Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-19-2009, 4:58 PM Reply   
Thought I had it dialed in a couple weeks ago, but the last 2 times out, I was having problems even creating slack in the rope. Here's what we were running....
550 in the locker
3 on that side, one running from front to back on the same side trying to figure it out, and TAPS around 6(ish)
Played with speed anywhere from 10-14 and just couldn't find it.
Any help is appreciated!
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-19-2009, 8:06 PM Reply   
are you running only 550 total ballast aside from your passengers? sorry, don't know much about tiges.
Old    surfdad            06-20-2009, 6:18 AM Reply   
We had a 21V prior to our 23V and ran the same set up then, that we have now. I believe that the dimensions of the old locker is slightly different than the newer model lockers, so adjust accordingly.

The biggest thing I have found is that my Tige's do NOT like bow weight.

I started with a 750 in the rear locker, eventually adding a tad more - a 250 fat buddy filled maybe 1/2 full on top. Then some sort of tube like bag - like a inboard side sac - under the bench seat and then our "people ballst" arranged heaviest in rear corner up the bench seat. I eventually went to a cusom sac hat fills the entire rear locker and then a finger that extends up and under the bench seat for a theroretical total of around 1,300 pounds and that's just about the minimum with some people ballast, too.

NO ballast in the bow.

Taps starting at 4 and then I would adjust upwards as I burned gas.

Speed at 10.5 to 11.0. Above 11 on my PP starts to cause cavitation now and again. Below 10.5 was too mushy. For folks having trouble with the wake (often times their board was too small for them) we'd reduce speed to the 10.5 setting.

I remember on my Tige, that if we didn't have enough weight the wake face was washy, when we started getting close to the right weight, the face would clean up, but the lip was soft and mushy. Once the weight was good, the entire face of the wake was clean.

Can you share with us your weight and what board you're riding?
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-20-2009, 7:00 AM Reply   
I'm 170 and riding a 5' LF Skimskate
And yes, the 550 is all the ballast we are running. We had 9 in the boat one day with me behind w/o it filled and it ws perfect, but I'm going to try out the above hopefully tomorrow....at work now YAY!
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-20-2009, 12:48 PM Reply   
I run ZERO wait in the bow on my tige also, definitely no need for bow weight in the tige, just use taps to adjust attitude.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-22-2009, 12:27 PM Reply   
No weight in the bow of my Tige (RZ2) either. The bow weight kills the height of the wave and doesn't give you any longer of a pocket either.
Old     (moonshine)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-23-2009, 8:32 AM Reply   
750# rear locker, 750# back seat. You lose the back seat but it is worth it.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-30-2009, 3:14 PM Reply   
Found it ! Thanks a ton guys, We had tried running without in the front, but TAPS at 4 really helped.
Thanks!