Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 22, 2005

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       12-14-2005, 1:41 PM Reply   
Just wanted to throw out an idea for those of you trying to do some last minute shopping for the wake fan or wake child on your list. WakeWorld clothing is a great idea and there is still time to get it before Christmas.

We've got tees, long-sleeve tees, hoodies, Flex Fit hats, women's tanks, got wake? tees, stickers and even infant and child clothing.

Brady says to buy now at http://www.wakeworld.com/products/ ! :-)

Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-14-2005, 1:59 PM Reply   
where did the onesies go???
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       12-14-2005, 2:14 PM Reply   
You can find the got wake? onesies in the got wake? tees section at http://www.wakeworld.com/products/gwtee.asp
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-14-2005, 2:16 PM Reply   
sweet. thanks Dave.
Old    wakelvr            12-14-2005, 2:31 PM Reply   
Wow, that kid is CUTE, CUTE, CUTE! I'll take the kid... how much?
Old     (uppledup17)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-14-2005, 2:42 PM Reply   
Dave, how about some wakeworld beanies. Being a bald guy in Chicago, you always need something to protect your melon. I wouldn't mind sporting a wakeworld stocking hat.
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       12-14-2005, 3:02 PM Reply   
I like the beanie idea. I would buy one for my cold little head.

Dave, have you ever thought about selling gear that people could personalized with their WW name on it? The last several events/trips, I always hear people saying that they wish we had something like that so we knew who was who.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-15-2005, 8:52 AM Reply   
What about the big men that wear cool clothes? I was wearing 2Xl back in the old days. If you print them, they will buy....
Old     (ivyrider)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-15-2005, 8:57 AM Reply   
I would totally wear a beanie too!!! I love beanies. and being able to personalize it would be neat!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       12-15-2005, 9:51 AM Reply   
I'm a little hesitant to add stuff to the line up like beanies. We don't sell a whole lot gear as it is and every new item we add brings with it the added cost of carrying another line along with the storage issues (my wife isn't happy about our inventory taking over the laundry room). Last year I was convinced to do the onesies, so I have two boxes of them and I've only sold about 10 over the last year. Maybe I suck at marketing! :-)

I'm going to start looking for a new place to do our shirts, so I'll check into doing alternative stuff like beanies when I find one.

Jason, we've got XXL in most of our stuff. What are looking for?
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       12-15-2005, 10:18 AM Reply   
Dave,

It's all in the marketing. The more people see it, the more they remember that they can buy it.

There is a company called Cafe Press www.cafepress.com who you can have do all your Wakeworld gear. Basically, you decide what you want to sell out of their inventory of t-shirts, sweatshirts, etc... anything you can think of. You send them your logo info, set your profit margin and they do the rest. That may be something you want to look into.
Old     (uppledup17)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-15-2005, 10:26 AM Reply   
Dave you don't suck at marketing you are just offering something everyone else does. I mean t-shirts, and hoodies are everywhere. But a beanie that's money. Maybe I am crazy or maybe it has something to do with my hairline, but that is the first thing I search for. And Dave I know they are sponsoring you with this site but could a co-op be arranged with boarders paradise or another online store. That would get your goods and this fantastic website more exposure.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       12-15-2005, 10:33 AM Reply   
Yeah, I've seen Cafe Express, but that basically adds about %25-%50 to the price of everything, which is crazy. My whole goal is to keep it cheap so that anybody can pick some up. Where else can you find a $13 tee-shirt?
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-15-2005, 10:33 AM Reply   
Add my name to the list of bald men who would definitely purchase a WW stretchy hat or two.
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       12-15-2005, 10:41 AM Reply   
So maybe that's another question... how much are we willing to pay for WW gear? I would be willing to pay a little more for something especially if I could customize it with WW name.
Old     (uppledup17)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-15-2005, 11:06 AM Reply   
I am not so interested in putting my name on it as much as giving Dave props for this website. By far the best I have found----for any sport for that matter. I am all about helping the people that help me and in that thought, if it is unique like a beanie, cost is irrelevant. Pimpin ain't easy. Cost doesn't bother me, supporting those in our sport and this community is what I would be intersted in. If Umali is reading that goes for DPC films as well. Peace.