Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-20-2008, 12:15 PM Reply   
So yesterday I was sitting back on the pad while the Regular's (I'm goofy) were surfing and I think I may have gotten a little CO poisoning. When it was my turn to surf I got super dizzy and my vision was a bit blurry. The only other thing I can think of is that maybe my dry suit neck hole was a little to tight and wasn't allowing enough blood flow to the old brain. I've never had an issue sitting back there before but I was back there longer than normal and it was cold so I think the CO has a harder time clearing the back. What'd ya think sound plausible?
Old     (hawaj)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-20-2008, 2:06 PM Reply   
What we should do in case of CO poisoning? Breath deeply or take doze of pure oxygen? I actualy dont know....
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-20-2008, 5:40 PM Reply   
y, the pad is the worst place. I have been back there to help kids, you have to be very careful, probably should wear a PFD while on the pad due to that.
Old     (jstieg)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-21-2008, 12:15 AM Reply   
drysuit hole being to tight will do the trick. i worked in a surf shop for a while and went to dive school. countless times i heard of that happening due to too small of wetsuits.
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-21-2008, 8:00 AM Reply   
I would think the CO would affect you then and there moreso than later when you're surfing. Perhaps it was a combination of the CO and tight neckhole.
Old     (moonshine)      Join Date: Jun 2008       10-21-2008, 9:56 AM Reply   
Go to Freshairexhaust.com, It is the best investment for your boat. Plus it saves lives...
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       10-21-2008, 11:21 AM Reply   
Carbon Monoxide from the exhaust can be pulled along by the boat in the turbulence behind the transom. They call this the 'stationwagon affect'. CO takes more than a week to completely leave your system so there is a cumulative effect on your blood stream. If you are exposed you should avoid being exposed again for at least a week. It is a dangerous thing.
If you think you are suffering the effects of exposure, and your symptoms are typical, then move to the front of the boat, ahead of the windscreen, and make sure it's turned off when you are loading or unloading riders. Be careful on the drive home.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       10-21-2008, 11:23 AM Reply   
Hate, that profile pic of yours looks like you've got a good load of beer stashed in your boat.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-21-2008, 11:44 AM Reply   
Yes it's my favorite ballast but on the Vdrive the cooler is on the starboard side so it was actually off setting my surf ballast. Without the beer ballast she'd really be on list!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-21-2008, 11:48 AM Reply   
I'm pretty positive that it was the CO. I've never had an issue with my dry suit before and it's taken a couple days to get fully right...well at least as right as I get.

David, I'm very aware of the FAE and have it planned this winter as does my friend who's boat I was on. I'm most excited about the engine noise reduction well that and the whole not dying thing.