Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 22, 2005

Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-21-2005, 2:32 PM Reply   
Alright so I have a 2003 Byerly 137 thats starting to delaminate pretty bad, never hit a slider with it so thats not an issue. But do i just box it up and ship it out to Hyperlite, or should I attach a letter to go with, or whats the process with sending it to be warrantied? Sorry if it sounds dumb just not sure how to go about sending it. I also already have a 2005 Byerly, do you think they'll send me another, or will I get an 06 or a different 05 shape? Thanks for the input.
~Tyler~
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-21-2005, 2:53 PM Reply   
Well ok I just talked to some girl from Hyp. on the phone, and she said the only way to get my board warrantied is to have the dealer i got it from send it to Hyperlite. This was my first board, and my parents bought it for me from G.I. Joes from a buddy who worked there. Should I go to another dealer(actual board shop) in town? I just don'y know how good GI Joes would be at dealing with this since most of their gear is usually just laid all over the place atleast at the one where I live.
Old     (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-21-2005, 3:04 PM Reply   
Go to your local board shop and see what they could do for you.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-21-2005, 3:44 PM Reply   
Tyler, take it over to Bend Ski & Board and talk to Brian, he will send it in for you. If not, give Alex a call and he can call the factory for you.
Later
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-21-2005, 6:15 PM Reply   
Randy- I just went down there and talked to Brian, cause we sell our longboards in his shop too. So he hooked it up and is sending it in for me to hopefully get a different model other than the 06 Byerly since I already have the 05. BTW what is Alex' board of choice? Brian said he could get me store credit for a different board than the Byerly maybe, so I might be looking at the new Murray, but just wondering. Thanks
~Tyler~
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       12-21-2005, 6:26 PM Reply   
Tyler, there is a very good chance hyperlite still has the same blank.... Most likely you will get the same board w/ current graphics.. I have had this happen twice... Good luck and good to hear you have another board for the time being.. Lead times seem to take forever.. Later and Merry Christmas to all you guys
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-21-2005, 6:40 PM Reply   
Tyler, that's cool that brian is hooking you up, I thought he would. Take the store credit & look at the Murray, it has maga rocker this year & should give you a lot of pop like your Byerly. Alex hasen't riden it yet but talk to some HL pro's in Orlando and they love it. Alex is staying on the 3DS for 06 (he loves that board) HL is sending his bindings next week (Parks) and he is waiting on the slow boat from China for his board.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-21-2005, 6:45 PM Reply   
Josh- I definitely wouldnt mind getting the same board back with new graphics. I love that Byerly shape a ton
Randy- Yeah Brian can be a pretty cool guy, thanks for the tip on the board, and I may wait if i get the store credit, so I can demo a board or two to see which 06 I really want.
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       12-21-2005, 6:51 PM Reply   
good luck w/ either, but i also agree w/ randy.. if you can't get your old shape back go for the murray -- it is a sick board...