Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (willyt)      Join Date: May 2010       04-20-2015, 11:56 AM Reply   
All,
A word of warning if you're going to order something from Seadek. Their customer service just plain sucks. I've been trying to order trailer fender non-skid pad replacements for more than a month.

I found the modern dual axle trailer template here and emailed it to them, asking for a quote. They send back a very reasonable $160ish price for the pads, but include an incorrect template. I sent the template to them again, and they indicated that they could not print 'MasterCraft', but dealers could order them.

I called CincyMC asking for them to help me out with this, and it look them over a week to go set up as a dealer with them because the person (one single person) at Seadek was out on vacation that week (more on that in a minute). They quote cincy almost double what the initial quote to me was, without the logos.

I email them back and explain that I had experienced very poor customer service. I called the next day (after being on hold for 20 minutes) and they explained that their contract only allows them to print the logo on a case by case basis, (not explained to me initially) and said I needed to go about getting the approval. They also did not address my customer experience feedback. I thought this to be absolutely ridiculous, and asked for someone in the dealer setup department. She explains that there's no one left as they all had gone home for the day (I called just before 4pm). At my whit's end, I ask for contact info of someone at the factory I could talk to. They give me Southeast Marine's (a dealer) number, who isn't even an MC dealer anymore. I emailed them to let them know they had given me a wrong number, and to date, no apology.

Yes, their product, from what I have seen, is superior to pretty much everything else on the market, but their piss-poor customer service has made me go elsewhere to get these pads made.

I posted the same thing on TT.
Old     (zoodsmak)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-20-2015, 12:33 PM Reply   
I've never dealt with SeaDek, always been a carpet-in-the-boat and teak platform fan, but I do work in the industry. I will say that the industry as a whole is smaller than most people think. Having one person run customer service wouldn't surprise me. SeaDek is probably setup more as a supplier for the manufacturers and would prefer to do business that way rather than trying to work directly with consumers.

Also, having SeaDek maintain the rights to print name brand products gets to be a very complex situation. MasterCraft/Malibu/Nautique/etc. would want to retain approval so that their logo doesn't get printed on just anything, and they are entitled to make a percentage of the profit since SeaDek is "selling" the logo of brand names they don't own. Sort of like royalties for music artists.

Hopefully your dealer can go to bat for you. I'm not trying to cover for SeaDek at all, Obviously returning phone calls promptly is a basic necessity of great customer service, just trying to shed some light on what may have led to such a bad situation for you.

good luck!
Old     (corerider)      Join Date: May 2008       04-20-2015, 12:48 PM Reply   
From what I have read on PlanetNautique, Seadek tends not deal with individuals and all customers have to go through a dealer. Even for the people that have had custom templates made, it was required to go through a dealer. That may explain some of your headaches.
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-20-2015, 12:52 PM Reply   
They're probably busy making traction pads for wakesurf boards

Someone had to say it!
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-20-2015, 2:06 PM Reply   
They probably have to pay a royalty or something to use MC's name. Consider that when thinking about why the cost went up.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-20-2015, 2:07 PM Reply   
Also, in my experience, dealers don't like working for free, so they may have marked up the pads as well.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-21-2015, 7:22 AM Reply   
Contact Gator Step. They make the same material. http://www.gatorstep.com/
Old     (on_wi)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-21-2015, 7:27 AM Reply   
They made a small piece for me about a year back. I had a similar experience. They don't have enough people to deal with single boat customers. When you get to talk to someone they are responsive and do their best, but I'm sure they are keeping Nautique happy before they think about the 3 sqft piece an owner wants for their walkthrough.
Old     (JC1975)      Join Date: Mar 2015       04-21-2015, 8:06 AM Reply   
I've had the same experience with seadek. Long story short, I started the template process in November and apparently as of today my pads are in the mail. The product looks great but I would never deal with them again or recommend them to anyone, not worth the aggravation.
They really don't seem to care about customer concerns at all.
Old     (gravity)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-23-2015, 12:02 PM Reply   
I would never do sea deck for the same reason. The seemed to care less if they earned my business. I got my stuff from agenda. They also have the ability to make pre cut with logos now.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-23-2015, 12:13 PM Reply   
This is never nice to hear. Although it won't happen for a bit I did want to recover my swim platform at some point and add some traction pads to walk way on 22ve and was looking at doing this with Seadek.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-23-2015, 1:08 PM Reply   
Dave - Tige uses gator step and not seadek anyway. You would probably want to contact them anyway. Maybe they will already have your measurements since they do all of Tige's OEM decking.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-23-2015, 1:13 PM Reply   
Diggs: Good to know. Thanks.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-23-2015, 1:19 PM Reply   
I think the Ve was already retired before Tige picked up gatorstep. im sure they could make it for you, but they may not have the patterns.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-23-2015, 1:26 PM Reply   
That's what I was thinking to Mike. Not an issue. I'm sure it's the same template process unless they have another ve record.
Old     (GatorStep)      Join Date: May 2015       06-05-2015, 4:31 PM Reply   
GatorStep has templates for all 2010 Tige models and up as well as Malibu and Axis

Old     (carcrz)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-06-2015, 5:16 AM Reply   
And just like that, you've got your answer. Hahaha I guess that answers 1 question about GS' customer service.
Old     (MCObray)      Join Date: Mar 2013       06-08-2015, 9:31 PM Reply   
And if you're looking for individual pieces, Active Water Sports stocks a variety for 7 different Malibu / Axis by Gator Step!
Gator Step. 23 LSV. by Mason Obray, on Flickr
Gator Step. Axis A22. by Mason Obray, on Flickr
2015 Malibu Boats 23 LSV. Gator Step. by Mason Obray, on Flickr