Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Yankees39)      Join Date: Jul 2016       01-09-2018, 4:28 PM Reply   
Anyone know the best non skid material I can put in the bow section? I put a rug non skid mat down

And that seemed to work good until I took the floor up and realized the 3m spray adhesive I used was what was holding the floor mat down to the fiberglass not really the non skid Mat.

It’s only my bow section that is a problem, the main cabin area I Rhino lines and is rough enough that it holds the mat.

I think I read on a DIY for this mat to use PVC glue to glue a non skid to the bottom of the mat. Any suggestions?

The floor itself has been awesome these last few months. Just gotta get the front Bow section To not move when a foot pushes off of it. I do plan on adding snaps at the front but afraid they will tear out if I don’t help the mat from sliding.

Thanks for any ideas.
Attached Images

Old     (MooSeMan)      Join Date: Sep 2017       01-09-2018, 4:57 PM Reply   
Here's a cheep way to make Non skid ,Take Surfboard sanding resin,tape off your area ,you can put pigment of any color you want in it ,,,Brush the resin it thin (its an Art) and sprinkel Salt over the resin (its an ART),,,let it get hard ,HARD ,,,and you CAN take some 600 to if you want...You should practice with card board...
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-10-2018, 5:19 AM Reply   
^^^^^^ this guy
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-10-2018, 5:45 AM Reply   
Use this stuff to glue the backing to it. You don't need glue on every bit of it. Just do your best and it'll probably work well.

https://www.amazon.com/262011-Resist.../dp/B006MVT4R6

I haven't tested this, but I would bet that the E6800 without anything would actually provide good traction. It dries into a hard, rubbery form. I'd bet that if you just put a bunch of zig-zags of glue on the bottom of the matting that it would provide adequate traction.
Old     (Yankees39)      Join Date: Jul 2016       01-10-2018, 2:34 PM Reply   
Tom that’s a good idea and good advice I definitely fall under the category of over gluing things and I need to take a step back on that.

I was at A store today and they actually had a 100% rubber non slip rig mat. So I grabbed it. It isn’t the foam type. So I will give this a try with the glue that Tom suggested. Thanks

Moose not a bad option but as you stated in your post seems like it’s a art so I’ll probably stay away from that and I have had the thought to glue something to the boat but ultimately I would like to not “install” anything on the fiberglass and keep it on the Miners Moss Matt
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-25-2018, 6:08 PM Reply   
The only issue with glueing it down, is getting dirt and degree out of it with a vac. I have decadence in my boat, love it and hate it. love the ease of cleaning and water going through it, but hate the fact it gets uber hot and it slips
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-25-2018, 6:38 PM Reply   
No don’t glue it down!
Old     (Yankees39)      Join Date: Jul 2016       01-25-2018, 7:55 PM Reply   
I’m not gluing the miners moss / decadence down. I was thinking about glueing the the non skid backing to the miners moss / deckadence knockoff.
Old     (Rugger)      Join Date: May 2016       01-25-2018, 9:25 PM Reply   
Do not glue it down
Old     (Rugger)      Join Date: May 2016       01-25-2018, 9:27 PM Reply   
Best, cheap non skid flooring might be Mellors. Great project writeup here. https://www.wakegarage.com/projects-...-a-budget-r61/

It's not like minors moss... more like seadek but way cheaper.
Old     (Rugger)      Join Date: May 2016       01-25-2018, 9:28 PM Reply   
I'm still looking for a non skid faux teak w/ UV protection. Plasteak is close, but not UV. If anyone knows of one please post
Old     (Medium)      Join Date: Aug 2011       01-25-2018, 10:44 PM Reply   
What did you use for the miners moss material? Where did you buy it from?
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-26-2018, 6:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium View Post
What did you use for the miners moss material? Where did you buy it from?
Utopia Tools

http://www.utopiatools.com/Miners-Mo...mgrey60x36.htm
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-26-2018, 6:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
Best, cheap non skid flooring might be Mellors. Great project writeup here. https://www.wakegarage.com/projects-...-a-budget-r61/

It's not like minors moss... more like seadek but way cheaper.
And that dude posted an update that diamond pattern is already peeling up. I've seen some pictures of knock-off seadek that look HORRIBLE after some use. No Thanks.
Old     (Rugger)      Join Date: May 2016       01-26-2018, 10:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardjnky4 View Post
And that dude posted an update that diamond pattern is already peeling up. I've seen some pictures of knock-off seadek that look HORRIBLE after some use. No Thanks.
Yup -- although he loves the non diamond sheets because they stayed flat. The 3M adhesive backing should be the same.

I'm with you though... very leary of cheap versions. There's another project on there where someone bought even cheaper EVA foam from Ebay, and it showed up in a warped roll and looked terrible. Says he had to flatten the floor before applying.

I got a sample sheet of Mellors (flat, black) and used it as a transom saver. Works perfect. Still not sure what to do w/ floor yet when it comes time to upgrade.

Another guy on wake garage used Ultralon and says its superior to all of them, but is not cheaper. Will be looking into that too
Old     (Yankees39)      Join Date: Jul 2016       01-26-2018, 8:51 PM Reply   
I bought my miners moss off of amazon. Working good so far.
Attached Images

Old     (sd_wakesports)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-27-2018, 7:53 AM Reply   
Check out the Non Skid product offerings from www.agendasurf.com
Top quality EVA foams with 3M PSA and Free USA shipping.