Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (somebodyelse5)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-07-2008, 7:14 PM Reply   
Ok guys. 2002 Tige 20V RE we run at 10.3-11.0 mph with all of the sacks full. I am not positive on the weights, but i was told combined its near 1500lbs? 2 big sack in the back and two up in the front. We fill everything up and put everybody on the port side. But when we ride with just 3 people, we dont get the extra weight.

What else can we do? (besides getting a bigger boat) last 4 times we wet out we have not done anything but surfed.
Old     (moonshine)      Join Date: Jun 2008       09-08-2008, 9:43 AM Reply   
How much weight is up front? You only need about 200#'s in the nose. Do you have Taps? If so try it around 4.
Old     (somebodyelse5)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-09-2008, 8:51 PM Reply   
Yea, im not sure on the weight up front. but we got two sacks cramed in there on the sides. i could see 200lbs easy.

Yea we have the taps, we have it all the way on wake, i think the # is 7 lol. Ill try it at 4 next time. should we bump the speed up too?
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-10-2008, 8:08 AM Reply   
Joey, your filling both rears on both sides? Only fill the surf side if you are and your wave will drastically improve.
Old     (koryk)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-10-2008, 8:33 AM Reply   
Razzman is on point on this. If you are evenly weighting the boat, your wake won't be anything near what you'll get by throwing all your weight on one side. I would suggest you actively move your weight around the boat until you are getting what you want from the wake. We run with all the weight on one side only.
Old     (somebodyelse5)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-10-2008, 2:51 PM Reply   
We have tried just one side and it wasnt much better but next time we will play around with it more.. we normally fill both sides, set the taps at 7, perfect pass at 10.5 and put everyone on the port side and we can get a decent wave.

Anything else we should try besides only filling the port side sacks and the front and taps at 4? What speed should we try?
Old     (somebodyelse5)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-10-2008, 2:51 PM Reply   
We have tried just one side and it wasnt much better but next time we will play around with it more.. we normally fill both sides, set the taps at 7, perfect pass at 10.5 and put everyone on the port side and we can get a decent wave.

Anything else we should try besides only filling the port side sacks and the front and taps at 4? What speed should we try?
Old     (scottnaz)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-10-2008, 4:22 PM Reply   
1500?? lbs distributed? 4 bags of the same size?, so around 400lbs ea? I'd say you put one bag up front, and the other 3 bags on the side your surfing in the back. At the very least, 1 up front, 1 center walkway, and 2 in the back surf side corner. I wouldn't bother putting any weight on the non-surf side.

You'll have to play around with the speed, anywhere between 9.5-12.0. Start at the lower end, and increase speed until the wave cleans up.

Sorry, I don't know anything about the TAPS system, so I'll defer to those surfers with Tiges'.

Another option is to pick up a 750lb sack and tsunami pump to add to the surf side when needed, especially when you have a small crew.
Old    surfdad            09-10-2008, 4:40 PM Reply   
I've had a 21V RE and currently a 23V LE and neither of those boats like bow weight. It knocked the height down considerably and didn't lengthen the pocket measurably.

I run a custom fat sac that fills the rear compartment on the port side and extends up under the bench seat to the cooler under the observers seat. I think it's about 1,300 pounds - although theoretically it holds more than that.

No weight on the darkside, honestly I wouldn't run bow weight at all. Completely fill the the rear compartment with sacs and then if you can fill up underneath the bench seat on the port side you'll have what I run.

We set taps on 4 and adjust "higher" as we burn fuel. Speed at 10.5 to 11. I used to get a similar sized wake on our 21V RE, as below which is our current 23V LE.

Upload
Old     (scottnaz)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-10-2008, 4:50 PM Reply   
^ enough said
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-10-2008, 5:02 PM Reply   
It would really help to know what size sacs you actually have.

Post this over on tigeowners.com as well, plenty of 20V surfers there. http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=31

My $.02, when your are light on Peeps, put as much weight as you can on the surf side rear, TAPS at 4-5, and speed @ 10.5. Start there and adjust speed and TAPS to fine tune the pocket
Old     (somebodyelse5)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-10-2008, 6:41 PM Reply   
This is the boat that was in the rider x mag when the boat came out, the red one with the red cap. In that article it said it had combined 1500lbs...so 2 big sacks in the back and a u shaped or 2 up front under the seats. i needa look at the ratings on the back sacks.
Old     (somebodyelse5)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-12-2008, 8:06 PM Reply   
we are looking to find some hard tanks for the side lockers, anyone know where we can get some?

and then throwing another sac on top of the hard tanks. Plus adding as much as we can fit up front.