Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (lukus)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-31-2009, 10:17 AM Reply   
I'm in a '99 Malibu Sunsetter DD. Other than the wedge I have no ballast, but looking to add some. This is what I am thinking: The rear seat can be moved up to the arm rests and looks like there is room for a 800# sack below. Also, room for weight in the floor ski locker probably 350#. Combined with the wedge will this be enough? I don't really want bags taking up a lot floor space. Anyone have suggestions? With people and the wedge, I don't have much of a pocket and what I do have is a very small zone
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-31-2009, 12:12 PM Reply   
One tip I can give you real quick is that Bu's love bow weight. It will also draw your pocket out some more. Stuck in some bad weather at the moment, will post more when I get to a computer
Old     (moonshine)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-31-2009, 12:17 PM Reply   
Add the solid weight to the side you surf. Do you you have tanks in the bow? If so fill them. Try full and if that doesn't work drain it while you are riding. The wave will be better with weight on the side, but I understand. I cant stand ballast on the floor of the boat.
Old     (lukus)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-03-2009, 7:32 AM Reply   
Had 10 people on the boat over the weekend to try to dial in on the wake. I was able to get a nice tall wave but the pocket was still pretty small. Sounds like I need to add more than I thought in the bow to lengthen it out. That scares me a little....girlfriend driving + Lake Austin rollers + more weight up front = some serious chili dippin