population, lack of manufacturing diversity and small land mass?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-10-2020, 6:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
If a government healthcare is so good then why do you need private insurance especially with such a low population, lack of manufacturing diversity and small land mass?
The same reason you have Audi when Toyota does the same job.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-10-2020, 7:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
The same reason you have Audi when Toyota does the same job.
Nope. Not even the same. I am not trying to convince people to subsidize your choice of transportation.

The argument is always that we all need to pay for single payer healthcare, yet every country I hear about always has the rich people buying private insurance. Thought if you had this perfect government plan, there would not be a need for private? You mean to tell me the government can not supply the level of care you need?
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-10-2020, 8:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
CNN blowing some smoke up NZ's skirt. https://youtu.be/iuLWQK77rYk
IMO, it's too early to know if we have done the right thing or not, it will be a year before we know how the economic damage shakes out and if when we reopen we don't just get infected anyway.
Comparing you with Sweden, seems you made the right choice in shutting down your borders. Sweden could easily shut their borders down but refused and now have had nearly 1000 deaths. New Zealand quarantines any visitors for fourteen days and have had two deaths.
On another note, our piece of chit president tried to take credit for Batelle labs who have developed the machine that disinfects n95 masks, so they can be used multiple times.
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-10-2020, 1:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Nope. Not even the same. I am not trying to convince people to subsidize your choice of transportation.

The argument is always that we all need to pay for single payer healthcare, yet every country I hear about always has the rich people buying private insurance. Thought if you had this perfect government plan, there would not be a need for private? You mean to tell me the government can not supply the level of care you need?
I'm not a fan of single payer, it unnecessarily restricts peoples ability to make choices IMO, I support a mixed model where the government provides healthcare and education to an "adequate" level but you are free to purchase private versions which are superior to "adequate" if you have means or optional insurance to do so.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-11-2020, 1:13 AM Reply   
Quote:

what does "rich" mean in that calculus, Delta? Rich like you drive a chevy and they drive an audi, or rich like you fly coach and they fly private? I mean I know really rich people also send their kids to boarding school, but that doesn't really threaten me about sending my kids to public school.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-11-2020, 1:47 AM Reply   
Is anybody else looking into the "how" of reopening the economy? I've seen four options so far:

1. Pence and Trump high 5, declare victory, and tell folks to go back to their daily lives;
2. "raise the line" by increasing our medical response capacity (more PPE, more ICU beds, not sure where you get more doctors);
3. vastly increase testing, so that everyone is being tested regularly and repeatedly, requiring quarantine for positive testers; or
4. impose a digital surveillance program that tracks everyone and lets folks know that they have come into contact with someone who has tested positive (and perhaps require those who come into contact with a positive tester to self quarantine, even though they themselves haven't tested positive).

#1 seems potentially catastrophic, but also what the talking heads on Fox seem to be advocating for.
#2 seems theoretically possible and something we should pursue, but the limit seems to be trained healthcare workers, not ventilators or masks.
#3 would require our testing infrastructure to increase by a factor of 10 at least.
#4 will americans willingly consent to be surveilled like that? Seems like apple and google may already be dragging us that direction whether we like it or not.

Thoughts? Are there other options being presented to the President?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-11-2020, 2:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Thought if you had this perfect government plan, there would not be a need for private? You mean to tell me the government can not supply the level of care you need?
Good example of taking someone else's point to the extreme. And maybe you should define "need". If only rich people can afford it, then I'm thinking it doesn't fit the definition of need.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-11-2020, 5:57 AM Reply   
Did you see Trumps idiocy explaining how clever the virus was because it had figured out how to outsmart antibiotics which are supposed to fix everything? Clever is a relative thing I guess. Makes me laugh when he says "a lot of people don't know this", that's always code for "I just got told this".
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-11-2020, 6:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Is anybody else looking into the "how" of reopening the economy? I've seen four options so far:

1. Pence and Trump high 5, declare victory, and tell folks to go back to their daily lives;
2. "raise the line" by increasing our medical response capacity (more PPE, more ICU beds, not sure where you get more doctors);
3. vastly increase testing, so that everyone is being tested regularly and repeatedly, requiring quarantine for positive testers; or
4. impose a digital surveillance program that tracks everyone and lets folks know that they have come into contact with someone who has tested positive (and perhaps require those who come into contact with a positive tester to self quarantine, even though they themselves haven't tested positive).

#1 seems potentially catastrophic, but also what the talking heads on Fox seem to be advocating for.
#2 seems theoretically possible and something we should pursue, but the limit seems to be trained healthcare workers, not ventilators or masks.
#3 would require our testing infrastructure to increase by a factor of 10 at least.
#4 will americans willingly consent to be surveilled like that? Seems like apple and google may already be dragging us that direction whether we like it or not.

Thoughts? Are there other options being presented to the President?
5. Anti body test to create a passport for people who are now immune and can't infect others. Used in conjunction with vaccine if it arrives
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-11-2020, 4:44 PM Reply   
Here ya go. This is where blame belongs and I have a drop of hope that one libtard here is finally objective.
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...035224775.html
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       04-12-2020, 2:20 AM Reply   
i'm totally fine with China virus. China needs to clean their s**t up big time.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-12-2020, 3:36 AM Reply   
We need to call it the China Virus so that stupid people will know where it comes from. Otherwise, only the intellectual elite will know.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-12-2020, 7:01 AM Reply   
The naming convection was changed in 2015, https://www.who.int/mediacentre/news...w-diseases/en/ but call it whatever you like, as long as you wash your hands and social distance.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-12-2020, 12:37 PM Reply   
So everybody good with giving the government a tracking app that tracks your movements and associations with others? What could go wrong?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-12-2020, 1:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
So everybody good with giving the government a tracking app that tracks your movements and associations with others? What could go wrong?
The app stores Ph numbers of people who you get close to by using a bluetooth handshake. The log is stored on the phone rather than centrally and is only transmitted if the user approves it. So yeah, I'm ok with it.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-12-2020, 5:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
The app stores Ph numbers of people who you get close to by using a bluetooth handshake. The log is stored on the phone rather than centrally and is only transmitted if the user approves it. So yeah, I'm ok with it.

If it is defeatable by individuals it won’t work.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-12-2020, 5:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
If it is defeatable by individuals it won’t work.
If you test positive why wouldn't you release your contact trace data?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-13-2020, 12:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
If you test positive why wouldn't you release your contact trace data?
Are you legally required to? What if you turned your app off (because you could) in the week before you TESTED positive (but were likely positive and spreading to others)?
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-13-2020, 1:33 AM Reply   
Quote:

You mean like they did for most of the obama presidency? See QE1 and 2.
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-13-2020, 3:33 AM Reply   
I mean it all sounded good...can you believe its been a month.

https://www.npr.org/2020/04/13/83279...ly-unfulfilled

Im beginning to think we are finding out what it was like to be on the other end of Little T's deals all these years.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-13-2020, 4:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
You mean like they did for most of the obama presidency? See QE1 and 2.
I thought QE1 and QE2 were buying treasuries, not wall street bonds?
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-13-2020, 5:06 AM Reply   
No. They were buying MBS and CMOs.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-13-2020, 7:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
No. They were buying MBS and CMOs.

Troubled assets. Not publicly traded junk bonds. (Ie straight debt instruments).
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-13-2020, 8:09 AM Reply   
All can be purchased in the secondary market. Last time it was mortgages causing the problem. This time its business failing due to the shutdown.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-13-2020, 8:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Are you legally required to? What if you turned your app off (because you could) in the week before you TESTED positive (but were likely positive and spreading to others)?
Is there no patriots left in the USA?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-13-2020, 8:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Have to disagree:
With that said, it does appear that local, state, and federal officials have some right to quarantine, however the argument appears to be at the federal level they can only limit travel from outside the US and not within the US.
Reading other articles when they speak of quarantine, they are speaking about an actual confirmation of a disease and not that a disease is loose in the public. The language seems to suggest known person or persons not just a large population but not confirmed.
Interesting discussion:
Well Trump disagrees with you. I guess he outranks you but who knows?
Attached Images

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-13-2020, 8:58 AM Reply   
Imagine in parallel universe world that President Hillary Clinton appointed Chelsea and her husband to the council to reopen america. I doubt Faux news would be cheer-leading it as the best way forward.
Attached Images

Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       04-13-2020, 5:01 PM Reply   
Gotta love Cheetoh's meltdown in the presser today (following the propaganda video he forced his aides put together haha) - boy it's getting sad. Then he goes off saying he's got "total authority" over the states lol - oh wait forgot about those pesky states rights conservatives are always so concerned about (until now). The poor guy almost looked like he was going to cry haha. Guess it's a lot easier to just take potshots at Obama on twitter.
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-14-2020, 12:16 AM Reply   
Ive seen this move. He is just flinging crap out there to see what sticks. Not enough good things happening so he just says something outrageous, doubles down, and waits. Love watching republicans try to agree.
Old     (rlwagens)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-14-2020, 12:42 AM Reply   
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/13/healt...rnd/index.html
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       04-14-2020, 2:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Ive seen this move. He is just flinging crap out there to see what sticks. Not enough good things happening so he just says something outrageous, doubles down, and waits. Love watching republicans try to agree.
Yeah the insecurity on display was pathetic. It makes the US just look sad and weak to anyone with a shred of objectivity. But that's what happens when daddy's millions and fleet of lawyers can't whisk your problems away.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-14-2020, 2:38 AM Reply   
Gotta love CNN and all the other “news” outlets for their nonexistent coverage of Biden’s sexual assault. The silence is deafening. Unlike Ms. Ford, Ms. Reade has two credible people she told that corroborate what she said right after it happened. The Democrat silence on this is further proof of how disgusting, empty, worthless, hypocritical and totally devoid of any integrity they are as a group.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-bi...ser-tara-reade

Combine that with the 24/7 assault on anything Trump and you begin to get why Trump acts the way he does.
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-14-2020, 2:49 AM Reply   
Trump acts the way he does because he has a legit personality disorder.
Not because the widdle news reporters are being a bunch of meanies. Wahhh!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-14-2020, 2:55 AM Reply   
Why don’t you address your party’s hypocrisy? I mean, it’s one of the reasons why you’re goin down and staying down.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-14-2020, 2:57 AM Reply   
I don’t like his personality either, but he governs like a badas$. I especially like his judicial picks.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       04-14-2020, 2:58 AM Reply   
Haha poor marky mark and twumpy wumpy. Life's so unfair, waaaaahhhhhh!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-14-2020, 3:00 AM Reply   
Who here will defend the double standards of their libtard mainstream media???
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-14-2020, 3:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
I don’t like his personality either, but he governs like a badas$. I especially like his judicial picks.
The rapist?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-14-2020, 3:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Haha poor marky mark and twumpy wumpy. Life's so unfair, waaaaahhhhhh!
Like a scared little biatch, you can’t help, but ignore the question. Pus$y.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-14-2020, 3:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
The rapist?
Still your president.
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-14-2020, 3:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Still your president.

So you cool with sexual assault? Yikes dude.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-14-2020, 3:04 AM Reply   
You libtards can sit here all day in your circle jerk, but just remember this: WE are still the ones in power. You are still the bottom feeders. The bums scouring dumpsters for morsels.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-14-2020, 3:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
So you cool with sexual assault? Yikes dude.
Nope. He’s not been convicted of that so there’s that.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-14-2020, 3:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Nope. He’s not been convicted of that so there’s that.
Oh, and he’s still your president. Haha!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-14-2020, 3:08 AM Reply   
Still so telling how none of you libtard pus$ies can defend the libtard press’ double standards. Not one of you.
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-14-2020, 3:09 AM Reply   
So why you jump on Biden about SA? (For the record, not a Biden fan either).
He has not been convicted of anything. You just neutered whatever weak point you were trying to make.
Ohhh, cause fox news.
Sheep.
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-14-2020, 3:12 AM Reply   
Why do I need to defend the press? They can piss up a rope for all I care.
Press does not run the country. The POTUS does (in this case he pretends anyway).
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       04-14-2020, 3:12 AM Reply   
Haha exactly. Mark's sad flailing about as he starts to see the writing on the wall is pure gold. BUT BUT BUT BUTTERY MALES!!!!!!!!! XD
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-14-2020, 3:13 AM Reply   
Deflect, deflect, deflect. HUntEr bIDen! ThE SErVeR!
Bahahaha.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-14-2020, 3:19 AM Reply   
The only ones deflecting here are you.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-14-2020, 3:20 AM Reply   
Bottom feeders. All of you. Enjoy your detritus.
Attached Images

Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-14-2020, 3:34 AM Reply   
Now ur even deflecting about deflecting!?!
Didnt know that was possible. A terrible debate tactic, but one can do it.
Nice photoshop job.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-14-2020, 3:38 AM Reply   
There is no debate here. We are in power. You are not. The end.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-14-2020, 3:41 AM Reply   
Oh and that’s called a meme. Not a photoshop, you dumb millennial.
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-14-2020, 3:44 AM Reply   
ok, boomer
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       04-14-2020, 5:50 AM Reply   
Just in time to make Mark's day.

Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-14-2020, 5:59 AM Reply   
I miss when our presidents could speak in coherent and complete sentences.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-14-2020, 6:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
I miss when our presidents could speak in coherent and complete sentences.
...as they were boning you up the corn hole?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-14-2020, 6:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Just in time to make Mark's day.

I almost forgot how well that silver-tongued satan could put frosting on a turd with his words.
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-14-2020, 6:28 AM Reply   
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog...-great-do-over

Interesting read. Does not seem overly biased. "Opening the economy" is a nice slogan, but unduly paints the terms in black and white. The economy is not "shut down." Commerce/trade are still ongoing, certainly not at the scale or breadth as pre-covid.

We should be adjusting our thinking from, "alright, we're open again!" to something (less sexy) like "we can loosen up here and here for now."
Actually, that's kinda sexy too.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-14-2020, 8:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Gotta love CNN and all the other “news” outlets for their nonexistent coverage of Biden’s sexual assault. The silence is deafening. Unlike Ms. Ford, Ms. Reade has two credible people she told that corroborate what she said right after it happened. The Democrat silence on this is further proof of how disgusting, empty, worthless, hypocritical and totally devoid of any integrity they are as a group.
Agree, the hypocrisy is revolting.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-14-2020, 8:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
There is no debate here. We are in power. You are not. The end.
LOL, that is so funny. Mark thinks Trump is a leader of some team which includes him. Newsflash, Trump is a malignant narcissist, the thinks about nothing but himself. Trump "Draining the swamp" is hilarious. Here is a photo of Trump being the common man and thinking deeply about how to help the working class.
Attached Images

Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-14-2020, 2:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Well Trump disagrees with you. I guess he outranks you but who knows?
Yah, I was wondering how the TrumpTard in chief was going to spin this one, now the Tard is saying he will Not put Any pressure on Any governor to Open up. Trump is finally losing ground do to his daily tRump rallies,
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       04-14-2020, 4:39 PM Reply   
This is moving beyond pathetic now... Trump orders his name to appear on the memo line of the stimulus checks! Which actually causes delays in them being sent out. His vanity is now literally sustaining economic hardship for Americans.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...i0fasX19hVc6M4