Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (mlzelenik)      Join Date: Apr 2016       09-14-2017, 12:17 PM Reply   
So I'm no audio genius but I know just enough to be dangerous. Give me your thoughts on this setup. Planning to replace everything on our 2015 Supra SE

Pair of Rev10's on the tower
paired with SD4

3 pair XS-65ic throughout the boat
1 REVO-12 FA
powered off HTX-6

HTX have enough juice to run the rest of the boat? What would you do differently with this setup?
Old     (mlzelenik)      Join Date: Apr 2016       09-14-2017, 2:02 PM Reply   
*SD2 for the Rev10's*
Old     (Rugger)      Join Date: May 2016       09-14-2017, 2:35 PM Reply   
Big fan of 8" speaker investment. Can get the WS 808s on sale since they went to new Revo series. Or see if you can pick up XS650s on sale vs the 65i. IMO
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-14-2017, 3:43 PM Reply   
Syn-DX4 for single pair of rev-10

HTX-6 for 3 pair of in-boats and HTX-1 for 2 ohm Revo-12fa

Id consider the Revo-6 over the 65i.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-14-2017, 6:18 PM Reply   
i guess the new subs are revo, is that the replacement for the xxx v2 ?
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       09-15-2017, 5:53 AM Reply   
Yes Doug, it will be a Revo-XXX..

One pair of Rev10's on SYNDX4 ... best option for one pair with no adding another pair.
3 pair of XS65i and a Revo12-HP on a SynDX6 is good, better will be upping to 3 pair of Revo6 and a SD6 as the amplifier.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-15-2017, 6:00 AM Reply   
i would get the bigger sub. I don't know when the xxx will become available, but its nice to have the larger sub and more flexibility. I had a older version 12 and now have a jl12w7 and love it. Not that the wet sound subs don't rock. I just always felt my tower speakers overran the subs I had and went with a open air custom box with he jl, and then 2 pairs of rev 10s and the 650;s inboats, I would like to hear more about the 808 inboats from those who have swapped them out and see how much they gained.
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       09-15-2017, 6:56 AM Reply   
I got the REVO6 they are amazing .
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       09-15-2017, 7:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
i would get the bigger sub. I don't know when the xxx will become available, but its nice to have the larger sub and more flexibility. I had a older version 12 and now have a jl12w7 and love it. Not that the wet sound subs don't rock. I just always felt my tower speakers overran the subs I had and went with a open air custom box with he jl, and then 2 pairs of rev 10s and the 650;s inboats, I would like to hear more about the 808 inboats from those who have swapped them out and see how much they gained.

Man it seems like most boats have an issue with the tower speakers overpowering the subs . Im not a pro audiophile but I love my music and Im really hoping that my new tower set up doesn't over power my subs like so many I have heard .
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-15-2017, 1:04 PM Reply   
Its not overpower in terms of sound quality, its sound not pointed at you like in a car, so if you are on the sun deck, you lose some the sub, if you are in the drivers seat, you get may more base, etc etc, so I want to taylor and balance the music based on where we are in the boat or floating. I turn the WT420 base up when we are floating to get more balance with the towers, but turn it down when driving, but you need headroom and a lot more power to really get the effect of the base around the boat, hope that makes sense, lol not sure if i said that correctly.
Old     (DavidAnalog)      Join Date: Sep 2013       09-15-2017, 2:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALIV210 View Post
Man it seems like most boats have an issue with the tower speakers overpowering the subs . Im not a pro audiophile but I love my music and Im really hoping that my new tower set up doesn't over power my subs like so many I have heard .
It's just that bass energy dissipates over distance and in an open environment more so than upper frequencies or in a confined cabin/room. But with the right system a subwoofer in front of your shins should definitely keep pace with the rest of the system while in the boat.