Articles
   
       
Pics/Video
       
Wake 101
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-13-2016, 9:09 PM Reply   
To put it in perspective, jimmy carter sold his peanut farm to avoid the appearance of a conflict of interest.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-13-2016, 11:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
Cracks me up when you guys call liberals crybabies when Trump has called for a boycott of a musical, a breakfast cereal, and Saturday Night Live because they weren't nice to him. Poor little tiny handed Trump...

and he isn't even in office yet...
There's a safe place with Play-Doh just waiting for you and your kind. Enjoy!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-13-2016, 11:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
To put it in perspective, jimmy carter sold his peanut farm to avoid the appearance of a conflict of interest.
Actually, to put it perspective, maybe he should have kept it so he could have some skin in the game that he ruined. Remember the "misery index?" I think ESPN says it best: "C'mon man!"
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       12-14-2016, 7:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
I love the comments about crybaby liberals on this thread when so far the Trump has asked for a boycott of Saturday night live, a musical , and a cereal because they weren't nice to him... poor little handed trump...
Don't forget Apple, he called for a boycott on Apple too.

These are also the same people who are "deeply offended" by Colin Kapernick and threatened by BLM, so it's kind of hard to take them serious when they criticize the few pansies who actually asked for a safe space.
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       12-14-2016, 7:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
As far as Goldman Vs Hillary. You can't blame Goldman for "pay to play" tactics. But you can blame Hillary for taking the Huge sums of money in the form of a pay off for a speach $300 and $400 K for a speach! She did this with many company's.
haha, haha. You think $400K is a lot for a pay off and that she got that for a single speech. Have you heard of Google? Do you know how to work it?

Donald Trump, $1-1.5 million:
Ronald Reagan, $1 million:
Tony Blair, $616,000:
Bill Clinton, $150,000- $450,000:
Rudy Guilani, $270,000:
Alan Greenspan, $250,000:
Lance Armstrong, $100,000 and up:
Al Gore, $100,000-150,000:

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/...-speaking-fees

She doesn't even crack the top 10, nor does she receive $400K in a single fee.

Simple, simple minds....

All of that aside, you can stop focusing on her. She lost.... Do you focus on her because it hurts to focus on Trump?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-14-2016, 9:44 AM Reply   
They keep focusing on her because their puppet masters want their attention on the irrelevant so they can continue unimpeded. It makes perfect sense that if deplorables elected Trump that he would fill his cabinet with deplorables. It's a no lose situation. If things turn out good, Trump takes the credit. If things turn out bad, then Trump just claims he just gave his voters what they asked for. Trump has convinced his sycophants that America will be great if they just believe that our problems are the other guys fault.
Old    deltahoosier            12-14-2016, 10:50 AM Reply   
Keep your meltdown coming boys. The reason people contrast her is because you guys did not give to Sh$%s about Hillary doing much worse. You certainly did not care about Obama's horrible cabinet and his horrible job. Now all of a sudden it is job one for you to know all these things. No one owes you an explanation because it is not genuine. Only reason you care is because your dog whistlers are blowing their whistle and you are now barking. yap, yap, yap......
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-14-2016, 10:58 AM Reply   
Double I think it matters WHO is paying for a speech. When you Pay Lance Armstrong OR the Head of Apple to give a speach what are u getting access to or what are u getting access to?
Politicians are always throwing fund raisers to keep them in office Ect.

And on the cry baby's subject. When Obama won 2times what kind of protest in the streets did you see?? Did you have people at CNN telling viewers they just received a "BLACK LASSHING " listen librals don't try and play *** for tat. You guys lost, I know it sucks, the world is not fair, but in 4 years you will get another chance or you can tell everyone your going to move to cannada or leave W/W what ever we don't give 2 $hits.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       12-14-2016, 11:21 AM Reply   
wow, the brownshirts have spoken!

HAHA look how well that "sit down, shut up and hang on, you lost" worked out for Obama voters in 08. It's possible to learn from the mistakes of hubris, but you've gotta be willing to acknowledge the mistakes of the past and try to avoid repeating them.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-14-2016, 11:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
yThe reason people contrast her is because you guys did not give to Sh$%s about Hillary doing much worse....
Not true! I haven't seen a single post on this thread defend Hillary or make out she was anything other than the best terrible option.
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       12-14-2016, 11:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Double I think it matters WHO is paying for a speech. When you Pay Lance Armstrong OR the Head of Apple to give a speach what are u getting access to or what are u getting access to?
Politicians are always throwing fund raisers to keep them in office Ect.

And on the cry baby's subject. When Obama won 2times what kind of protest in the streets did you see?? Did you have people at CNN telling viewers they just received a "BLACK LASSHING " listen librals don't try and play *** for tat. You guys lost, I know it sucks, the world is not fair, but in 4 years you will get another chance or you can tell everyone your going to move to cannada or leave W/W what ever we don't give 2 $hits.
I agree the, black lash excuse is bull ****. I've said it before and i'll say it again. The left lost this election, end of story. With the resources they had the DNC should have been able to get a monkey elected. If the people marching in the streets and getting petitions together had been that motivated prior to Nov 8th, there would a whole different outcome. But to compare; there is a VERY long list of differences between Obama win(s) and Trump's win. One of the biggest issues is the basic number of scandals that orbit Trump. Even if you slice away the fluff that surrounds them all, you can't argue his unorthodox campaign.

but to chase that rabbit, yes the right did protest Obama's win in 2008 & 2012:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_Party_protests

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blo...d-to-discredit

All Obama had to do to get everyone riled up was be 1/2 black. Even Trump made a stink about his birth certificate. To this day, the Senate and House has been grid locked in protest. Just google the number of bills passed under the past 6 presidents. For a second, imagine how pissed the Tea party would have been if Obama lost the popular vote by a historical amount of votes, incited a hostile nation to hack his opponent, was involved in several law suits, accused by several women of rape, settled a 3 fraud cases, been divorced 3 times, and had never held an elected office. It would have been pandemonium from the right.
Old    deltahoosier            12-14-2016, 1:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Not true! I haven't seen a single post on this thread defend Hillary or make out she was anything other than the best terrible option.
And the rest of it? You still did not care. Obama ran around doing what ever he wanted and none of you batted an eye. Now a man is not even president yet and you are loosing your minds. He has not even got a single law passed.
Old    deltahoosier            12-14-2016, 1:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
wow, the brownshirts have spoken!

HAHA look how well that "sit down, shut up and hang on, you lost" worked out for Obama voters in 08. It's possible to learn from the mistakes of hubris, but you've gotta be willing to acknowledge the mistakes of the past and try to avoid repeating them.
Don't see you so much learning from your mistakes as you guys being hysterical. There is nothing to respond to. There have been zero policy decisions and nothing acted upon so everything you are doing at this point is repeating talking points from a echo chamber press who are trying to set up a narrative that Trump is not legit. This is all set up to get future talking points. It is pure politics. If anyone has not learned from a mistake, it is the press and people who echoing the press.

Keep doubling down that Trump is not legit. Keep telling yourself that people are not sick of the globalist policies of the democrats. 33 states now have Republican Governors. 32 of those states now have Republican legislatures It takes 34 states to convene a Constitutional Convention and 38 to approve a Constitutional Amendment. The States can bypass congress. Every year, the democrats keep losing states. Keep telling yourselves that fly over states don't matter and that your majority vote holds water. It will not if you keep alienating the rest of the country.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-14-2016, 3:29 PM Reply   
Recent Secretaries of Energy in chronological order:

Samuel Bodman, PhD from MIT in Chemical Engineering. Bush Administration

Ernest J. Moniz, PhD from MIT in Physics. Obama Administration

Steven Chu, PhD from Stanford in Physics. Nobel Prize recipient. Obama Administration.

Rick Perry, Bachelor of Arts in Animal Science from Texas A&M. Forthcoming Trump Administration.

Mr Perry could not remember the name of the Department of Energy a few years back during debate.

Any Trump supporter want to defend this one? I'm all ears.
Old    deltahoosier            12-14-2016, 4:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
Recent Secretaries of Energy in chronological order:

Samuel Bodman, PhD from MIT in Chemical Engineering. Bush Administration

Ernest J. Moniz, PhD from MIT in Physics. Obama Administration

Steven Chu, PhD from Stanford in Physics. Nobel Prize recipient. Obama Administration.

Rick Perry, Bachelor of Arts in Animal Science from Texas A&M. Forthcoming Trump Administration.

Mr Perry could not remember the name of the Department of Energy a few years back during debate.

Any Trump supporter want to defend this one? I'm all ears.
The Department of Energy is not just about Energy. The Secretary of Energy is a administrative position. It has zero to do with using science. The degree of the person is not the only factor.


Spencer Abraham

Before his election to the Senate, Abraham was a law professor at Thomas M. Cooley Law School.

Bill Richardson

American politician who was 30th Governor of New Mexico, from 2003 to 2011. He was U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations and Energy Secretary in the Clinton administration and has also served as a U.S. Congressman, chairman of the 2004 Democratic National Convention, and chairman of the Democratic Governors Association

He earned a Bachelor's degree at Tufts University in 1970, majoring in French and political science,

Federico Peņa

Born in Laredo, Texas, Peņa earned a B.A. (1969) and a J.D. (1972) from the University of Texas at Austin and The University of Texas School of Law, respectively.

Hazel R. O'Leary
After earning a bachelor's degree at Fisk University in Nashville, O'Leary earned her Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree from Rutgers School of Law.

You mind explaining to me what Clinton and so on were thinking? (well under your questioning).

I am sure the meme you got this from will want to add some more info.......

Perry was commissioned in the Air Force. Was in the Texas Legislature, was the Agriculture Commissioner, Lt. Governor and Governor....

Last edited by deltahoosier; 12-14-2016 at 4:08 PM.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-14-2016, 8:25 PM Reply   
Spencer Abraham has a Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree from Harvard University.

Bill Richardson was an adjunct professor at Harvard University's Kennedy School of Government and a lecturer at the Armand Hammer United World College of the American West.[26] In 2000, Bill Richardson was awarded a United States Institute of Peace Senior Fellowship. He spent the next year researching and writing on the negotiations with North Korea and the energy dimensions of U.S. relations. In 2011, Richardson was named a senior fellow at the Baker Institute of Rice University.

Federico Peņa-you are right about his education and it is still a Sh$t ton better than a BA in Animal science.

Hazel R. O'Leary: before being given the job she worked as the assistant administrator to the Energy commission (basically second in command).

Rick Perry: hey look someone got his transcripts:
http://austinist.com/2011/08/25/rick...ased_solel.php

Looks like he was on the cheer-leading squad, isn't that cute. Got a 'D' in Principles of Economics (I'm sure you don't need any of that crap to run the department of energy) 'F' in organic chemistry and a 'D' is "meats" whatever the hell that is... I imagine recognizing the difference between a flank steak and a tri tip?
Remember "Trump will surround himself with the best people" I guess everyone else must have failed the classes he got 'D's in.

Last edited by plhorn; 12-14-2016 at 8:27 PM. Reason: added more
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-15-2016, 12:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Don't see you so much learning from your mistakes as you guys being hysterical. There is nothing to respond to. There have been zero policy decisions and nothing acted upon so everything you are doing at this point is repeating talking points from a echo chamber press who are trying to set up a narrative that Trump is not legit. This is all set up to get future talking points. It is pure politics. If anyone has not learned from a mistake, it is the press and people who echoing the press.

Keep doubling down that Trump is not legit. Keep telling yourself that people are not sick of the globalist policies of the democrats. 33 states now have Republican Governors. 32 of those states now have Republican legislatures It takes 34 states to convene a Constitutional Convention and 38 to approve a Constitutional Amendment. The States can bypass congress. Every year, the democrats keep losing states. Keep telling yourselves that fly over states don't matter and that your majority vote holds water. It will not if you keep alienating the rest of the country.
^^^That right there is the best post-election post on this whole thread. Cliff notes: Suck it libtards. The people have spoken. It's our turn now. Watch and learn. In the mean time, shut up. We got this.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       12-15-2016, 12:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Suck it libtards. The people have spoken. It's our turn now. Watch and learn. In the mean time, shut up.
You really are a model Christian!
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       12-15-2016, 6:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Don't see you so much learning from your mistakes as you guys being hysterical. There is nothing to respond to. There have been zero policy decisions and nothing acted upon so everything you are doing at this point is repeating talking points from a echo chamber press who are trying to set up a narrative that Trump is not legit. This is all set up to get future talking points. It is pure politics. If anyone has not learned from a mistake, it is the press and people who echoing the press.

Keep doubling down that Trump is not legit. Keep telling yourself that people are not sick of the globalist policies of the democrats. 33 states now have Republican Governors. 32 of those states now have Republican legislatures It takes 34 states to convene a Constitutional Convention and 38 to approve a Constitutional Amendment. The States can bypass congress. Every year, the democrats keep losing states. Keep telling yourselves that fly over states don't matter and that your majority vote holds water. It will not if you keep alienating the rest of the country.
I'm really excited that you are using actual facts the past few post.

You're right, elected dems are a minority. It goes right along with what i've been saying in that we did this to ourselves. Democrats simply don't show up to vote in mid-terms. In general elections the ones who would show up to vote have hoops to jump though just to get there. Either case, its an issue that dems have no one to blame but themselves.

Interestingly enough, many of them vote against their own best interest. I found this one interesting and it goes back to our conversations about our family members who survived cancer.

http://www.vox.com/science-and-healt...bamacare-trump
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       12-15-2016, 6:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
The Department of Energy is not just about Energy. The Secretary of Energy is a administrative position. It has zero to do with using science. The degree of the person is not the only factor.
Yes, but energy policy and funding recommendations is one of the biggest jobs. For example, wind energy accounts for the largest private sector job growth in the last few years. Now that big oil represents the SOE and SOS what do you think is going to happen to the renewable industry? The fact that it represents 8M jobs..... most of which are in the rust belt....

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...st-time-in-u-s

The only internal defense would be that Goldman is vested in renewable energy....
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-15-2016, 7:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
You really are a model Christian!
You must work at NBC with your editing of what I said. Fail.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-15-2016, 8:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
You must work at NBC with your editing of what I said. Fail.
Markj your right Pesos did edit your post, here is your entire post:

"that right there is the best post-election post on this whole thread. Cliff notes: Suck it libtards. The people have spoken. It's our turn now. Watch and learn. In the mean time, shut up. We got this."

Happy?

Now as Pesos was saying... you are a model Christian!
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-15-2016, 8:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
Rick Perry, Bachelor of Arts in Animal Science from Texas A&M. Forthcoming Trump Administration.

Mr Perry could not remember the name of the Department of Energy a few years back during debate.
Maybe it takes a lot of energy to get a bull to have sex with a cow.
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       12-15-2016, 8:50 AM Reply   
"In general elections the ones who would show up to vote have hoops to jump though just to get there." Can you explain this?

also Re: Rick Perry, if i recall he was a democrat for much of his early career. Maybe he was a lib when he was in school (although not likely at TAMU.

Maybe it was those pesky russians who leaked his transcripts? maybe they can find Obama's too?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-15-2016, 8:51 AM Reply   
The Left complains about Fake News but they are the ones creating Fake News! I wonder is "CIAR" will make a statement about this fake Anti Muslim subway attack.

She should be charged with a Hate crime after all she odviously targeted Trump and her fake story was meant to cause harm to him.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/yasmin-s...on-nyc-subway/
Old    deltahoosier            12-15-2016, 9:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
Spencer Abraham has a Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree from Harvard University.

Bill Richardson was an adjunct professor at Harvard University's Kennedy School of Government and a lecturer at the Armand Hammer United World College of the American West.[26] In 2000, Bill Richardson was awarded a United States Institute of Peace Senior Fellowship. He spent the next year researching and writing on the negotiations with North Korea and the energy dimensions of U.S. relations. In 2011, Richardson was named a senior fellow at the Baker Institute of Rice University.

Federico Peņa-you are right about his education and it is still a Sh$t ton better than a BA in Animal science.

Hazel R. O'Leary: before being given the job she worked as the assistant administrator to the Energy commission (basically second in command).

Rick Perry: hey look someone got his transcripts:
http://austinist.com/2011/08/25/rick...ased_solel.php

Looks like he was on the cheer-leading squad, isn't that cute. Got a 'D' in Principles of Economics (I'm sure you don't need any of that crap to run the department of energy) 'F' in organic chemistry and a 'D' is "meats" whatever the hell that is... I imagine recognizing the difference between a flank steak and a tri tip?
Remember "Trump will surround himself with the best people" I guess everyone else must have failed the classes he got 'D's in.
At the end of the day, you tried to frame the argument that the last few were Science people. Now you are morphing the argument. What do people with law degrees and so on have to do with energy and weapons? It is an administrative position like most of the cabinet positions.

Beat on a guys grades and so on. I got around a 2.0 one semester because we had lost our family home and I was defacto homeless and the college would not process any of my financial applications because they thought I was lying about our income. I went to school almost all semester without books and dealing with all that crap. Would I be considered stupid if you went back and looked at my transcripts? Yes. If you took it on face value, I would. Next semester I got that stuff taken care of by going directly to the president of the University. I got a 4.0 the next. Point is, cherry pick a few lame facts to make a point is not making a point.
Old    deltahoosier            12-15-2016, 9:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublemwa View Post
Yes, but energy policy and funding recommendations is one of the biggest jobs. For example, wind energy accounts for the largest private sector job growth in the last few years. Now that big oil represents the SOE and SOS what do you think is going to happen to the renewable industry? The fact that it represents 8M jobs..... most of which are in the rust belt....

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...st-time-in-u-s

The only internal defense would be that Goldman is vested in renewable energy....
Yep. The market pressures will pave the way. Who says these guys are against renewables. However, we also have to look at how many of those renewables are only living off of tax payers or forced purchase form utilities. I think they have the ability to take a look at the market for what it is or is not.

Department of energy also deals with weapons. They are a big umbrella organization.
Old    deltahoosier            12-15-2016, 9:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by snyder View Post
"In general elections the ones who would show up to vote have hoops to jump though just to get there." Can you explain this?

also Re: Rick Perry, if i recall he was a democrat for much of his early career. Maybe he was a lib when he was in school (although not likely at TAMU.

Maybe it was those pesky russians who leaked his transcripts? maybe they can find Obama's too?
He was quoted in his Wiki that he needed the structure at Texas A&M to make it. He said if he went to Texas or another school that he probably would have gone to a frat party and became a drunk at that age.

On his "cheerleading", I don't think people are familiar with how big of an organization the student cheer section at A&M is. I was always on the playing side of sports, however it is a big deal at that school. To be the leader of that means you had to do a lot and influence many people. Not too bad for a young kid. Then he became an Air Force Officer after graduation. Not too bad.
Old    deltahoosier            12-15-2016, 9:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublemwa View Post
I'm really excited that you are using actual facts the past few post.

You're right, elected dems are a minority. It goes right along with what i've been saying in that we did this to ourselves. Democrats simply don't show up to vote in mid-terms. In general elections the ones who would show up to vote have hoops to jump though just to get there. Either case, its an issue that dems have no one to blame but themselves.

Interestingly enough, many of them vote against their own best interest. I found this one interesting and it goes back to our conversations about our family members who survived cancer.

http://www.vox.com/science-and-healt...bamacare-trump
There is that "own best interest" statement again. What is with democrats these days. My buddy says the same garbage. Must be selfishness ingrained. I vote against my interest all the time because I want what is best for the country not for just me. I understand that if we fail, we will not have the ability to survive.

As far as showing up for elections. You have any idea what it takes for fly over country people to get to the polls? Many are isolated and have to drive considerable miles that cuts into their budgets. Growing up, my mother would plan for the month just to go over and see her sister 30 miles away. I don't think big city people understand what it is like.

Ever see this:

How Liberals Really Feel About Black People

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZCVHB68cuY

I think to a certain degree what you saying between the lines is true. Democrats seem to vote selfishly in my opinion based on the continued quotes "you are stupid for voting in your worst interest". Then add in the segment democrats cater too. 18 year olds and minorities. All things they have to promise stuff to in order to get them to vote for them. If there is nothing on the table for them to vote in their best interest, they stay home. That is the danger of selfish identity politics.

All I know we are about as opposite in direction from JFK's "ask what you can do for your country" speech as we can get with the current democrats.
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-15-2016, 9:51 AM Reply   
Summary of news sites and bias:

http://imgur.com/7xHaUXf

Stay away from that far left and right crap.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-15-2016, 10:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
Markj your right Pesos did edit your post, here is your entire post:

"that right there is the best post-election post on this whole thread. Cliff notes: Suck it libtards. The people have spoken. It's our turn now. Watch and learn. In the mean time, shut up. We got this."

Happy?

Now as Pesos was saying... you are a model Christian!
You both missed the point and I make no apologies. Keep grasping at straws.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-15-2016, 10:44 AM Reply   
I love the Voter ID video above LOL. My thoughts exactly. These zombie liberal students that's our university's keep churning out are so Smart they are Retarded. No wonder why so many people love the show "The Big Bang Theroy" it's not a University of education it's a place to indoctrinate young minds
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-15-2016, 10:52 AM Reply   
Yes, the "Big Bang Theory" is a university of indoctrination. And that's why it's a hit show.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-15-2016, 11:09 AM Reply   
Just ate some member berries dated jun 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Still a very deluded statement. Even if Trump were to win, I am willing to bet that Hillary wins the popular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Very deluded that Trump will win the popular vote? You might want to consider a dictionary.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-15-2016, 11:41 AM Reply   
Hey John while you're digging up old posts in this thread why don't you dig up the one where you said you would leave if Trump won.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-15-2016, 12:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Hey John while you're digging up old posts in this thread why don't you dig up the one where you said you would leave if Trump won.
Looking for things that don't exist has never been able to hold my interest.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-15-2016, 12:20 PM Reply   
John: to refresh your selective memory. When thing's were getting Heated in this thread as they often have over the 50 so odd pages You said you wanted to make a Bet that If trump Won you would leave the fourm. However I don't expect or want you to go anywhere, Much like many of the other People that said they would leave the country if trump won I know they are not going anywhere. I would however like Each of Celebrity's that said they would leave to be constantly Hounded by that question. Amy Shumer and Al Sharpton especially. Wouldn't it be great if the person interviewing these people would start the interview with " So how are your plans for moving out of the USA going"
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-15-2016, 12:51 PM Reply   
What is it about my previous post that didn't clue you into the fact that I never posted what you claimed? I'm an "apathist" (yeah, I made up the word). I don't really care that much about who one the election. What I care about is intellectual honesty. Right now I really want to see Trump implement his 45% tariff (or whatever he's claiming now). I really want him to "investigate" Hillary and try to convict her. I really want him to try and built that wall. I really want Trump supporters to get what they asked for. I am sorry about the people who didn't support Trump and may suffer under his policies, but I also want people to face the fact that Trump's BS isn't going to do jack to make this country better.

There is no question that I underestimated how gullible Americans were when I claimed Trump doesn't have a chance. So now I'll just sit back and watch. Paraphrasing a letter to the editor that I read recently in the paper... "Trump is like chemo. You never want it, but if you have to have it then you hope for the best outcome.". However, I'm divided over whether the best outcome is that people learn to not fall for the kind of BS that Trump spews, or that things just work out and Trump doesn't do anything incredibly stupid that we are paying for decades or years to come... like with Bush.

None of this means a lot to me. I'm partially retired. Just spent the last three days at the cable wake skating a sold 3-4 hours each day non-stop and loving life.

It's not even like I could forget making a post to leave WW over the election because it's not in my character to even care that much. So I'm pitting my "selective memory" to your "imaginary memory" in a dual. All you have to do is produce the quote to win.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-15-2016, 2:03 PM Reply   
John it's great that your a true Lib! Here is a great example of your and your party's Hypocrisy. You are critical of trump for Spewing "all this things he will never come threw on" But your guilty of these very same things. You say your Outa here if Trump wins and then NOW you admit you can't even remember saying it. Wow Pot Meet Kettle.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-15-2016, 2:35 PM Reply   
Let me try a different form of communication. One that a knuckledragger like yourself should be able to understand....

Either put up or shut up. Quit being a dumb f**k and stop accusing me of posting something I never posted!

In addition, my previous statement was not an admission to not remembering. I was saying I couldn't forget something that I know I would never post. It's not in my character to care enough about the election enough to make such a promise.
Old     (allzway)      Join Date: Feb 2014       12-16-2016, 6:58 AM Reply   
"Hope and Change"... We got neither.

"Make America Great Again"... Won't happen either.

Both sides are so hypocritical.
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       12-16-2016, 7:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
There is that "own best interest" statement again. What is with democrats these days. My buddy says the same garbage. Must be selfishness ingrained. I vote against my interest all the time because I want what is best for the country not for just me. I understand that if we fail, we will not have the ability to survive.

As far as showing up for elections. You have any idea what it takes for fly over country people to get to the polls? Many are isolated and have to drive considerable miles that cuts into their budgets. Growing up, my mother would plan for the month just to go over and see her sister 30 miles away. I don't think big city people understand what it is like.

Ever see this:

How Liberals Really Feel About Black People

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZCVHB68cuY

I think to a certain degree what you saying between the lines is true. Democrats seem to vote selfishly in my opinion based on the continued quotes "you are stupid for voting in your worst interest". Then add in the segment democrats cater too. 18 year olds and minorities. All things they have to promise stuff to in order to get them to vote for them. If there is nothing on the table for them to vote in their best interest, they stay home. That is the danger of selfish identity politics.

All I know we are about as opposite in direction from JFK's "ask what you can do for your country" speech as we can get with the current democrats.
I'm not sure I follow the voting against you're own best interest is selfish argument...

That video is ****ing hysterical. Legit, funny that someone is that dumb to 1) produce it & 2) not see the flaw in it. I do agree that some of the "liberals" he interviewed are idiots, but those are easy to find from either side. In an earlier post you talked about people not in the big city not understanding what goes in rural America. So this guy, interviews African Americans, who appear to be born, and currently being raised in Harlem NYC, about a problem that targets rural America. Can you not see the problem with that?

When I go back to rural America next week for the holidays should I ask some of my backwoods relatives what housing policies have led to sharp increase in home prices for California?

You should probably put more equity into sources that are less biased....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...nting-out-the-
racism-behind-voter-id-laws/?utm_term=.1283679a1c13

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...-id-law-226438

But why is this even a concern of the right? If the pro voter Id argument is that it will stop illegal immigrants and non citizens from voting, then where is the evidence of voter fraud that warrants a registration that further limits voter turnout? This past election only 46% of eligible voters showed up to vote. The be the founders of democracy, we have the lowest turn-out on the world. A sane person would think voter IDs isn't the issue when no one even shows up to vote anyway.

Sorry to ramble on but I just thought of something was strange growing in rural America. My middle school was about a 3 mile drive from my home, or a walk though my backyard, then though county owned field, to come out in some woods behind the school for a walk that was about 30 mins. Let's just say it was close. The school itself was smack in the middle of a public housing. I remember having election days off from school because the gym was used as a polling place. I found out that was my school because my middle class, blue collar, neighborhood was included in the poor neighborhood so that my district was poll red (gerrymandering). Once I turned 18 I had to drive 45 minutes to a fire department to vote. This fire department was out in the middle of no where and serviced a very rural part of the county. The only reason our polling place was not in the gym of the middle school was because it was walking distance from the poor neighborhood. The district that voted in the gym were the homes that surrounded the lake....
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       12-16-2016, 7:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
I am not sure how you conclude that bringing jobs back is a sound bite with no real datapoints. Remember, that was Trumps platform. The individual Republicans I am sure still have some of their own agendas from state to state.

Van Jones is as confused as anyone. He met with one family that historically voted democrat until they finally voted for Trump or like the wife in the family did not vote at all. Now due to one interview, he is walking back all his racists overtones of "whitelash" in the voting. There are disenfranchised Republicans in regards to Trump. They wanted a more conservative family values type. I get that.

My take is, middle America type democrats are not the same as coastal democrats. Middle America was about division of labor, who got the spoils of business and workers rights. I think those are honest discussions and debates to have to a certain degree. Overall they are still religious, gun loving, and America first people. I think the democrat party has left them behind. I think when the democrats are supporting jobs leaving the country, bashing their religion, want to take their guns and putting illegals in front of citizens; they are looking for an alternative. Those items I mentioned play well in the city, now so much in the country.
Delayed reply: the data points for the bring jobs back is just a sound bite that republicans use;

- In 2015 the GOP Senate blocked a deficit neutral infrastructure bill that was aimed at creating jobs
- In 2011 Obama went 0-3 for his jobs bill when Republicans led a filibuster
- Most recently Ryan cut the "buy American" portion of the bill for WI

Just as it was Trumps platform now, history confirms it's a republican sound bite when they took the senate in the 2014 mid-terms

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_6227190.html

http://www.wsj.com/articles/midterm-...ape-1415235922

Republicans like the concept of brining jobs back, but it conflicts with their conservative spending. Cut infrastructure, buy more weapons...
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-16-2016, 8:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
At the end of the day, you tried to frame the argument that the last few were Science people. Now you are morphing the argument. What do people with law degrees and so on have to do with energy and weapons? It is an administrative position like most of the cabinet positions.

Beat on a guys grades and so on. I got around a 2.0 one semester because we had lost our family home and I was defacto homeless and the college would not process any of my financial applications because they thought I was lying about our income. I went to school almost all semester without books and dealing with all that crap. Would I be considered stupid if you went back and looked at my transcripts? Yes. If you took it on face value, I would. Next semester I got that stuff taken care of by going directly to the president of the University. I got a 4.0 the next. Point is, cherry pick a few lame facts to make a point is not making a point.
Two things:
1. Those are ALL of Perrys transcripts grades, he didn't get better in his last years. Crap grades all the way through=not a smart or hard working guy.
2. Are you saying that you are qualified to be head the department of energy?

He is being picked to head a department that he forgot the name of when he was running for pres at the start of all of this. Not only that he forgot its name when he was talking about which departments he would shut down.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-17-2016, 12:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
To put it in perspective, jimmy carter sold his peanut farm to avoid the appearance of a conflict of interest.
You know? I think it's hilarious that you had to reach back over 40 years to find an example of a democrat doing something that might resemble having a form of selflessness or integrity. Did you remember to pay your monthly due to the Clinton Foundation this month? Baha!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-17-2016, 12:22 PM Reply   
#Unpresidented has got me thinking, Shall we start a sweepstakes about how long Drumpf will remain in office? And for bonus points reason to leave office.
Right from not make it to inauguration to two full terms?
I'll start with 18 months in first term: Retire citing "More important things to do"
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-17-2016, 1:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
You know? I think it's hilarious that you had to reach back over 40 years to find an example of a democrat doing something that might resemble having a form of selflessness or integrity. Did you remember to pay your monthly due to the Clinton Foundation this month? Baha!
He was the last business owner. All the rest of the presidents since then have put ALL of their investments into blind trusts so that there was no conflict of interest.

Trump is "letting his kids handle the business" which doesn't do anything because he knows what political decisions will benefit his "kids" business and besides which his kids are heavily involved in the politics side (example: 25% of the people at the "technology council" had the last name Trump, and he has been asking his kids for recommendations for his cabinet) so how does that help anything?
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       12-17-2016, 1:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
You know? I think it's hilarious that you had to reach back over 40 years to find an example of a democrat doing something that might resemble having a form of selflessness or integrity. Did you remember to pay your monthly due to the Clinton Foundation this month? Baha!
wow.... I think you should start with the First Responders Act as the best example of where conservatives oppositions really lie.

Your better argument is you have to look back 40 years for a democratic president that created economic problems. It would be a far reach to make Carter out to have been a good president. But at least he didn't use the presidency to gain ground in his peanut game or his brothers beer company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
#Unpresidented has got me thinking, Shall we start a sweepstakes about how long Drumpf will remain in office? And for bonus points reason to leave office.
Right from not make it to inauguration to two full terms?
I'll start with 18 months in first term: Retire citing "More important things to do"
There are already betting lines on it....
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-17-2016, 4:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
#Unpresidented has got me thinking, Shall we start a sweepstakes about how long Drumpf will remain in office? And for bonus points reason to leave office.
Right from not make it to inauguration to two full terms?
I'll start with 18 months in first term: Retire citing "More important things to do"
I will take 22 months and full impeachment
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-17-2016, 8:15 PM Reply   
^^^^^ LOL^^^^^
Comming from the same people that thought the Beast was gonna win in a landslide. It's ok. Crying and safe Zones along with Therapy puppy's and play dough will be available for all.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-17-2016, 9:05 PM Reply   
Yes true, my track record on picking US politics has taken bit of a kicking but I'm still willing to have a guess and put it out there. What you think G, put a stick in the sand. You too Delta.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-17-2016, 11:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublemwa View Post
wow.... I think you should start with the First Responders Act as the best example of where conservatives oppositions really lie.

Your better argument is you have to look back 40 years for a democratic president that created economic problems. It would be a far reach to make Carter out to have been a good president. But at least he didn't use the presidency to gain ground in his peanut game or his brothers beer company.



There are already betting lines on it....
Ha! Yeah. Billy Beer. Almost forgot about that.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-17-2016, 11:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
He was the last business owner. All the rest of the presidents since then have put ALL of their investments into blind trusts so that there was no conflict of interest.

Trump is "letting his kids handle the business" which doesn't do anything because he knows what political decisions will benefit his "kids" business and besides which his kids are heavily involved in the politics side (example: 25% of the people at the "technology council" had the last name Trump, and he has been asking his kids for recommendations for his cabinet) so how does that help anything?
Yeah I get it, but you know what? He doesn't need this job period. Besides his big fat ego, I believe he genuinely wants to put the country in the right direction after having been in an 8 year long train wreck so... Put down the Play-Doh, go back to work and watch the show. I'm sure it'll be a good one, warts and all.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-18-2016, 8:26 AM Reply   
What is it with the knuckledraggers and thier play doh obsession?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-18-2016, 3:01 PM Reply   
Ralph: @ this point I care not, I'm gonna sit back and laugh at all the Conspiracies the Libs come up with , I'm just hear to laugh at all the crybabys. Fly do you sound like you need therapy dog to pet or some beloved liberal play dough in your safe zone.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-18-2016, 4:25 PM Reply   
I just had a bike ride with Lance, was super fun
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       12-18-2016, 6:33 PM Reply   
I dont like either Hillary or Trump so theres that. My personal belief is that trump has a condition called narcissistic personality disorder. He is beyond wealthy but the only thing that satisfies him is attention.

This is from mayo clinic.

Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental disorder in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for admiration and a lack of empathy for others. But behind this mask of ultraconfidence lies a fragile self-esteem that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism.

Being president is like a drug for him.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-18-2016, 7:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
I just had a bike ride with Lance, was super fun
Winning!



All the Play-Doh and Therapy Dog trolling amuses me. If that's the best response you've got, school yard pigeonholing/name calling ...well, have at it.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-18-2016, 11:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
What is it with the knuckledraggers and thier play doh obsession?
Hey the Play-Dough/safe space thing is/was YOUR party's way of coping with The Beast's loss. YOU GUYS are/were the ones that need(ed) it. We just laugh and poke fun at it because it should be so embarrassing for you guys. I had plenty of good laughs watching CNN today as well. It was an exercise in patheticville, watching these pointy headed "intellectuals" discuss the merit of the electoral college and our election process. You could sum up the entire show (at least the part I watched) as sour grapes, entitled crybabies still crying and not accepting the inevitable. It's like the entire democratic party is STILL in shock that they lost. So funny. Picture: John Carrey in Dumb and Dumber, "didn't even see it coming."
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       12-19-2016, 4:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brichter14 View Post
I dont like either Hillary or Trump so theres that. My personal belief is that trump has a condition called narcissistic personality disorder. He is beyond wealthy but the only thing that satisfies him is attention.

This is from mayo clinic.

Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental disorder in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for admiration and a lack of empathy for others. But behind this mask of ultraconfidence lies a fragile self-esteem that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism.

Being president is like a drug for him.
This is from the DSM-V. The book psychiatrist use to diagnose.


Symptoms:

•Having an exaggerated sense of self-importance.
•Expecting to be recognized as superior.
•Exaggerating your achievements and talents.
•Being preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate.
•Believing that you are superior and can only be understood by or associate with equally special people.
•Requiring constant admiration.
•Having a sense of entitlement.
•Expecting special favors and unquestioning compliance with your expectations.
•Taking advantage of others to get what you want.
•Having an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others.
•Being envious of others and believing others envy you.
•Behaving in an arrogant or haughty manner.

Why is this harmful?



•Ignoring requests to cease behavior (such as cheating and lying).
•Name calling, criticizing, belittling, mean “jokes”, jabs and put downs (verbal abuse).
•Arguments surrounding the same issues over and over.
•Turning around a partner’s concerns to blame him/her and block the conversation.
•No closure - no apologies, no accountability, no consequences, no change.
•Narcissists are capable of inflicting physical and psychological harm on others and are unmoved by the plight of those they hurt.

Last edited by brichter14; 12-19-2016 at 4:53 AM. Reason: Adding.
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       12-19-2016, 6:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
^^^^^ LOL^^^^^
Comming from the same people that thought the Beast was gonna win in a landslide. It's ok. Crying and safe Zones along with Therapy puppy's and play dough will be available for all.
hahaha

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/08/us...tory.html?_r=0

Is being a pansy a liberal issue, or just a college student issue....
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       12-19-2016, 6:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Yeah I get it, but you know what? He doesn't need this job period. Besides his big fat ego, I believe he genuinely wants to put the country in the right direction after having been in an 8 year long train wreck so... Put down the Play-Doh, go back to work and watch the show. I'm sure it'll be a good one, warts and all.

Doesn't need this job? Think about that for a second.....

There isn't any doubt he wanted to win the presidency. Now does he WANT this job? Its full-time, 24/7/365x4. Rumors are Kasich turned down VP role because it was established Trump wouldn't be running the day-to-day. That same rumor is supported by his refusal of security briefings.

Have you watched his "thank you tour" speeches? At this point, there isn't denying he isn't putting the country in any direction expect the one that works for him and his cabinet/donors. Let's just hope it isn't a direction that crashes the economy, again.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-19-2016, 8:02 AM Reply   
I especially liked the response to his supporters when they chanted "Put Hillary behind bars". He's like... "That played well before the election, but nobody cares now."

He flat out told they they were a bunch of stooges for ever believing his BS and then accused them of being nobody.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-19-2016, 8:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublemwa View Post
hahaha

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/08/us...tory.html?_r=0

Is being a pansy a liberal issue, or just a college student issue....
We've all seen plenty of post election interviews of people who couldn't take the results of the election. I think we all know it's both a liberal issue as well as a college issue.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-19-2016, 8:10 AM Reply   
Your top Republican Mitch McConnell had the same problem when Obama was elected. Except instead of protesting he simply claimed that the GOP had an agenda of bringing American down so that Obama was a one term President. I prefer people protest an outcome they don't like instead of taking it out on the nation as an abuse of position.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-19-2016, 8:29 AM Reply   
I had turned on face the nation on Sunday morning and this crybaby Dem politician was complaining about the Dems loss and he said "we (the Dems) have sour grapes and it not gonna make the wine we have to drink for the next 4 years taste any better". Yes I'm sure (with enough play dough and thearpy dogs) in their safe spaces the Dems are gonna just get over the loss and work with the president in nations best interest. LOL it's gonna be a "Orange-Lashing" for the next 4 years from the Dems. O well!

Last edited by grant_west; 12-19-2016 at 8:31 AM.
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       12-19-2016, 8:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
I especially liked the response to his supporters when they chanted "Put Hillary behind bars". He's like... "That played well before the election, but nobody cares now."

He flat out told they they were a bunch of stooges for ever believing his BS and then accused them of being nobody.
I got a good laugh when on his support tour he went off on his Drain the Swamp sound bite being hooky. When he said "..then I said it like I believed it and everyone went crazy" I nearly spat out my coffee.

Listening to his supporters defend it makes me feel like I'm living in Jonestown.
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       12-19-2016, 8:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
We've all seen plenty of post election interviews of people who couldn't take the results of the election. I think we all know it's both a liberal issue as well as a college issue.
But not a conservative / republican issue?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-19-2016, 9:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublemwa View Post
I got a good laugh when on his support tour he went off on his Drain the Swamp sound bite being hooky. When he said "..then I said it like I believed it and everyone went crazy" I nearly spat out my coffee.
It really says a lot when even Trump is surprised at how easy his supporters are duped.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-19-2016, 9:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
I had turned on face the nation on Sunday morning and this crybaby Dem politician was complaining about the Dems loss and he said "we (the Dems) have sour grapes and it not gonna make the wine we have to drink for the next 4 years taste any better". Yes I'm sure (with enough play dough and thearpy dogs) in their safe spaces the Dems are gonna just get over the loss and work with the president in nations best interest. LOL it's gonna be a "Orange-Lashing" for the next 4 years from the Dems. O well!

You mean exactly like the last 8 years of Republican obstructionism. Yep. We will continue to not get anything done in Washington because no-one wants to compromise and meet in the middle.

Just one example:
http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2015/0...ked-Senate-GOP
Now the GOP is saying they will start a infrastructure bill to spur job growth. How much you want to bet it is exactly like the one they didn't allow because it would have been a win for Obama, and how much you want to bet the the Democrats will do their damnest to stop it so that it isn't a win for small-hands. Meanwhile our bridges and roads are falling apart.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-19-2016, 9:28 AM Reply   
^^^^And people wonder why Americans wanted a Anti establishment or person in office. Your 100% right both sides are a Joke. No wonder why drain the swamp became a popular statement. Start with Pelosi.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-19-2016, 10:00 AM Reply   
Drain the swamp became so popular because people that liked it are stupid and have no idea what kind of govt they need to address the real issues of the nation. This thread is a good example of being focused on things that are of no importance. People are protesting Trump because his agenda is extremely right wing and doesn't represent building a better America for anyone. Maybe it floats your boat to deny a woman an abortion, a gay couple marriage rights, take money away from public education, or put 20 million people back on the ER for HC but that is of zero importance to solving this nation's fiscal problems or helping people get employment that pays an above poverty wage. Yes the idiots think this is about Play Doh, but it isn't.

The GOP repeatedly tried to kill the ACA when they knew they couldn't do it. Now they are talking about leaving kids on the policy until 26 and keeping the insured even with pre-existing conditions clause. But the Play Doh spewers don't realize that this isn't repealing the ACA, it's keeping the parts that make it expensive and just kicking everyone off that needed a subsidy to get it. Repealing the mandate is only good for people who don't want to be insured and have nothing to lose by racking up 50K hospital bills.

I think it's hilarious that we would elect a President to "drain the swamp" of people who we elected. This is a classic example of shirking your responsibility as a voter. Even more hilarious that after he's elected he's like.... "I can't believe that people bought that crap"
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-19-2016, 10:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Drain the swamp became so popular because people that liked it are stupid and have no idea what kind of govt they need to address
O you mean Just like the people that Voted for "Hope and Change" they must have been smart like you John!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-19-2016, 10:19 AM Reply   
John im sure you voted for hope and change 2x How did that work out for you?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-19-2016, 10:36 AM Reply   
Worked out pretty well. We got more people with HI and a focus on the real issue of HC. We got gay people enhanced rights. Less people being jailed for pot possession. A path to normalized relations with Cuba after 5+ decades denying Americans their right to travel and trade with a beautiful tropical nation right off our coast. Not to mention a path to not oppressing the poor people of that nation that already have enough problems without rich imperialists trying to hold them down.

Yeah Obama made a few mistakes, Syria most specifically, and perhaps the TPP. But he did get us out of Iraq and forced them to work harder handle their own internal problems.

Of course the fact that "Hope and Change" is simply an ambiguous message similar to "Make America Great Again", without the implication that America isn't great that comes with the latter, escapes a lot of people like yourself. Now instead of a President that measures his words and is thoughtful about his speech, we get a President that says the first thing that comes to mind because it's the easiest way to dupe the intellectually lazy and takes little effort. We get a President that made very specific promises to get elected, then after getting elected freely admits that those specific promises were only made because it worked to get elected and now he doesn't care about them. So yeah, hope and change was much better. And considering that Congress was only interested in making Obama look bad even if it meant collecting a paycheck for 8 years trying to hold the country back from any progress that would have put Obama in a good light, I'd say he did a good job.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-19-2016, 12:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
No wonder why drain the swamp became a popular statement.
I don't think I'm factually wrong by saying that anyone who still says Trump is going to "drain the swamp" is paying NO ATTENTION to his cabinet picks.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-19-2016, 1:14 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/attac...1&d=1482182041
Attached Images
 
Old     (VanillaGorilla)      Join Date: Nov 2015       12-19-2016, 1:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Worked out pretty well. We got more people with HI and a focus on the real issue of HC. We got gay people enhanced rights. Less people being jailed for pot possession. A path to normalized relations with Cuba after 5+ decades denying Americans their right to travel and trade with a beautiful tropical nation right off our coast. Not to mention a path to not oppressing the poor people of that nation that already have enough problems without rich imperialists trying to hold them down.

Yeah Obama made a few mistakes, Syria most specifically, and perhaps the TPP. But he did get us out of Iraq and forced them to work harder handle their own internal problems.

Of course the fact that "Hope and Change" is simply an ambiguous message similar to "Make America Great Again", without the implication that America isn't great that comes with the latter, escapes a lot of people like yourself. Now instead of a President that measures his words and is thoughtful about his speech, we get a President that says the first thing that comes to mind because it's the easiest way to dupe the intellectually lazy and takes little effort. We get a President that made very specific promises to get elected, then after getting elected freely admits that those specific promises were only made because it worked to get elected and now he doesn't care about them. So yeah, hope and change was much better. And considering that Congress was only interested in making Obama look bad even if it meant collecting a paycheck for 8 years trying to hold the country back from any progress that would have put Obama in a good light, I'd say he did a good job.
Seriously? The nation has spoken. Get used to it. You were preaching doom and gloom for the stock market the day of the election..... what's the latest dow?? Maybe getting used to a different way of approaching problems and putting the nation first is a new concept for you but you have AT LEAST 4 years to get used to it... bahahahaha!
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-19-2016, 1:36 PM Reply   
Hey Vag... Nice to hear from your dumb a$$. I was asked a question and responded with an answer. I was anticipating that the stock market would tank because the economists were predicting it. It didn't happen and now that's old news, just like you.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-19-2016, 1:41 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/attac...1&d=1482183658
Attached Images
 
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 4:44 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2019 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us