Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 16, 2009

Old     (bakes5)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-02-2009, 7:19 AM Reply   
Looking for a lake house to go next July or August for a week or so. I live in Seattle area and most of my family is in the Salt Lake to Idaho region. Looking for someplace somewhere between the 2 that has nice cabins with docks and not too much driftwood in the lake. Anybody have any good ideas?

Bakes
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-02-2009, 9:41 AM Reply   
You could go to Shasta, I think they have cabins. Or you could complete the effect and rent a houseboat, its a grand way to spend a week.
Old     (nauti4life)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-02-2009, 10:19 AM Reply   
Bear Lake. The water is crystal clear. It is on the border of Utah and Idaho. Fun for all.

http://www.utah.com/logan/bear_lake.htm
Old     (bakes5)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-02-2009, 12:02 PM Reply   
Done a couple of bear lake week trips. Love the lake, but it often gets pretty choppy and there isn't really any place to tie up the boats. With the winds and waves I've seen there I am a little hesitant to anchor it out there and hope it doesn't blow away overnight....maybe I should just put the cover on, super-anchor it and quit worrying about it.
Old    dperizzolo            11-02-2009, 12:29 PM Reply   
Lake Pend Oreille, Sandpoint, ID
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-02-2009, 12:32 PM Reply   
I don't know much about them but have heard the names thrown around. Billy Chinook or Prineville Reservoir in Central Oregon.
Old    Slingshot            11-02-2009, 12:58 PM Reply   
Lake Billy Chinook and Prineville are both awesome lakes! They get crazy busy on the weekends, so the week days are the time to go. You can rent house boats on Billy Chinook.
Old     (aaudii5150)      Join Date: Jun 2009       11-02-2009, 3:36 PM Reply   
Lake Cour de Alene is one of my favs. You have to ride early or late but there is a lot of cool stuff to do the rest of the time! I know a bunch of people that go to Billy Chinook and Love it too......
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-02-2009, 4:09 PM Reply   
What about Wallowa Lake in Joseph, Oregon, or Payette Lake in McCall, Idaho. I've never been out on either lake but I've visited in the winter and both look awesome albeit a little chilly probably. They're not too far off the beaten path on the way to Utah. Also if anyone rents any of the houses at Hat Rock on the Columbia River near Umatilla Oregon that's on of the best stretches of water I've ridden.
Old     (nauti4life)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-03-2009, 4:48 PM Reply   
I have always wanted to go to Island Park in Idaho.
Old     (bakes5)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-03-2009, 6:15 PM Reply   
How come you have to ride early or late at Cour D'alene? does it blow out or does it get too busy
Old     (blindmnkee3)      Join Date: Aug 2001       11-04-2009, 9:40 AM Reply   
Too busy, that lake is a cluster. Big tour boats and yachts far outnumber ski boats. We've camped on the south end of the lake, on-the-water camping at Windy Bay but it still wasn't great. Gigantic, incredibly beautiful but terrible to wakeboard on. Early or late season you might get lucky with calm water, but it'll be very cold
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-04-2009, 11:53 AM Reply   
If you want to head up by Cour D'alene you should go a bit further and go to the Pend Oreille River. I stayed at a cabin there once and it was amazing.