Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (bspot5)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-21-2013, 9:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezul View Post
It all looks good to me. I figured it would be tabs. The wave looks good.
Like that video was any better? More quick video clips with tricky angles.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       11-22-2013, 3:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bspot5 View Post
Its part of marketing. The boat didnt look slammed in the video. It would be nice to see it with weight in it.
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       11-22-2013, 4:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bspot5 View Post
Seriously?? Denial much?

I hate supra boats, and even I can look through my brand blinders and see.........that is a respectable surf wake. No matter the "tricky angles".
Old    SMDFSRK            11-22-2013, 6:08 AM Reply   
Company has "pro surfer" come ride behind their boat. "Pro surfer" proclaims "OMG this thing is AMAZING" par for the course. Just waiting for the online unveil w/ ****ty production value. I'll believe what a "pro surfer" says about a brand when they get a half dozen of the top riders behind two or three of each manufacturers boats and leave anonymous, legitimate, unbiased opinions on the quality of the wave. So sick of the ball washing EVERY manufacturer gets from these hire "pro surfers".

These guys are in it for the free boat and a few bucks.
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-22-2013, 6:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixable View Post
Seriously?? Denial much?

I hate supra boats, and even I can look through my brand blinders and see.........that is a respectable surf wake. No matter the "tricky angles".
I wasn't all that impressed. Our boat is a SV23 hulled Malibu - not exactly known for the best surf wakes. Running no passengers, 750 locker, 500 under the port seat, 500 ski locker, 100lbs up front and 200lbs of lead on the rear port seat, I can get a wake that is fairly close to that without any surf-enhancing devices (other than the wedge, which doesn't add anything to the size of the wake and washes it out a bit but is needed for push). Add to that, our 'Bu is basically the same length but a far lighter boat running less ballast weight than that Supra.

FYI, I've liked the Supra boats I've sat in, though have never been on one in the water. No disrespect towards Supra but I'm not all that impressed. Wave doesn't look all that tall and the pocket isn't all that long. It's not that it is a bad wake, but when showing promo videos of your new surf system, I'd expect more.
Old     (mhibbing)      Join Date: Nov 2013       11-22-2013, 6:54 AM Reply   
Here's a video from pulling a rider who owns a Nautique just the other day and his opinions on Swell

Old     (mhibbing)      Join Date: Nov 2013       11-22-2013, 7:02 AM Reply   
Swell with 3 people in it.
Attached Images

Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-22-2013, 7:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhibbing View Post
Here's a video from pulling a rider who owns a Nautique just the other day and his opinions on Swell

That wake looks much better than the other video. Either far better camera angles or a much better setup was used. Wake looks much longer and more useable.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-22-2013, 7:32 AM Reply   
Quote:

Great videos you have posted..
Old     (bspot5)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-22-2013, 9:19 AM Reply   
Quote:

That video did look better, The skim is a much nicer wave than the big swell.