Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 22, 2005

Old     (jbwaken)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-15-2005, 11:54 AM Reply   
Finally decided to fork up some doe and buy my own dry suite. Been using a buddies Bare and wanted to know is there anything a little better in the same price range?

Any suggestions?
Old     (malibupilot)      Join Date: Nov 2005       12-15-2005, 12:36 PM Reply   
Bump.... I'd like to know the same.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-15-2005, 12:42 PM Reply   
anything better than a bare in the same price range? that's hard to find. bare drysuits (baggy style) are some of the best ones out there.

you might want to check out o'neill drysuits as well.

be careful w/ the "cheaper" ones. they're pretty good, just not as comfortable.
Old     (jbwaken)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-15-2005, 12:56 PM Reply   
Joe-any good or bad comments on the Gladiator Nylon suite from Overtons?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-15-2005, 1:01 PM Reply   
it's good, but the material is stiff and feels heavy.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-15-2005, 1:15 PM Reply   
Not only that, but the ankle seals are super tight and a b_i_t_c_h to get out of. I'd cough up the extra dough for a Boost or Bare.
Old     (greg__s)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-15-2005, 1:28 PM Reply   
I got my Bare for $299.00 at gotriver.com and am happy with it. If the o'neil came in my size, i would have paid the extra $80 and got it instead.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       12-15-2005, 1:35 PM Reply   
grizzly sports usually has them pretty cheap around $250
Old     (wakespecialty)      Join Date: Feb 2005       12-15-2005, 1:57 PM Reply   
new wakeworld advertiser www.adrenalinewatersports.com - make sure you talk to Mike Bell - he spent years with Wiley's and now runs his own shop. Not sure many in the country have directly sold and serviced as many suits as him. He is one of only a few that have been doing seal repairs/replacements since the days before wakeboards were "phaser equipped". Give him a call at least, you will learn something. $259 for a baggy.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-15-2005, 2:12 PM Reply   
adrenaline's drysuit feels exactly like the gladiator...stiff and heavy. maybe it's made by the same company?
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       12-15-2005, 2:30 PM Reply   
Keep an eye on E-Bay (if you are comfortable buying sight unseen). It took me about two weeks and losing three auctions, but I finally hit on a Bare dry suit in perfect condition. I got it for $178 shipped! It even came with a nice little storage bag.

Most of the dry suits on E-bay are dive suits, but every few days a baggy water sports suit shows up on there.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-15-2005, 2:42 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/8/271727.html
Old     (jbwaken)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-15-2005, 2:54 PM Reply   
is it still available? and do you have pics you can post or e-mail?

Kris, thanks for the web site and contact. There probalby the only ones that have children suits. Get my daughter one for her B-day in Jan. if she could slip into one. (only 5yrs old, has 1 season behind her and she's hooked!

Old    wiwakeboarder            12-15-2005, 5:06 PM Reply   
I like Barefoot Internationals dry suit for many reasons. It's baggy so I can layer underneath it. It's made for barefooters, so it can handle anything a wakeboarder can throw at it. and the company makes great stuff and if anything was to happen they would take care of it.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-16-2005, 6:33 AM Reply   
Ocean Tec - $200 Same mfgr as Gladiator, better warranty.
I also handle the BFI
www.boarditup.com
Old     (tshmitty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-16-2005, 4:09 PM Reply   
Give RV at Grizzly's Sports a call... I know he was running some specials.

Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       12-16-2005, 4:35 PM Reply   
Dry suits are hard to move in and are a pain in the neck to get on and off. Jet Pilot just came out with a new dry suit called "the Chamber" It is easy to move around in, 4 way stretch, seamless seals and keeps you warm. I have a bare drysuit and a Chamber wetsuit and I would use the
Chamber any day. It isn't as hard to get i and out of and although you may get a little wet, you stay warm. You can get one at http://www.southerncaliforniawatersports.com
Old     (sylv2080)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-16-2005, 5:51 PM Reply   
I know that Grizzly Sports a call b/c they are selling the Bare Ultra's for around $250.00 We are about to order about 10 from them and I've heard nothing but good things about them! Good luck!
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-16-2005, 5:52 PM Reply   
Wow, I don't recall anyone ever saying they were hard to move in. Once I got it down, I can get in and out of my Boost in a couple minutes. The vest on the inside a little loose and it doesm't seem like I'm wearing anything. And being able to get out and right into my sweats dry and warm... Myself, I'll never go back to a wet-suit for winter riding.